***Official April 2013 thread*** SEE POST # 4028

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have the same proficient and proficient with distinction.....but it's only for the NECAP testing. The report cards are still in the A-F format. Are your kids doing the NECAP testing this week? We are here.

Yeah, but only the juniors in our high school do them. I absolutely hate them-I have a 4.0 GPA and 2000 SAT, but I wasn't proficient on one of the sections of the NECAP. We also found out that if you don't have a long enough essay in the writing section, it doesn't matter how good the content is, you still get points knocked off (this was investigated by our principal). So, in my opinion, NECAPs=bullcrap.

TJDisneymama said:
ok, excitement over. Looking at the flights again are making me depressed!! WHY all of a sudden this year are there no good flights? It looks like they're discontinuing a lot of non-stop flights. :crazy2:

And to boot, although AT & SW Flights aren't out for my return date yet (Sunday, 4/21) I looked at other Sunday flights back from MCO, and AT seems to *never* have regular Reward flights on Sundays, and SW charges like triple the # of points on Sundays than they do on other days (so i wouldn't have enough points). This is a HUGE problem because flights home seem to be $400-$500/pp ONE WAY and I cannot pay that much so if I can't use rewards to cover it, we are screwed. :sad1:

Who knew it would be so difficult to get freaking affordable airfare between Boston & Orlando?

I had a problem with trying to book the Thursday flight B/c the one I wanted was no longer available. If I would have booked when they first came out they probably would've been a little cheaper too. :(

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

loganpaulsmom said:
How come only 1 park day??

My DH and my DS15 said they didn't want to do Disney next year... Shocking I know!!!! :(
They wanted to stay at the Hard Rock and just do universal. I just got a new job so to celebrate I wanted to go to Disney. I had to talk DH into going to FL at all so I am super excited anyway! Just waiting for airfare now. We might be going in July.

pwdebbie said:
I've listed a few new names in the first post. Please check it to see if you are there. If you have "???" next to your dates, that's because I don't know where you are staying. Please let me know. I have tickers turned off because it kills my computer and all that jumping around makes my old eyes do funny things. :)

Goodness, there was a lot of activity today! Everyone is getting in gear for ADRs. Makes the trip seem more real, doesn't it?

Debbie~ could you put me at Hard Rock CL instead of universal?? Thanks!!:)

Wed. To Wed added like $800.. Hope it's cheaper for u.. :)

Eek! No. I will have to ask DH if he searched Tuesday to Tuesday, though. I just know it was much better than flying on weekends.

He's handling the flights and car rental. (I know, I know, but he feels better having a car. Ask me about the year his mom had heart problems at AK while on a Disney trip with us ... and we spent most of the trip driving back and back to the hospital in Celebration!) I handle everything Disney.

It makes me twitch, not having every single detail in my hands ... but he says I need to delegate or I'll be freaking out. ;) He knows me too well ...

Does anyone here a Southwest Visa? I need help! My first billing cycle closed yesterday and all the points show on the statement. But nothing when I login to the SW Rapid Rewards account. Does it take a day to get into that account or do I need to manually transfer them over???

I have a SW VISA, but I don't watch the timing that closely. I think it does take a day or two after the billing cycle ends for the points to appear on the Southwest site. As you know, Chase handles the credit card, so what it amounts to is Chase telling Southwest to credit your Rapid Rewards account and then SW acting on that. You don't have to do anything.

My last credit card cycle ended September 19 and the points were credited by Southwest on September 20. But, they may not have appeared on the Southwest site until the next day.

If I were you I would just keep an eye on it and contact Chase or Southwest if you don't see anything in a few days.

So glad I booked april12th the day sw released! We got 135.00 nonstop leaving bdl. Now I wait for sw to open on oct22 so I can book the return. Good luck with your flights:)

I'm kicking myself for not booking SW when the rates were released. $129 non-stop from PHL each way is now $153 and $258 respectively. Ugh!

I have a SW VISA, but I don't watch the timing that closely. I think it does take a day or two after the billing cycle ends for the points to appear on the Southwest site. As you know, Chase handles the credit card, so what it amounts to is Chase telling Southwest to credit your Rapid Rewards account and then SW acting on that. You don't have to do anything.

My last credit card cycle ended September 19 and the points were credited by Southwest on September 20. But, they may not have appeared on the Southwest site until the next day.

If I were you I would just keep an eye on it and contact Chase or Southwest if you don't see anything in a few days.

i already called and she said since it's the first bill, it might take a few weeks. That's all right, I need to back off on the airfare obsession. I've always, always read/been told that 2-3 months before the trip is when prices are lowest, so that's what i"m going to aim for. I've never booked airfare this early and i've never had a problem (except last year, lol).

Jen12573 said:
I'm kicking myself for not booking SW when the rates were released. $129 non-stop from PHL each way is now $153 and $258 respectively. Ugh!

I hear ya!! That is why I may be switching the trip to July. The flights are just so ridiculous for April vacation. If I could only leave on a Tuesday!!!!

Hello!

DH and I are planning our very first trip to WDW! We have both been to DisneyLand as kids so we are really looking forward to our upcoming Orlando vacation!

We are planning to go April 15-25 (hoping to miss Spring Break and Easter break rush)

Thinking of staying at POP or a moderate resort depending on how much we can budget for.

I am really enjoying reading everyone's tips! So glad I found this forum! :goodvibes

:welcome:

I'll be there then also. I'm beginning to think that we are hitting spring break instead of missing it. We have more people listed for those weeks than the week after Easter. I think all of New England is taking spring break then.

ddluvsdisney said:
I hear ya!! That is why I may be switching the trip to July. The flights are just so ridiculous for April vacation. If I could only leave on a Tuesday!!!!

We're flying on Easter Sunday, which is still $100 less than if we flew down on 3/30. I wish we could change but this is the only time the whole family can go together. I may buy the flight there at $153 each and hope for a credit if it drops, then use that towards our return flight. Jeepers creepers!

Be sure to let me know if you switch.

i already called and she said since it's the first bill, it might take a few weeks. That's all right, I need to back off on the airfare obsession. I've always, always read/been told that 2-3 months before the trip is when prices are lowest, so that's what i"m going to aim for. I've never booked airfare this early and i've never had a problem (except last year, lol).

I always hear about the 2-3 months before too, but it doesn't seem to work that way when you travel at busy times. When we travel right around Easter, I try to book the day that schedules first come out and then I watch how the fares move after that. They very rarely come down (and if they do it's not by very much) but on some busy days they sometimes go up pretty significantly and pretty quickly.

The nice thing about Southwest is that if the fare comes down much you can just rebook at the lower fare and get a credit for the difference. As long as you take another trip within a year you can use those credits on the next trip. If you book with points you can just get the points back.

Hello!

DH and I are planning our very first trip to WDW! We have both been to DisneyLand as kids so we are really looking forward to our upcoming Orlando vacation!

We are planning to go April 15-25 (hoping to miss Spring Break and Easter break rush)

Thinking of staying at POP or a moderate resort depending on how much we can budget for.

I am really enjoying reading everyone's tips! So glad I found this forum! :goodvibes

Welcome!! and that is so awesome it's your first trip! Be sure to get your 1st Time button and wear it throughout the parks - there are sometimes very special surprises from CMs!

Anyways, this will be huge - not only because we can add a day to our trip but also when it comes time to booking flights, it gives me more options; instead of being bound to paying whatever it costs for an early morning Saturday non-stop flight (I'm not willing to fly later in the day or do a layover because I don't want to waste any of that Saturday since this is already a short trip. I like to arrive and be in the resort by noon), now I can
book a flight on Friday and I don't care if it has a layover or if it's a little later in the day! So I'll get a whole extra park day!! :cool1::cheer2::cheer2:

Now let's just hope his boss says it's ok.pixiedust:

I don't know if you know the old TA trick that we used to do back in the day - if you don't mind changing planes - sometimes it's cheaper to buy two round trip tickets...

We used to find what RT tickets were on sale out of the customers homebase - so in your case Boston - if flights to say DC were $99 RT, and flights to MCO were $150 RT, that's what we would book. It's time consuming, but if you find the right flights it's worth the work. And sometimes you have to fly somewhere obscure like to Chicago and then to Orlando - it just depends on what is on sale.

HTH!

ok, you were right PP. My SW points are in my account this morning. Phew. Now I can relax and if a deal does happen to pop up, I can use them.
I told DH to put in a request form for that Friday and see what happens. Once it's official I will rest easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter