***Official April 2013 thread*** SEE POST # 4028

Discussion in 'Doing the Happy Dance!' started by pwdebbie, Apr 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crzy4my2

crzy4my2 Mouseketeer

April 9-16

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. HappyGal

HappyGal DIS Veteran

Mine was for 9 nights preferred pool view at POP, no park tickets (I got a deal on those thru AAA).:thumbsup2

4. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

$439 saved with the discount.....so about 13% off. better than 0% off i guess. actually, when crunching the # s, its really pretty typical so not sure why i felt disappointed. we all know the holy grail of discounts is free dining and we all know FD is never offered in april so our discount wouldnt be as good as FD...... however, FD would have been a discount of $623, so $439 is not too shabby in comparison.
    best part is-- cruise is paid in full and about half of WDW portion is paid :thumbsup2

5. cherylsmike

cherylsmike Mouseketeer

DOING THE DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE!!!!!:yay::yay::yay:

6. librarygeek

librarygeek DIS Veteran

I've been wondering too. Since this trip we're staying off-site, I'm hoping the FP+ thing won't be active yet. We almost always stay on property but because our uncle gifted us points from his timeshare it made sense to stay off. But I'm hoping we don't encounter too many difficulties with fast pass because we chose to stay off site.

7. trtl6941

trtl6941 Mouseketeer

What are the chances of another discount being released?

8. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

when does this one expire? thats probably when the next discount will be released.

9. trtl6941

trtl6941 Mouseketeer

Hmmm, I think it's book by March, cutting it close!!

I just heard that the Nemo rooms were excluded from the Spring promotion? Is that true? My daughter is so set on Nemo, but to save $400 I might need to try Lion King......anyone have an opinion? I mean $400 isn't that much overall. Gosh, we can stay in a villa with the discount for the same price, but with 5 of us, the suite seemed so nice!!

10. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

theyre not outright excluded because i' m in one. i think certain weeks they probably have booked their quota of discounted rooms so arent included those weeks. i bet only the busiest weeks like march to easter weeks.

11. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

just saw that it wasnt available for you. whats your date? mines the 12-18th and like i said, we' re in nemo and we got the discount.

12. trtl6941

trtl6941 Mouseketeer

Yeah, we are booked in one from 15-21 and we were told we had to switch to a LK or CARS room to get the discount :guilty:

13. trtl6941

trtl6941 Mouseketeer

ok - here is my question more specifically (just posted this in the resorts forum). What do you think? I am so torn, we need to add a night because it was SO much cheaper to fly out a day later. We were going to stay at POP for that one night...but if we save $$ we might not need to and can stay at AoA. Ugh, what to do!!

Here is what I posted:
    So....turns out there are no rooms available in the Nemo section at AoA for our dates with the Spring promotion. This trip is for my daughters 5th birthday and she specifically chose the Nemo room. Now, being she is 4 (almost 5!) I am sure I can easily "sway" her through some choice wording to the Lion King rooms, but I am not sure if it's worth it! What do you think the chances are of a Nemo room opening up? Should I switch now to a Lion King room and save $400?

I must say, when I booked this trip (In August) I was SURE a promotion would open up and now realizing we might be paying the full price we booked at, I am a little bummed!

14. tlh4hart

tlh4hart Earning My Ears

so is anyone else having problems with the new site. I have both tried to link my reservation, no luck it tells me it doesn't exist, and when I try to view my old page it just refreshed the page....so frustrated

Sent from my Xoom using DISBoards

15. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

ive heard they only put out a small # of rooms for the visa people so if thats the case then some nemo rooms should be available on the 3rd

16. Dreamsdocometrue9112

Dreamsdocometrue9112 "hang onto your hats and glasses 'cause this here'

Me too!!!!!:banana: we'll be there at the same time!!!

17. trtl6941

trtl6941 Mouseketeer

Oh wow! That would be awesome!!

18. soulmates

soulmates traveling through life, with the one I love DVC Gold

I can't wait to be UNDER 90 days....CLOSE!:thumbsup2

19. DisMomAmy

DisMomAmy DIS Veteran

You can update us to 4/17 - 4/28! :cool1: We'll be offsite at Sheraton Vistana Resort for the whole 11 nights!! :cool1: This will be our longest trip yet & our first long trip without moving resorts part way through the week!

20. Hannikins

Hannikins Mouseketeer

I know! I haven't long until 90 days, then I can book the wild africa trek!

21. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

i cant stop thinking how looooong january- march is going to be.:scared1: i really wish february wasnt so crowded, then we could be going during feb. vacation, but i' m not willing to endure those crowds, so its always going to be april.........except maybe when the kids are a little older and i can leave DH behind so we' re not tied to school vacations. :thumbsup2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.