Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

LJZHBdH.jpg

Capris are in the lower left corner!

The dollar store is a good place to pick up gloves and rain poncho. I paid $1 for two ponchos and $1 for two cheap gloves. Funny thing, my son and I wore them for a 10k...it was a double loop and we ended up with our gloves at the end because we dropped then after the first loop.
I might have to run over there. If it is truly cold, I have gloves that will stay with me. If I'm just needing them to take off the chill, a cheap pair would be good to have.

I was wondering if the merchandise preview had been done. I might now be up there Thursday morning now. Have to wait and see.

Where's my merch preview? I hope they do capris again - I love my Dopey capris!

I think it was February 10 last year. The previous year I was on the plane on the way down. It is anyone's guess.

View attachment 150379 These are the Half Marathon ones (the Dopey ones were purple and orange) - they have screenprint on them that said 2016 "Event Name". I love them.

Oh man...I may need those.

This weather is not cooperating with me. Snow and rain make for unsafe conditions on sidewalks when the concrete is littered with little stones. D: Plus the treadmill at home is too dangerous at this stage of the game because the belt catches all the time and I can't afford to fall.

just checking in (again!), no corral placements for the 10 K? Thanks to everyone who replied to all my questions along the way. I'm sorry I haven't responded to each individual post, life has gotten hectic. EVERYONE in my house is very ill, the week before our trip! PRAYING if I get it, I get it today!

Just saw mention of Dopey pants. Snow white is my FAVORITE, any chance of Dopey anything at princess expo?

Maybe I'm behind on the threads and someone has already posted this, but just checked the weather and according to weather.com, Sunday the 21st is high of 78, 10% chance of rain. Not bad!! Lets hope it stays cooler and dry in the morning and turns into a beautiful afternoon. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Maybe I'm behind on the threads and someone has already posted this, but just checked the weather and according to weather.com, Sunday the 21st is high of 78, 10% chance of rain. Not bad!! Lets hope it stays cooler and dry in the morning and turns into a beautiful afternoon. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!
The whole time we are there (17-21) looks beautiful so far! I can't even think what to pack in case it's cool in the morning. I don't remember what those temps feel like lol

I felt like the princess weather last year was perfect. It had been chillier the days leading up to it and then the afternoon after the race was sunny and gorgeous. I'm packing shorts and capris for running, and then a sweatshirt and gloves to toss if its extra chilly that morning.

I hope it stays dry too. This is going to be so much fun!

This weather is not cooperating with me. Snow and rain make for unsafe conditions on sidewalks when the concrete is littered with little stones. D: Plus the treadmill at home is too dangerous at this stage of the game because the belt catches all the time and I can't afford to fall.
Me too! Nothing news-worthy in terms of snowfall- I think I would almost prefer all the snow come on one day to this- every night this week when I get home it's snowing just hard enough to coat the sidewalks in the good areas and layer on top of the ice in the poorly shoveled areas. I can't afford to fall, but I also don't want a 2 week gap between my last run and the race! Ugh. So frustrating to have done all this work and feel like your falling at the final furlough.

And those capris are super cute. But are they thin material?- I run in capris all summer, but bought a pair from target that I thought were ok, only to realize after a few runs that passersby could probably tell my underwear color. I've been wary of anything non-black ever since :)

10K Corral Placements are never posted just like 5K aren't. You will know your corral placements when you pick up your Bib.

Me too! Nothing news-worthy in terms of snowfall- I think I would almost prefer all the snow come on one day to this- every night this week when I get home it's snowing just hard enough to coat the sidewalks in the good areas and layer on top of the ice in the poorly shoveled areas. I can't afford to fall, but I also don't want a 2 week gap between my last run and the race! Ugh. So frustrating to have done all this work and feel like your falling at the final furlough.
Oh, totally agreed. I've only gotten in two or three runs in the last few weeks. It's frustrating because the only thing it seems to prevent me from doing is running.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter