***Official April 2013 thread*** SEE POST # 4028

Discussion in 'Doing the Happy Dance!' started by pwdebbie, Apr 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dreamsdocometrue9112

Dreamsdocometrue9112 "hang onto your hats and glasses 'cause this here'

YAYYY!! 100 days!!!!!!:banana::banana::yay::yay::yay: single digit numbers tomorrow!!

I will definitely jump on the Facebook page!! So exciting to know someone else on the boards will be there at the same time at the same resort! :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

Ticker check! :thumbsup2

4. loganpaulsmom

loganpaulsmom DIS Veteran

Hi all! It's been a while since I posted.. I guess real life just got busy.. We have Jess than 4 months and just over a month until our final payment is due, which is scary considering what we just spent on Christmas.. Where's the money coming from to pay ?? Lol
    As I was reading over the many pages of posts that I missed 2 things popped out at me.
    1. Is there really a possibility that there will b a discount for our trip?? If what a pp saw on the planning DVD then we squeak by in April by 2 days.. Please Disney discount gods.. Lol
    2. The new Fp system. This could b a problem. We are going with my Bil/sil and niece and nephew but we booked seperately. What if one of us doesn't get chosen? The whole point of going together is to be able to ride together.. Lol

5. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

yes, the new discounts will be out on the 3rd. the discount varies by resort and date (no rhyme or reason) so its not like "all values 20% off". according to my calculations it looks like ill save about 10% on our trip ~ about $300ish. better than nothing iguess but still disappointing.

im ignoring the possibility of FP+ bein/ out. im not a fan

6. sea nymph

sea nymph Mouseketeer

Our 1st trip to Disney in April and are keeping our fingers crossed for discounts. If not, then we will have to re-arrange our dining plan!

7. gtpoohbear

gtpoohbear DIS Veteran

If you have a Disney Visa you can book the discount today, got mine this morning-$1200 off :)

8. mrslsa

mrslsa Earning My Ears

We are spending the day in MK before our cruise. Our trip dates are April 9-14. It's my 5th time at Disney, DH 2nd trip, DD (7) 4th and my DS(2) 1st. This is all our our first time cruising. We are so excited! Counting down with the rest of you.

9. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

we"re doing our first cruise too after WDW.....the Dream on the 18th.

on hold 26 minutes so far. ugh!

10. HappyGal

HappyGal DIS Veteran

99 days!:cool1:

11. HappyGal

HappyGal DIS Veteran

Thanks for the heads-up, your tip saved me $368! :goodvibes:cool1::thumbsup2

12. jenhum

jenhum Earning My Ears

Just booked our April vacation with the Disney Visa spring discount. We'll be there 4/14-4/19 at AofA in a Lion King suite. I am so so excited!!! I haven't been to WDW since high school, and this will be my DD4's first trip. She is overwhelmingly obsessed with Lion King, she is going to flip out when she sees where we are staying!!!

13. trtl6941

trtl6941 Mouseketeer

What is the discount at AoA for April?

14. jenhum

jenhum Earning My Ears

Mine came out to 15% for 5 nights and 5 day base tickets.

15. bigjrfan88

bigjrfan88 Mouseketeer

Im going at the end of the month for only 4 days. I was only going to save about 115 bucks staying at POP. Mine was only a Room Only + Tickets discount. Was that the kind of discount they gave you too, or was your a package discount?

16. trtl6941

trtl6941 Mouseketeer

Bummer....couldn't get Nemo suite :( (we are already booked there, don't want to switch)

17. bigjrfan88

bigjrfan88 Mouseketeer

OK. Here's how it worked out for us. After waiting for a while I was able to find an agent that could get us the correct deal. This is the same deal that goes out to the public on the 3rd in case anyone is wondering. After much deliberation we decided to move to POR in a preferred room. I was able to get into a preferred room at a moderate resort for roughly the same price I was spending in a non-preferred room at a value resort.

So go ahead and move us from POP to POR on the front page. Same dates different resort.

18. pwdebbie

pwdebbie DIS Veteran

Unfortunately POFQ is the only moderate resort not included in the Disney VISA offer. So no discount for us as dh is comfortable there.

I noticed that some new folks have joined us over the last few days and others have made some changes. When I get a chance to be on the desktop, I will update the first post. If i overlook you, send me a PM. (I tried to update the first post once on this tablet and that is not an adventure I will go on again - a nightmare it was.)

19. wdw4rfam

wdw4rfam DIS Veteran

YAY- just rebooked my current trip with the new Disney Visa promo and saved a little over $600 and didn't have to change anything. Disd have to cancel curent trip and rebook though since the old reservation was a room only and this one was a package. I got 25% at POR preferred room, and there WAS a discount on my 7 day tix- but haven't done the math to see what the % is. I can tell anyone wondering that is WAS slightly cheaper than the mousesavers 7 day tix!!

20. bigjrfan88

bigjrfan88 Mouseketeer

I also switched my ressie to POR and took advantage of the discount. Our trip is half the days as yours which is why we saved half the amount you did I guess. But we are going on the Dream for a few days afterwards. Im hoping for discounts there too, but I dont think its going to happen. I feel like I won something today. It was nice to get into a preferred room at a moderate for virtually the same price I was paying for a standard room at a value. Patience is a virtue I guess. Free dining or some type of reduced package would have been nice too, but the room only discount along with the discounted tix was nice. The lady that did my booking said that this was probably going to be the type of promotions that they are using from now on. Apparently she said Disney is losing money on that free dining option. I cant see how though since the food quality has dropped since they started that promo.

21. pwdebbie

pwdebbie DIS Veteran

Okay, everyone, I updated Post 1. Please check it out and see if you are listed and if you are, if your listing is correct. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.