Official 2016 5th Anniversary Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend!

If anybody's looking for rooms still, I just cancelled a reservation for that weekend at BW Stovall's and Eden Roc. Eden Roc was a single king, don't remember if Stovall's was a king or 2 doubles.

A little late in posting this, but we are officially inside the 6-month mark! :yay:

Galloway training plans have been posted, and they start right at the beginning of January...

10K plan (starts January 12)
Half Marathon Beginner Plan (starts January 5)
Half Marathon Experienced runners "To Finish" plan (starts January 5)
Half Marathon Experienced runners "Time Improvement" plan (starts January 5)
Pixie Dust Challenge Plan (starts January 5)

What training plan is everyone thinking about using? :)

I have absolutely NO idea what I'm going to be doing training-wise, and that's kind of concerning? My race schedule is SO front-loaded to start the year ... I'm actually running a 10K on Thanksgiving solely for Tink PoT (if I do what I think I can do, it should jump me one if not TWO corrals at Disneyland), so I'll have that going for me.

But I've got Dopey, then Glass Slipper Plus - and then the following weekend, I have the Cowtown Half here in my hometown ... plus, I've got the NYC Half in March. And then, luckily?, nothing really after that until Pixie Dust Plus.

My GOALS are to:
1. Not get swept in the full and finish Dopey
2. Run either/both Cowtown or NYC for a significant time improvement - I'm looking at minimum 30 minutes of time improvement from my last non-Disney half.

I *think* my training goals will be to just maintain and have fun/finish in a decent time at Tink. Unless I win a lottery spot for NYC Full in November, then all bets are off and I will totally have to revisit.

Unless I win a lottery spot for NYC Full in November, then all bets are off and I will totally have to revisit.

If you do get a spot for the NYC Marathon, I think I know what I'll be doing the first Sunday in November...
(Although I'll have to double check that subways aren't affected, which they shouldn't be, because Queens gets no love so I'd have to cheer you on from somewhere in the city)

If you do get a spot for the NYC Marathon, I think I know what I'll be doing the first Sunday in November...
(Although I'll have to double check that subways aren't affected, which they shouldn't be, because Queens gets no love so I'd have to cheer you on from somewhere in the city)

Awwwww! I'm signing up for the lottery, but after Dopey - if I decide I don't absolutely hate the distance, I'll probably just fundraise in through Team 4 Kids like I'm doing for the Half in March!

It will be so nice to see a friendly face out there!

Had my first Tink Half nightmare last night. Which is surprising since Star Wars is only two months away. Not sure why I'm worried about Tink already!

I'll be designing out my training plan this weekend, and starting the Monday after thanksgiving. Soo excited to start a new training cycle!!

And no nightmares! This is going to be an amazing wonderful race.

Had my first Tink Half nightmare last night. Which is surprising since Star Wars is only two months away. Not sure why I'm worried about Tink already!

Having nightmares for Tink already...that is early. Hopefully, it will be your one and only.
I'm always good for a race nightmare or two.

I'm also looking forward to starting the training program. Anyone else on Fitbit and want to do some extra challenges ??

I just received word this morning that my "I'm In Training" 10K shirt shipped this morning from the Disney Store and it'll be here on Friday!

I'll post pics when it arrives. Now it feels like it's really happening.

I got mine yesterday and it's around here somewhere. I picked pixie dust challenge bc it's purple and I love purple. I'm only doing the half though.

I got mine yesterday and it's around here somewhere. I picked pixie dust challenge bc it's purple and I love purple. I'm only doing the half though.

Mine was just dropped off at my front door. Only 3.5 hours until I can go home and try it on. :)

I regret not getting that shirt! I thought I'd be able to find it through a third party later on. But nope. Oh well, maybe it'll pop up again.

FYI: RawThreads is having a pre-Black Friday sale. Use code ELF for 35% off. :)

THANK YOU! I just snagged 3 running shirts for my 10K training for $76, a big savings of nearly $40. (It's like buy 2 get 1 free!)

Ursula "bow tank"; 10K Minnie Mouse "racer tank" ; and 10K Tinkerbell "regular tank".

cdRK5pH.jpg

They got me for a second...I thought this was our medal! (It's last year's.)

http://www.rundisney.com/blog/artic...niversary-tinker-bell-half-marathon-11-17-15/

"The Tinker Bell Half Marathon anniversary medal will be sure to delight with its colorful design and focus on Tinker Bell. Look out for the reveal of the medals in early 2016."

I'm a little nervous for the medals...I really did not care for the 2015 medals. :eek:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter