1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

****OFFICIAL August, 2012 (PART 2)****

Discussion in 'Doing the Happy Dance!' started by elaine amj, Jul 19, 2012.

1. LifeIsDis

LifeIsDis "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

3 weeks from today my mom and I leave for the happiest place on earth!! :woohoo: :banana:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. litlpixie

litlpixie Proudly stalking the CRO since 2001!!

TODAY is 30 days from our vacation:cool1:........It is also my birthday:cake:

Happy Friday Team!! love you all!:hippie:

4. Megs114

Megs114 Mouseketeer

I would maybe plan on getting to the airport for 5:30. After flying out of Newark and JFK numerous times, I realized the surrounding airports are just way to unpredictable.

I feel your pain though! My DH booked our flight for 6 am out of Newark. Which means leaving our apartment in Central Jersey around 3:30-3:45. Normally, I would be freaking out about getting up this early in the morning, but since it's for DW I'm content with it lol.

Congrats on all the exciting news!

5. Emteach

Emteach DIS Veteran

Haha, looking around my living room right now to see what I can sell :)

6. NikkiLovesWDW!

NikkiLovesWDW! "Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "S

We have the 6am flight out of Newark too but I'm only about 15 mins away so it's not so bad. I used to get there super early because I'm always paranoid but the airport is always EMPTY that early on a weekday so I think this time I'm going to leave at 4:45am. That'll give me an hour.

7. taylor3297

taylor3297 DIS Veteran

You won't need tags for going home. Actually you don't even need tags for going to WDW if you are in the system. Our tags didn't arrive for our trip last September, we just checked in at the ME desk and got our luggage no problem.

When you get to your hotel, just let them know that you need ME for going back to the airport. They will make sure all the information is there.

8. Megs114

Megs114 Mouseketeer

Lol that's how I am too. Especially with Newark lol. We're only about 20 minutes so it's not too bad. When are you leaving?

9. OneBadApple

OneBadApple DIS Veteran

I love the idea of a FB group.

Stan, I have a feeling I meet you and your daughter last year in MK by the dole whips for a July dismeet. I;m just putting the pieces together now.

Welcome to the group.

I like to get to our airport at least 90 minutes before our flight. Our airport is usually not too busy. How long is it going to take you to geet from Tribeca to the airport?

I REALLY want a iPhone, but cannot justify the cost of the data plan. Right now my family all have "dumb" cell phones.

10. NikkiLovesWDW!

Got everyone's ADRs! :thumbsup2

11. NikkiLovesWDW!

Hey! I went to high school in Clark!! Are you from there originally?

Leaving the 16th. How about you?

12. Megs114

Megs114 Mouseketeer

Really? When did you graduate? I'm not but my husband is. I'm originally from Sayreville

13. Sabrefan

Sabrefan Mouseketeer

Joining even though I only have 11 days left :cool1::yay::woohoo: Looking forward to checking in online, I think my day is Sunday to do that. Havent started packing yet, just the toiletries and such.

08/01 - 08/08

ALL STAR MUSIC

DINING AND PARKS

8/01 - MAGIC KINGDOM
    LIBERTY TREE 6:50

8/02 - ANIMAL KINGDOM
    TUSKER HOUSE 9:05

8/03 - EPCOT
    CORAL REEF 5:45

8/04 - HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
    SCI FI DINE IN 5:50

8/05 - ANIMAL KINGDOM
    RAINFOREST CAFE 7:15

8/06 -MAGIC KINGDOM
    1900 PARK FARE 8:40
    DD (TO BE 8YR OLD)'S BIRTHDAY - SURPRISE BIBBIDI BOBBIDI BOUTIQUE MAKEOVER AT CASTLE 5:20

8/07 - MAGIC KINGDOM
    CHEF MICKEY'S 10:25

14. NikkiLovesWDW!

'99. I see from your sig you're a little younger than I am. Does he have any older siblings?

15. elaine amj

elaine amj DIS Veteran

woohooo - this thread is moving just as fast as the old one!

I fly frequently and my DH likes to be early - he hates to be rushed at the airport. I still laugh when I think of the day my MOm (and I) kept insisting it would be fine and we missed our honeymoon flight! (It wasn't a big deal - they took care of us and we got the next flight out).

I get to the airport 2 hours early. I also pad an extra 15-30 mins for driving time. Any more is very unneccessary.

Last flight to Florida we did Park and fly and since we were only 5 mins away, decided to get to the airport 1 hr before. It felt rushed and I didn't like arriving at our boarding gate to see a lineup of people boarding already.

16. beachmama3

beachmama3 Mouseketeer

We are going to look into DVC when we are down there! I think it would be worth it for our family!

I know- the video gets me choked up. My DH was laughing at me last night when I watched it! I will have to download that song for a ringtone. The crowds definitely make the Aug heat tolerable-no lines means getting into the AC faster! You def have to head to the pool for a bit. (Not to mention it was cooler down there than NJ earlier this week.)

That is awesome!! Must have been so exciting! If you play in Philly, you will have to let us know, we are not that far away!

YAY!!

Happy birthday!! :cool1:

17. elaine amj

elaine amj DIS Veteran

happy birthday!!!!

:jumping1:
    :bday:

18. OneBadApple

OneBadApple DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Tara

Tara Bad Influence

I've actually never flown out of LGA! Plenty out of Newark and JFK, but most of that has been international first class, which means I'm getting there in the evening and can always use priority lane. No such luck on this trip. ;)

Funny - sweetie and I are going to the Dominican Republic in 2 weeks and our flight home leaves at some crazy time like 12:30am...if it were anything else, it would be drudgery. Because it's vacation and we're together, it's an adventure. :) :) :)

When I have those super early mornings, I usually end up never even going to sleep because of the combination of last-minute preparation and fear that I won't wake up and I'll miss my flight!

20. Megs114

Megs114 Mouseketeer

Oh ok. Yes he has an older step sister that graduated in 98 I believe. I'll pm you

21. CRdisMom

CRdisMom DIS Veteran

Man I leave for Texas and this thread just blows up. Lol. Hubby announced to me last night that I need to make ressies for DTD on August 8th. Apparently his company is giving all the convention goers a Free night. Okay. I'm thinking raglan road but this really messed with my plans to hang out in the park until wishes. :(. Oh the troubles I have. Hahahahahahaha.

If anyone is doing the fb thing let me know. I want to join in ;)