***Official April 2013 thread*** SEE POST # 4028

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi April friends!!!
I didn't think we would be going but I just got a job after being laid off for nearly 2 yrs.!!! :)
This is my celebration trip. We are still not sure on the date yet. I guess it all depends on the flights. I didn't know southwest already opened flights for April!!! We wanted to leave Friday afternoon on the 12th so since the flights are out already they are ridiculous. So maybe early the 13 th if I can get them the day they open up.

Does anybody know the date they open up flights for April 13????

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Yay for a new job!!!

I see you are another New Englander....(there's a lot of us on this thread)....my family has always flown SW to Disney, but you are right, their prices have been horrid!!! And that's even if you pounce on it day one.

To answer your question, they will open up the rest of their schedule on Oct 22nd, but I'll tell you...our family (2A, 2C) got a crazy good deal for non-stop flights out of Boston on Jet Blue!!! $950 for us four!!! :banana::banana:

Living in Manchester, NH, we usually fly right out of MHT, but it's looking like we'd have to pay at least $1700 so were gonna drive the hour to Boston and fly from there instead.

I would say you should look into it! :goodvibes

Mousemommy1 said:
Yay for a new job!!!

I see you are another New Englander....(there's a lot of us on this thread)....my family has always flown SW to Disney, but you are right, their prices have been horrid!!! And that's even if you pounce on it day one.

To answer your question, they will open up the rest of their schedule on Oct 22nd, but I'll tell you...our family (2A, 2C) got a crazy good deal for non-stop flights out of Boston on Jet Blue!!! $950 for us four!!! :banana::banana:

Living in Manchester, NH, we usually fly right out of MHT, but it's looking like we'd have to pay at least $1700 so were gonna drive the hour to Boston and fly from there instead.

I would say you should look into it! :goodvibes

Thanks for the info. We live in SE MA and almost always fly out of PVD, RI. This past April we flew out of CT cuz the prices were a lot better. It was about a 2 hr drive... Ugh!!! But worth it for the cost. We were thinking of driving up to MHT cuz we hate Logan. Logan is 1 hr away.
DH checked flights out of Logan today on Jet Blue they are 400 one way!!!

That was an awesome price for your flights!! What are your dates?
We're going for April vacation- 13-21

Thanks for the info. We live in SE MA and almost always fly out of PVD, RI. This past April we flew out of CT cuz the prices were a lot better. It was about a 2 hr drive... Ugh!!! But worth it for the cost. We were thinking of driving up to MHT cuz we hate Logan. Logan is 1 hr away.

We booked about 3 weeks ago and I do see that the prices have climbed up since then. We struck at the right time I guess. Our dates are 18-28!

I'm pretty sure my flights are so high b/c of the school vacation. We go through this every April. That's great that you can fly out on a Thursday- it makes a huge difference on the day.

I'm pretty sure my flights are so high b/c of the school vacation. We go through this every April. That's great that you can fly out on a Thursday- it makes a huge difference on the day.

Well, our school vacation week is 22-26 but we are asking the girls out 1.5 days early so we can leave on Thursday...:duck:

Mousemommy1 said:
Well, our school vacation week is 22-26 but we are asking the girls out 1.5 days early so we can leave on Thursday...:duck:

I wish I could do that!!! But I'm a teacher and it is frowned upon lol :)
So I suck it up and need to fly on the weekend. If the prices don't work out, we're going in July instead- a little scared about that.

So I suck it up and need to fly on the weekend. If the prices don't work out, we're going in July instead- a little scared about that.

Yeah, I could see how that might not be good for a teacher. :goodvibes
Our school district doesn't condone it, but my kids never miss school and are great students, so I figure unless the school district is going to pay for me to fly out on Saturday instead, which is significantly more expensive, then we leave Thursday. I doubt they'll be offering to pay...

We did July this year, it actually wasn't nearly as bad as we imagined. On every level...it wasnt as hot as we thought it would be (some nights we were actually chilly). The crowds weren't as bad as we thought either, except for when we encountered the Brazilian tour groups...

ddluvsdisney said:

Also a teacher- CT......I feel your pain. I would love a September Dis trip with DIScounts!!!!

Another teacher here.... Think of how much money we would save if we could actualy travel during value season:rotfl2: Can't complain, though, b/c I do love my job!

So here are my plans (for myself, DH, DD9, DS6) as of now (using TiW card instead of DDP for this trip):

3/29 Arrive at AoA LM
3/30 AK AM EMH (Lunch at Flame Tree or Pizzafari, Dinner at Landscape of Flavors)
3/31 MK AM EMH (hoping for a 7 AM opening), Leave MK at 9:00 and go to 10:15 Easter Mass at Contemporary
Then trying to decide between going to TL, EP, or swimming at the hotel and going to Kimonos for dinner...either way we can wait and see b/c we won't need ADRs
4/1 HS AM EMH (Lunch at Sci FI, Counter service dinner at HS or AOA or Pop)
4/2 Sleep in and swim at AoA then go to MK late afternoon/evening (Dinner at The Plaza)
4/3 Check out of AoA and go to EP (Counter service lunch, Dinner at Biergarten)
Check into Caribe Royale Suite
4/4 Swim at Caribe Royale then go to Medieval Times for dinner
4/5 MK (Lunch at Columbia Harbour House, Dinner at BOG)
4/6 Check out of Caribe and head home

If I can get an AP (or any other) discount, we may be able to upgrade to a moderate or stay onsite the whole time, but not without one.

I chose the above restaurants b/c we are already going to Supercalifragilistic breakfast, T-Rex, Garden Grill, 50s Prime Time, Yak & Yeti, Le Cellier, and Crystal Palace when we go in January. The January trip is with family members that don't go as often as we do, so it is much more "dining" oriented than our April trip will be (trying to save a little money by not doing the fixed cost meals).

What do you think?

Another teacher here.... Think of how much money we would save if we could actualy travel during value season:rotfl2: Can't complain, though, b/c I do love my job!

So here are my plans (for myself, DH, DD9, DS6) as of now (using TiW card instead of DDP for this trip):

3/29 Arrive at AoA LM
3/30 AK AM EMH (Lunch at Flame Tree or Pizzafari, Dinner at Landscape of Flavors)
3/31 MK AM EMH (hoping for a 7 AM opening), Leave MK at 9:00 and go to 10:15 Easter Mass at Contemporary
Then trying to decide between going to TL, EP, or swimming at the hotel and going to Kimonos for dinner...either way we can wait and see b/c we won't need ADRs
4/1 HS AM EMH (Lunch at Sci FI, Counter service dinner at HS or AOA or Pop)
4/2 Sleep in and swim at AoA then go to MK late afternoon/evening (Dinner at The Plaza)
4/3 Check out of AoA and go to EP (Counter service lunch, Dinner at Biergarten)
Check into Caribe Royale Suite
4/4 Swim at Caribe Royale then go to Medieval Times for dinner
4/5 MK (Lunch at Columbia Harbour House, Dinner at BOG)
4/6 Check out of Caribe and head home

If I can get an AP (or any other) discount, we may be able to upgrade to a moderate or stay onsite the whole time, but not without one.

I chose the above restaurants b/c we are already going to Supercalifragilistic breakfast, T-Rex, Garden Grill, 50s Prime Time, Yak & Yeti, Le Cellier, and Crystal Palace when we go in January. The January trip is with family members that don't go as often as we do, so it is much more "dining" oriented than our April trip will be (trying to save a little money by not doing the fixed cost meals).

What do you think?

We are using TiW this time versus DDP as well, it will be our first time using TiW, so should be interesting. :thumbsup2

My only thought is that if you are doing part of your stay off site, you should do that first. If it were me, I would be a bit sad to go from on site to off site versus the other way around. That's just me though...

We are using TiW this time versus DDP as well, it will be our first time using TiW, so should be interesting. :thumbsup2

My only thought is that if you are doing part of your stay off site, you should do that first. If it were me, I would be a bit sad to go from on site to off site versus the other way around. That's just me though...

The Caribe rooms have 2 queens and a living room, so they are actually bigger than AoA LM. I wanted it to be at the end so that our non park day (the day we hit a wall) was here b/c there is a pool slide and we won't be using EMH that day. So, we only have one park day (Friday) where we can't use EMH (we are rope drop people). If I get a discount and can get into a moderate with a pool slide, I agree that I should rethink ;)

Welcome! I added you to the first post. Do you know where you will be staying?

The Caribe rooms have 2 queens and a living room, so they are actually bigger than AoA LM. I wanted it to be at the end so that our non park day (the day we hit a wall) was here b/c there is a pool slide and we won't be using EMH that day. So, we only have one park day (Friday) where we can't use EMH (we are rope drop people). If I get a discount and can get into a moderate with a pool slide, I agree that I should rethink ;)

Gotcha!!! Fingers crossed for a good AP discount for you!!! :wizard:

I blink for two seconds and the thread explodes, lol! Nice to see so many NH people out there, my family is from Claremont. :)

I'll edit this post with plans later, off to bowling practise.

Ok, I found out the reason that the morning EMH hours at AK are changed the week of April 21. There is a cheerleading competition in the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular location on the 27th and 28th. So the Saturday morning EMH for that park was moved to AK's usual Wednesday slot and AK moved to DHS's usual Saturday. easyWDW had the information.

Has anyone been there when this is going on in previous years? I had our DHS day for that Saturday, wondering if we should keep it that day or move it. Does DHS get very crowded during this with those that attend or do they tend to stick to just the competition locations?

TJDisneymama said:
we're also here b/c DH is a teacher. If he wasn't we'd be going in Oct. or Feb.

Last year I was on maternity through the fall and we actually considered going in Oct just because it would be the only time we could until I retire in a million years.......but we were cruising in the summer and I wasn't being paid so I couldn't completely justify it :( Maybe some day !!!!!

Has anyone been there when this is going on in previous years? I had our DHS day for that Saturday, wondering if we should keep it that day or move it. Does DHS get very crowded during this with those that attend or do they tend to stick to just the competition locations?

easywdw said that the event will not impact the crowd level at DHS at all. The cheerleaders will be at that single venue and not filtering out into the park. Just going by what he said. Personally, I am surprised they would use the Indiana Jones set and not the American Idol stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter