Official 2016 HHN-26 Thread

And her nervous tee hee starts being repeated
(And it is done in a high pitch, so cute)

Janet is a hoot and entertaining when she gets startled

Yeah, especially when my voice is so low I normally sound like a dude haha

You are a cool cucumber, not sure how you dos it.

Hi, looking for advice on HHN express vs. RIP tour.

This will be our first trip to HHN and we are going the nights of Sat Oct 1 and Sun Oct 2. I hate that we have to go a Saturday but it's our only option.

I cannot decide between doing the express pass for both nights, or instead purchasing the RIP tour on Sunday, and having no express on Saturday. The RIP tour would have to be on Sunday as Saturday is sold out.

On Saturday we will be at Universal during the day and would stay to wait for HHN to open. I thought we could maybe just take our time on Saturday night at HHN and take it all in, so to speak, not rushing around since we'll have been at the park that day. Then Sunday, sleep in, hang out and then go to HHN that evening with RIP.

Any thoughts on which would be better? Is it that awful on a Saturdy night without express?

Thanks!

keepswimming:

I've never been on a Saturday night, but my understanding is that's the busiest night. Sunday will be much more manageable (we did a Sunday night in mid-October last year), but I would recommend getting at least express passes for one of the nights (not both). An express pass would be more "useful" on Saturday (i.e. it might save more time b/c the park is busier), but it's also more expensive for that very reason.

If it were me, I would go without passes on Saturday, and stay in the park holding area like you've planned until HHN opens. That will allow you to knock out at least 2 nearby houses with minimal waiting before the main crowd makes its way in. Then, use the rest of that very busy evening to enjoy the shows, scare zones, rides that have short waits, and any other houses you want to spend the time to wait for. Then, on Sunday I would get express passes for less overall cost, and you'll be able to do every house and open ride.

I haven't done the RIP tour before; some here highly recommend it. If your goal is just to be able to do everything with the least cost, I think you can manage it with express passes only on Sunday, but RIP tour is there too if you're willing to pay.

So, we (me, wife, niece and nephew) will be at Universal from Sept. 14-17. That we landed on opening weekend was a happy coincidence as this was just a quick Universal vacation. Well, since we are leaving on a Saturday, that only left Friday (opening night) to hit HHN.

We have purchased Express Pass for HHN and will be hanging around the holding area to maximize our time. With that extra few minutes and Express Pass should we be able to knock out all the houses? Any tips/strategies are appreciated.

So, we (me, wife, niece and nephew) will be at Universal from Sept. 14-17. That we landed on opening weekend was a happy coincidence as this was just a quick Universal vacation. Well, since we are leaving on a Saturday, that only left Friday (opening night) to hit HHN.

We have purchased Express Pass for HHN and will be hanging around the holding area to maximize our time. With that extra few minutes and Express Pass should we be able to knock out all the houses? Any tips/strategies are appreciated.

Yes, for only doing one day that sounds like a great plan!

Keep in mind, opening night does tend to be busy, but again you should be fine.

Opening weekend is not bad compared to the crowds in October

Do stay and scream and cover a few houses before the park officially opens

It can be very doable

For the other poster all I can do is share my past experiences

From 1999 to 2007, I would do Saturday Hhn
I stopped going those nights as too much of a crowd for me
Not that it had long lines for the houses but long lines for restrooms, eateries, and just walking thru the park full of peeps

Suggest you get the ep for Saturday and if not go to the holding area and get a head start on the houses and get ep for Sunday or do rip tour
( tours guarentee you will do all houses and Bill/ Ted show)

I switched to the Columbus Day weekend for doing the rip tours as that time period always is crowded
The Sunday's starting in that time period is when I notice huge crowds

Some other Sunday's in the month is a bit or miss of crowd level
Next day is a school or working day for many outside the Columbus Day weekend

Since you will be their for the Sunday prior, not sure yet if ep will be a necessity
After the event begins next month, we all will know more about crowd levels

im going october 2nd.. a sunday. What would you anticipate the crowd level to be like?
i have express passes. I just feel like the firday nights/saturday nights ive been the last few years werent very scary due to too many people in the scare zones. i dont get scared easy, but i do love the people watching factor of those that do. I remember when they were building transformers there were big lights shining around that killed everything too. Hoping that going on a sunday will be a bit less busy.

I don't expect Sunday the 2nd to be bad
That is my first night for Hhn this season

I always look at the ep prices and Hhn cost for dates I will be at Hhn to get an idea of crowd levels

Be in the park before it closes and wait it out in one of the holding pens

Your advantage will be you can do at least two of the houses before the gate allows everyone into the parks

Then station yourself to the next house and you will be ahead of crowds

Last year house openings were staggered
I was able to do two houses then head to another part of the park to wait for those houses to open

Sometimes there is no pattern on which house will draw the most crowds

This is our first HHN... I'm wondering, what time do we need to be in a holding pen by? We have a non-private RIP tour so it's not really necessary for us to run to houses, but I do want to check out some of the decorations as we walk over to check in. Are the restaurants open in those "holding pen" areas? So, say I wanted to grab a sandwich from the Simpsons Fast Food place, is that possible?? Is it usually really busy when you're trying to get food in these pens? Thanks!

Does a map usually get uploaded before opening night? I'm trying to figure out which holding area to go to. Also is there more than just Finnegan's and Springfield? We're aiming to do AHS first as I have a feeling that might be the busiest of the night.

For the holding area, you'd need to be in before the park closes but I'm pretty sure I saw people going into them 60-30 minutes before closing. We cut it tight last year with 10 or so minutes. The food question, I don't know, sorry.

This is our first HHN... I'm wondering, what time do we need to be in a holding pen by? We have a non-private RIP tour so it's not really necessary for us to run to houses, but I do want to check out some of the decorations as we walk over to check in. Are the restaurants open in those "holding pen" areas? So, say I wanted to grab a sandwich from the Simpsons Fast Food place, is that possible?? Is it usually really busy when you're trying to get food in these pens? Thanks!

When the park closes all leave unless you have the Hhn tix
You will be directed to a holding pen that is nearby

I usually go to ET and get in that line ride at 4:57
Once it is 5:00, the TM there will not allow anyone in the line

Last year I was off the ride at 5:35
I showed my Hhn tix and was sent to the Simpsons holding area

I do that ride before closing so I don't have to stand around doing nothing

Simpson holding area was good as I did the taco truck there

Since you are doing a tour, go to a holding area near a food place and eat once all released for the houses

Take your time then walk over to the vip lounge at your check in tour time

If you are not in the park before it closes, you will have to enter the park at 6:30

The lines are long and you have metal detectors to go thru

Too time consuming and crowded for me so I always stay in the park in a holding pen

Does a map usually get uploaded before opening night? I'm trying to figure out which holding area to go to. Also is there more than just Finnegan's and Springfield? We're aiming to do AHS first as I have a feeling that might be the busiest of the night.

For the holding area, you'd need to be in before the park closes but I'm pretty sure I saw people going into them 60-30 minutes before closing. We cut it tight last year with 10 or so minutes. The food question, I don't know, sorry.
Maps are always leaked out way before opening date

And someone usually posts it in a thread here

Last year holding areas included the alley section of universal store near the front of the park , finnegans, the area in front of potter
(( open area before you enter that section of the park) and Simpsons area

I went several times last year and stayed in all four holding pens above

Least favorite was the area by the universal store
Extremely crowded on that time

I'm guessing the area by the Universal store and Finnegans go to the same houses right? We did Finnegans a few years back and ended up doing Alien vs Predator and then I think the Walking Dead, both near the front of the park. I'm guessing if AHS is near the front of the park, maybe the one by the Universal store could be the better option?

I feel like such a n00b. The last three years we've always gone late October and I've been able to creep around here and figure out where to go from what everyone else posts :laughing: I'm slowly figuring it out.

Agreed - what's above. Houses will be -

Hollywood - Exorcist, AHS
New York - Walking Dead, Ghost Town
Diagon - Chance, Texas
Springfield - Halloween, Tomb
Ugh, so Exorcist and AHS are the houses I am most excited about. So it looks like I will have to do the "stay and scream" in Hollywood. Anyone know what is open in the Hollywood area at that time? Is there a place to eat that is open?

Not many eateries opened until Hhn starts at 6:30 each night

Finnegans will be open and peeps sit a long time during their dinner
I have found that it stays full during the wait time until the park reopens

Simpson area should work during the holding time period

Can't think of what else is opened during the 5 to 6.:30 time period

Some years houses are staggered for opening times

2 houses open around 6 ish for the peeps in holding areas
Then rest of the houses open when gates open

Of course it might be different at different dates during the Hhn season

I go beginning of October and leaving for home by the 16 th
If things are different once I am gone, I read about it online or thru friends

Ok!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got my T-shirts ready for the event!

20160824_195326_zpsevebywd9.jpg

Can't wait any longer!

mac, confirmed HoS on the 29th.. I will be driving to Tampa on the 28th night... road trip?!

Cheers! :drinking1

Marqui :thumbsup2

Ok!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got my T-shirts ready for the event!

20160824_195326_zpsevebywd9.jpg

Can't wait any longer!

mac, confirmed HoS on the 29th.. I will be driving to Tampa on the 28th night... road trip?!

Cheers! :drinking1

Marqui :thumbsup2

Love those!!!!

Not many eateries opened until Hhn starts at 6:30 each night

Finnegans will be open and peeps sit a long time during their dinner
I have found that it stays full during the wait time until the park reopens

Simpson area should work during the holding time period

Can't think of what else is opened during the 5 to 6.:30 time period

Some years houses are staggered for opening times

2 houses open around 6 ish for the peeps in holding areas
Then rest of the houses open when gates open

Of course it might be different at different dates during the Hhn season

I go beginning of October and leaving for home by the 16 th
If things are different once I am gone, I read about it online or thru friends
That is really helpful! I thought all the houses opened for the stay and scream peeps early! I really prefer to stay in DA if that is an option. I am not going until 9/25, so I appreciate the heads up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter