Official 2015 Quick Service Meal Substitutions *Post Here*

Now, I am a rule follower of the first kind, but what is really irritating me is that the 2015 Disney Dining Plan Official brochure states a Quick Service credit for breakfast includes: Entree; *Non-Alcoholic Beverage. *May be substituted for any item that is an eligible snack at the location.

So the Manager saying they are not able to do it in 2015 is just plain WRONG!! :sad2: Could the issue be they don't have any other snack option available during breakfast? I don't know; I haven't had breakfast there.
Maybe taking a brochure around with you to show them when they want to point out that is not an option. They might have a harder time arguing with their own policy when it's stated right there in writing lol.

This has been our experience as well. We've been here all week and have subbed desserts and drinks at the same time at various places without issue. The mesage seems to have made it across to all. CMS and we've been doing lots of subbing and using qs for 3 smacks since we got here.

We are going be there in November, and our 8 yr old DD will be with us. will it automatically use the adult QS credit or can you ask them to use a Child QS credit?

So would getting two drinks work? The entree, and two bottled waters. The way I read it sounds like it would as most QS place the water is listed as a snack credit. Have never been able to eat all that food on the dining plan but always need lots of water. Two years ago I had no problem doing this even before the changes but last year had no luck doing it anywhere. Ate a lot of fruit then though as they mostly let me sub that for dessert so it was all good.

So would getting two drinks work? The entree, and two bottled waters. The way I read it sounds like it would as most QS place the water is listed as a snack credit. Have never been able to eat all that food on the dining plan but always need lots of water. Two years ago I had no problem doing this even before the changes but last year had no luck doing it anywhere. Ate a lot of fruit then though as they mostly let me sub that for dessert so it was all good.
It most likely would work. Some cashiers may say no. I found it helpful to mention the fact that you know that dining plan substitutions had changed. Sometimes the cashiers would call a manager over. The manager always approved whatever substitutions I tried to make.

I have to admit though, I never tried to get two drinks. I was trying to avoid getting drinks everywhere I could.

It most likely would work. Some cashiers may say no. I found it helpful to mention the fact that you know that dining plan substitutions had changed. Sometimes the cashiers would call a manager over. The manager always approved whatever substitutions I tried to make.

I have to admit though, I never tried to get two drinks. I was trying to avoid getting drinks everywhere I could.

Thanks!!! I am always searching for the water!!! And reading through these reports it looks like I am the only one doing so as most are like you avoiding the extra drinks. But on vacation I drink at least a gallon a day at least so if it works will be super awesome.

Thanks!!! I am always searching for the water!!! And reading through these reports it looks like I am the only one doing so as most are like you avoiding the extra drinks. But on vacation I drink at least a gallon a day at least so if it works will be super awesome.
I am the same way with water and it always kills me on vacation and my body can really tell when it's not getting water like it usually does. I always feel bad using my refillable mug for water instead of soda but I prefer water to soda.

I know some people love their bottled water, but if you don't mind water from the soda machines, you can always get cups of ice water for free at the counter service locations.

I know some people love their bottled water, but if you don't mind water from the soda machines, you can always get cups of ice water for free at the counter service locations.
I agree! Everyone is different but I love getting unlimited free ice water from QS places then dumping it in our filtered water bottle to take out the nasty taste. We are big water drinkers.

I asked at BOG (lunch) today if I could swap out my drinks for the soup. They said no.
But they confirmed that desserts could be swapped out for the soup, which I already knew, since I've done it before, but at least it's good that they sound consistent with that rule though.
At BOG we tried to swap out drinks for the soup too, but no luck.
We were successful at Pinocchio's when we swapped out a dessert for an order of yummy pesto garlic bread knots with marinara sauce.

I am the same way with water and it always kills me on vacation and my body can really tell when it's not getting water like it usually does. I always feel bad using my refillable mug for water instead of soda but I prefer water to soda.

I agree! Everyone is different but I love getting unlimited free ice water from QS places then dumping it in our filtered water bottle to take out the nasty taste. We are big water drinkers.

Thanks for the advice. I have done all this. But since I don't need the extra food most times would prefer not to waste that and just use the bottled water, if it will be doable. Everyone who travels with me knows I quickly learn where EVERY bathroom is!

Some of the options I am reading about food look quite good so I won't be trying for two waters every meal!

Thanks for the advice. I have done all this. But since I don't need the extra food most times would prefer not to waste that and just use the bottled water, if it will be doable. Everyone who travels with me knows I quickly learn where EVERY bathroom is!
I don't need the extra food either. I just want it. I need to be more like you. :goodvibes

Last night at pepper market I successfully traded my dessert for a large bowl of delicious chicken tortilla soup-it would have been plenty for a meal. I saw a manager and asked first. It seemed like the cashier knew too cause thats the first thing she asked, if it was a snack or not. I have to give huge kudos to that manager. He was super helpful and even grabbed one of our trays for us, I just wish I was better at remembering names!

I asked at BOG (lunch) today if I could swap out my drinks for the soup. They said no.
But they confirmed that desserts could be swapped out for the soup, which I already knew, since I've done it before, but at least it's good that they sound consistent with that rule though.

I had the same experience at BOG on Monday. We got two entrees and two soups (instead of dessert) but were told that we had to get the drinks. It was no big deal, and the French Onion soup was the best I've ever had! It was way too much food! We couldn't finish half our sandwiches! My roast beef was excellent; DD's potato leek soup was just okay, and her sandwich, the ham & cheese type one (my spelling isn't great so let's just call it that) was too heavy on the ham.

I have a question to ask about the changes. Does anybody know if a QS credit can be used towards 3 snacks at the F&W?

Best way to do this is to decide how many QS meals you want to convert to snacks, maybe just start with a couple, then have them do the conversion on your account at the front desk of your resort before heading out. The kiosks aren't set up to do the conversion, but this would allow you to do one snack credit at a time! The lady at the gift shop at Pop yesterday explained it to me.

My experience last week was mostly positive. Only place that didn't allow ANY substitutions was France, and I didn't push the issue. DD wanted a sandwich, drink and dessert anyway, but we did ask. They were kind of pissy about us asking, so we just got one meal and moved on.

All other places allowed us to substitute when we wanted, but Pop food court was especially helpful!

Best way to do this is to decide how many QS meals you want to convert to snacks, maybe just start with a couple, then have them do the conversion on your account at the front desk of your resort before heading out. The kiosks aren't set up to do the conversion, but this would allow you to do one snack credit at a time! The lady at the gift shop at Pop yesterday explained it to me.

Great idea! :thumbsup2

Tanooki mentioned they need to have "DDP combo" button on their cash register to convert the meal to 3 snacks and I don't imagine the kiosks would have this on their register, so that seems like the perfect solution.

Did this CM actually convert QS credits into snack credits on your account? Because this goes against everything I've been told and seen. If you could convert QS to snacks like this, it would effectively remove the restriction of all 3 snacks needing to be purchased in one transaction at one location.

Did this CM actually convert QS credits into snack credits on your account? Because this goes against everything I've been told and seen. If you could convert QS to snacks like this, it would effectively remove the restriction of all 3 snacks needing to be purchased in one transaction at one location.
Now that you can officially convert meals into snacks, and substitute drinks and desserts for sides, I think Disney doing this conversion would not only be giving people more flexibility, but it would also save Disney some money, if more people opted to not order entrees.

The restriction to swapping all in one transaction would have to do with how they keep track of the entitlements. (I would think)

So doing it at the front desk would be the same as your still only using your given entitlements. (I hope so, it sounds perfect)

The way it was explained to me yesterday by the cast member is that they convert them to snacks first, then ring them up (that's what she did for me). If you don't want to get 3 snacks at one time for one CS credit, they can convert them at the front desk. That would enable you to have more freedom (if you desire to do that - like for us we had so many left over!) to use one at a time.

This seems like it would be nice if you were using them at the kiosks at the F&G or F&W. Those booths are not set up to accept a CS meal.

It would mostly save Disney money. For instance, our lunch with two CS credits at BOG would have cost about $57 out of pocket. Six snacks usually don't come close to that.

I question whether every front desk CM would know how to and be willing to do this, but if so that's great news! It would definitely be the best way to convert QS to snacks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter