***Official April 2013 thread*** SEE POST # 4028

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we're lucky enough to have my in-laws who are DVC members using their points to get us our hotel. They wanted to contribute to the girls first visit to Disney and also decided to join us. We're already booked at the Boardwalk.

However, I did post the following as another thread, but no one's answered me so... maybe I'll ask here...

I wanted a fun way to countdown with the girls for our trip but it's WAY too far out for many of the cute ideas I saw, even the "100 days until" is not for a few months.

So last month on the "10 months until departure date", I got them each old style tin banks, tinkerbell and friends, and wrote their names on the caps so they could start their savings. We recently instituted chores around here and they now get an allowence so that worked out perfect.

We're coming up on 9 months until departure and I need some ideas.

My in-laws came up for the summer from FL and brought them WDW backpacks with lanyards and starter pin sets so there goes at least two of my ideas. LOL.

I also want to get them autograph books and pens but I'm thinking that might be more of a one month until gift.

I'm not looking to spend any serious cash, in fact I got the banks for like $3.00 each. So... got any good ideas? Disney related of course and ideally something for the trip or related to the trip would be good.

We're coming up on 9 months until departure and I need some ideas.

So... got any good ideas? Disney related of course and ideally something for the trip or related to the trip would be good.

Disney movie night weekly? Watch movies that are specifically related to things in the parks -- Nemo, Toy Story, Monsters Inc., etc.

Yes you have to call! I just did, I took the AAA discount for now as a room only, and will wait. If a good promo comes out then I will switch to a room and tickets package. For now we took the AAA discount at POR, and will buy tickets through UT. They are cheaper than through disney by 105.31. so between the AAA discount and buying tickets at a discount its like putting together our own discounted package :rotfl: we will put money on a gift card to use for dining...first year going without the dining plan. We can still have 1 ts a day and split counter service meals and come out ahead! We prefer water (don't drink soda), and do not like those CS desserts which essentially you are paying for.

I called and got my 10% AAA discount applied yesterday. Brought my king room for 11 nights at POFQ down by $270 she said. I'm a little shell-shocked though because that still means I'm spending over $200 a night, if I'm doing my math right. Need to look at the confirmation letter they are supposed to be sending soon.

Also, I bought our tickets through UT back in 2011 before the 2011 price increase as we originally planned to go in 2012. By doing that, we'll have avoided at least two price increases before our 2013 trip, so yeah, I guess I should consider that an additional discount.

We definitely already do the movies. DH works nights so we often pick a movie and pop some popcorn on a Friday or Saturday night.

I like the water bottle idea. They do activities and often carry around a water bottle anyway, so they would be using it all the time.

playing Disney music in the car is always a blast!!!

I am afraid to buy our Tickets and then if a promo comes out where you need to have a MYW package with tickets to qualify?? Ahhhh. I know we could still drop the AAA and get a Room only discount. At least something is booked! 7 nts POR :love:

playing Disney music in the car is always a blast!!!

I am afraid to buy our Tickets and then if a promo comes out where you need to have a MYW package with tickets to qualify?? Ahhhh. I know we could still drop the AAA and get a Room only discount. At least something is booked! 7 nts POR :love:

Book a package and pay the deposit. You dont have to do anything else until 45 days from your check in date. Lots of things can change between now and then. Discounts, or maybe you find that just getting a room and paying OOP for everything else is the better deal.

right now I booked a room only with the AAA discount at POR for 7 nts April 13-20th....in order to get the discount it had to be room only for now. Cannot add tickets to a AAA room only. If nothing comes out I will order tickets from UT. If a code comes out for room discount then I will call back and change my room only to a MYW package with tickets. Now I just wait......:badpc: for codes and for Jetblue !

I found this thread looking for any news about any kind of discounts. We are going 4/1-10 staying at POR. Last year was our 1st yr ever. While we had a blast dd was sick the first 4 days so we missed alot.

This time my MIL is coming with us. Our dates are not flexible. The more I research the more I realized we are probably not gonna get any kind of discounts.

Now I'm off to read the entire thread since I'm such a disney planning junkie lol

I found this thread looking for any news about any kind of discounts. We are going 4/1-10 staying at POR. Last year was our 1st yr ever. While we had a blast dd was sick the first 4 days so we missed alot.

This time my MIL is coming with us. Our dates are not flexible. The more I research the more I realized we are probably not gonna get any kind of discounts.

Now I'm off to read the entire thread since I'm such a disney planning junkie lol

Yeah unfortunately with those dates you are smack dab in the middle of Spring Break, and Easter was just on the Sunday before your arrival date. There may be something that comes out for that week, but I wouldnt wait to book POR if you havent already done it. That week may fill up fast and you dont want to miss out on getting the resort you want.

yeah we already booked it directly with Disney....which I love because its like a layaway plan.

I want to go while dd is on break. We took her out of school last year and she had a very hard time getting back into the swing of things because she missed alot.

right now I booked a room only with the AAA discount at POR for 7 nts April 13-20th....in order to get the discount it had to be room only for now. Cannot add tickets to a AAA room only. If nothing comes out I will order tickets from UT. If a code comes out for room discount then I will call back and change my room only to a MYW package with tickets. Now I just wait......:badpc: for codes and for Jetblue !

Wave to me when ya get there! I'll be over at ASMv same time

ok I'll wave!!! Unless we switch resorts and we are at ASMO too!!! Everything depends on the discounts that come out! My top three choices were AOA, ASMO, and POR...so for now we are booked at POR! Couldn't believe that AOA for the LM rooms were more than the other values, I know its new, but its still a value room!

Going to go ahead and hop in here!

My BF and I haven't even been to the World yet (leave for our first trip with my family in a week!) but a couple months ago we decided to already plan our return trip, lol!

We're DLR vets so we just know we're going to fall in love down there and are planning our return for April. Our tentative dates are 4/22/2013-4/29/2013, as that has our anniversary smack dab in the middle. :)

Very exciting to already have another trip to plan when we get back, I'm sure it will help with withdrawals. :P

So, hello fellow April '13 Dis-era! :wave:

Welcome Angiemouse!!!!! Come here to plan for april when you get back, and hope you have a great trip!!!!:wave2:

Oh my goodness! I just realized I booked the wrong dates...guess I have to call them, I had my DD's spring break all messed up :eek:

I will be going April 15-21!!!

Oh my goodness! I just realized I booked the wrong dates...guess I have to call them, I had my DD's spring break all messed up :eek:

I will be going April 15-21!!!

I wish our spring break wasnt so darn early....its always starts on the Monday after Easter and Easter is early this year.

Thanks to pwdebbie for pointing me to this thread. We're all booked for our next trip!! Staying April 9-19 at POFQ. 10 days instead of our usual 7-8! I persuaded DH that if we stayed longer we could have shorter park days and a couple of non-park days ;) Little does he know that it's really so I can have a couple of hours every day to spend at the Flower and Garden Festival.:ssst: I LOVE Epcot that time of year, but it's been years since we were last there at that time- we usually go in Jan or Sep. And by the time we get back home I'll be all inspired to plunge into spring planting in my own garden!

We booked a room only with a AAA discount for now. Hopefully a nice room only discount will come along. Definitely don't want the DDP anymore- it just doesn't work with the way we like to dine. I'll definitely wait till after the spring discounts come out before buying our tickets, but right now am planning on UT tickets to save a bit more cash.

welcome Minnie mum!!!! I am waiting too to buy tickets!!!! Tentatively booked at POR :rotfl: just got a text from DH at work....his co worker was asking about renting DVC points again for 2013?!?!?! Ughhh. First he said NO way in regards to the lack of beds for our DS's.....now with the cost of the 2013 rates he is saying to buy a twin aero bed for one of them :lmao: He is driving me nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter