***Official April 2013 thread*** SEE POST # 4028

Discussion in 'Doing the Happy Dance!' started by pwdebbie, Apr 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigjrfan88

bigjrfan88 Mouseketeer

Which cruise are you looking at?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

umm....... my mind is drawing a blank on the date. It's the 3 nt. to Bahamas on the Dream -- something like 4/18.

4. bigjrfan88

bigjrfan88 Mouseketeer

Cool. We are looking later in the month. I was just curious if we were sailing at the same time.

5. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

I've spent all day reading about DCL and the Dream -- wow, lots of info. :scratchin I'm a WDW nut but know practically nothing about DCL...... I know 3 nts. will be over in a flash and is surely not enough time to do everything there is to do on a Disney cruise, but I figure it's a good intro to cruising for the kids, and if they love it, we can go on a longer cruise in the future. It actually would be the perfect excuse for me to get my Disney fix at other times of year b/c as it stands now with DH being a teacher, our only options are Xmas/New Years week, Presidents Day/Feb. vacation and April vacation...... and I would never go during the Xmas or Feb. breaks due to the extreme crowds, so maybe we can stick with doing WDW in April and a cruise in Dec. or Feb. each year. :thumbsup2

6. pwdebbie

pwdebbie DIS Veteran

I'm sure we all know that the Flower and Garden Festival goes on for the whole month of April. I just found the official dates for 2013. March 6 to May 19. THIS is why I like to go in April.

7. xoprincessmomxo

xoprincessmomxo <font color=deeppink>Making Papa Nick stew...<font

For those that have gone in April before, are there usually any discount out around this time? Any little bit would help, as I just priced out what I would like at value season and it was over 7 grand with plane tickets. EEEEK! So, any little bit would help!

8. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

i think normally it's just room discount at that time - not anything good like free dining. that's what it was this year when I went and I believe I checked the past discounts and it always seemed to be the same.

9. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

also, April isn't value season. It's Peak (close to Easter) and then Regular.

10. momtwoboys

momtwoboys DIS Veteran

anyone know when peak will run until in 2013? Hoping we are going when prices are regular, NOT Peak!

11. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

easter is march 31, so I expect it will be Peak for the week following Easter, and then go to Regular season. So around the 7th-8th

12. momtwoboys

momtwoboys DIS Veteran

yahoo! We are going 13-20th so it should be regular :thumbsup2 Waiting to see the rates is killing me!

13. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

Ok, I'm getting anxious now...... is it too early to start working on my park days/touring plans???? :confused3

14. momtwoboys

momtwoboys DIS Veteran

nope not at all! :rotfl2: I kinda made a rough plan too! We don't really follow a touring plan inside the parks anymore, just kinda head where we want to go. BUT I do plan which days for which parks, and where to eat. This trip will be new for us to add the water park option, and hop! Getting that feature together makes it more affordable! I may book with AOA but further down the road when a room discount comes out we need to have a second choice ready....looks like those AOA rooms are not going to be part of many discounts!

15. momtwoboys

momtwoboys DIS Veteran

so what is everyone choosing to book for wed???? Huh?:rotfl:

16. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

I'm just gonna book AoA for the entire week of the 13th until I'm 100% sure on the cruise part, then when I book the cruise I'll take the last 3 nights off the AoA ressie.

17. momtwoboys

momtwoboys DIS Veteran

cool! I wish there were standard rooms scattered throughout the resort. LM is one my favorites, but I'm sure the boys would love the other themes! Oh well, if there is a percent of the room portion and AOA is excluded then we are leaning towards ASMO....if the percent is greater at the Moderates then we will go with POR !

18. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

yeah, it will stink if AoA is excluded but it seems like (so far, anyways) only the LM rooms have been excluded from discounts, probably b/c there's such a small amount of them compared to the suites. i have my heart set on staying here (probably the Nemo suite) so if they're excluded I guess I'll just go with the AAA discount.

19. momtwoboys

momtwoboys DIS Veteran

how much is the AAA discount? We have AAA but never really thought the discount was much? Do you book through disney and they add the AAA?

20. gtpoohbear

gtpoohbear DIS Veteran

I'm SOOOO excited for Wed, lol! You would think we were leaving then, not just making the ressies :)

We have finally decided on YC, after first thinking Contemporary, then BC, and DD intermittently begging for AoA.

Still not 100% sure on the exact dates. I'm thinking arrival on 4/20, but debating # of nights - 7, 8, or 9??? We've done both 7 and 8... would love to do 9 but work/school factors, and of course $$ become possible issues then. 8 would be perfect maybe, except that it complicates our flight plans. Sigh. 2 days to make up our mind! I've actually been making quite a few "mock plans" trying to get a feel for the time and how much I think we would need to be happy, just to help me decide which to book. But everytime I think I'm settled on something, i start second-guessing and change my mind. AHHH!:confused3

Hopefully the website will be running smoothly Wed. and I'll be able to make lots of easy comparisons.

21. trtl6941

trtl6941 Mouseketeer

Joining in!

Planning on going from 4/22-4/28 as of now! I think we'll stay at the AoA but undecided so far! I really really want to stay at the poly but wonder with 3 small kids if AoA might be better for them. We stayed at POP in 2011 and loved it! decisions, decisions.....

Gotta update my ticker!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.