***Official April 2013 thread*** SEE POST # 4028

Status
Not open for further replies.
gotdbltrbl posted a change (see post # 40). Looks like they are going to be on the cruise right before yours instead.

I'd like to put you on the first page but not sure of your dates. I've got the one night (20th) but not sure how long the cruise is and when you will check in for your nine-night stay.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. My dates are April 20-May 4, taking the 4 day Disney Dream on the 21st, staying at BCV's afterward. Thanks!

just stopping in to say hello! Still on for April 13-19...dates may change only by a day on either end. Depends on Jetblue :) still debating on our resort. Right now our choices are narrowed down to 3.

1. Boardwalk Studio....89 points x $8.00 $712.00
2. AOA standard room..not sure the cost yet
3. POR preferred room (alligator bayou) not sure cost yet

NO dining plan for us next year...
4 day passes...with package? or from U.T ??

planning slowly until the new rates and packages are able to book :rolleyes1

just stopping in to say hello! Still on for April 13-19...dates may change only by a day on either end. Depends on Jetblue :) still debating on our resort. Right now our choices are narrowed down to 3.

1. Boardwalk Studio....89 points x $8.00 $712.00
2. AOA standard room..not sure the cost yet
3. POR preferred room (alligator bayou) not sure cost yet

NO dining plan for us next year...
4 day passes...with package? or from U.T ??

planning slowly until the new rates and packages are able to book :rolleyes1

Hi!! How are you getting 8.00 a point!? That seems like it will be pretty good!

a co-worker that my DH works with. She is a DVC owner and owns at OKW and BWV. I know that it is a great deal, but the only drawback is not having 2 actual beds. Those sofa beds kinda suck. Decisions, decisions!

I looked into renting DVC points and it seems that none of them (at least in the points range I could afford) offered king beds. Since we sleep in a king at home, I don't want to give that up for a vacation. I hate sofa beds and I just can't see being on one for a week, personally. (The very reason that when we visit my parents five hours away we rent a room somewhere.)

yup that is why we are thinking real hard before renting points this time. We do not need a King bed at all, Queen works great for us. I just hated the fact that the kids were on a crappy sofa bed for 9 nights. Going to a 1 bedroom still does not have 2 beds either :confused3 Waiting to see prices for the other choices, and to hear reviews from AOA. Have a nice weekend everyone! Recital weekend for me princess::cheer2::banana:

What's new april planners? We are enjoying the end of the school year approaching :yay: Can't wait until 2013 packages are ready to book, we are leaning more and more towards a Standard room at AOA, or a preferred room at POR. I love the location of Boardwalk, but the sleeping arrangements are making it less appealing. Going with a 4 day hopper and 1 day tix at seaworld. Going to pay oop for all meals next time. Please stop in and say hello :rolleyes1;)

I figure more people will come on board after the new rates come out or after summer vacations are over.

We paid OOP for meals on our last trip and I have no regrets. We ate what we wanted when we wanted (of course, for dh's sake I had to have ADRs for one TS meal each day). It was very freeing to not have to worry whether we were using up our credits too slowly or too quickly. And not having to feel obligated to desserts all the time was a big plus. I don't eat them at home, why eat them there?

Dh loves POFQ so, unless I go alone or with someone else, I'll never see a different resort. My dream would be club level at one of the Epcot resorts -- always hear great things about Boardwalk's CL.

Just checking in too! We were able to book our studio at BCVs with rented points and I bought our park tickets through UT before the price increase (thanks to the DIS blog updates!). So far so good!

we stayed at POFQ too back in 1999! I also loved POR back when it was Dixie Landings :rotfl: We never eat dessert everyday at home and while on vacation we do like a treat or ice cream,but NOT with lunch and Dinner everyday! We just never ordered it while on the Dining plan, but now with the prices so high, I figure we could order the same food and skip the desserts at dinner and split a few counter service meals, still do a TS per day and come out ahead! I noticed we always wanted water with Lemon with our TS, we don't drink soda. Can't wait to have something booked! I still would love Boardwalk, but kids don't want to share the sofa :sad1: maybe we could buy a really good quality air bed? Hmmm, but those pics of AOA look so beautiful too.

Add us in. We will be cruising on the Dream May 2-5th, but will be at a onsite resort (not sure which yet) 4/28- 5/1.

Jumping on the April wagon! Just booked (room only) at Art of Animation for March 30 - April 6, 2013! Pretty set on the dates, but depending on 2013 rates we have a week in February that's an option. Woot!

MomTwoBoys-are you set on BWV-studio if you rent points?

OKW studio has 2 queen beds if that's an option for you.

I do love the BW area though. We prefer the Beach Club my kids love the pool but we can't swing deluxe often. Rather go yearly or more and stay mod then go every other year and stay deluxe. At least for now that's my thinking

We are still on for April and still unclear where we will stay. Thinking of getting 2 POR rooms unless we can manage to swing AKL-Kidani 1BR NEED 2 bathrooms.

I'm booked for April 17-27 at POR in a Royal Room!! Only 304 days to go! :banana:

I'm hoping to book the same - only it would be either April 16-21 or April 13-18. DD's 5th b-day is the 17th and trying to figure if it's best to celebrate our first day or last (probably go with first!). Still trying to convince DH on the trip... Then I have to pursuade for the Royal Room...

MMS1125, I checked into OKW, and while the rooms look huge and it has 2 queen beds....I am not sure about the location? Seems kinda blah?? I could be wrong. We passed through that area on the Disney bus going to DTD and it seemed just like I thought " A golf course" Unless someone can chime in here and prove me wrong? We have stayed at Dixie Landings 1x, POFQ1x, and enjoyed the boat to DTD :cloud9: waiting for 2013 rates!!! ughhh:scared:

My husband says we should have the money to go in April 2013. We were planning to go in September 2012, but life got in the way. I am not sure when to go in April. My sons will be 5yo and 2yo. My husband wants to stay at AOA in a regular room. The last time we went we stayed at AKL in May 2008. I have only stayed at Poly and AKL. My eldest son will be in school when we plan to go. He will be attending a PPCD, Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities.

Leslie

I think I've updated the first post correctly. If you see an error, please let me know!

So happy to find this thread!!! We are tentatively planning for April 20-27, possibly adding a day or two on to one end if there are discounts offered. We were originally thinking of staying at the Contemporary, but I think we have mostly settled now on Beach Club, mostly because DH wants to be close to Epcot for dinner every night :)

This will be our 3rd "big trip" as a family, though I grew up taking many smaller or day trips, as did DH since we both lived in Florida for a while as kids. And sometimes we squeeze in a "mini-trip" when we go down to visit my parents who live in Naples, FL. But it will be DS's first trip - he'll be 2.5 when we go!!! (I was 6 months pregnant with him last time we went) DD will be 9.5. So, no coincidence that we're trying to get one more trip in before it gets much more expensive, lol!

I just wish they would hurry up and start letting us book packages - after they released them so early last year (and I had no trip to plan) I was very hopeful that we would be "official" by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter