Official 2015 Quick Service Meal Substitutions *Post Here*

What about the child's QS credit versus adult credit? In the past, we've been able to use all our QS credits for adult meals. Do they still work the same way?​

What about the child's QS credit versus adult credit? In the past, we've been able to use all our QS credits for adult meals. Do they still work the same way?​

The brochure still states that children must order from the kid's menu where one is available.

I'm curious as to whether a drink AND dessert could be traded for 2 snack credit eligible items in the same transaction? Say I want my entree, snack 1 instead of a dessert and snack 2 instead of a drink. Would this work? Thinking of the meals that we eat at the resort food court where we already have our refillable mug to use for our drinks and don't necessarily want a dessert.

I'm curious as to whether a drink AND dessert could be traded for 2 snack credit eligible items in the same transaction? Say I want my entree, snack 1 instead of a dessert and snack 2 instead of a drink. Would this work? Thinking of the meals that we eat at the resort food court where we already have our refillable mug to use for our drinks and don't necessarily want a dessert.

The way the brochure is worded, you should be able to, but until someone tries it and reports back, we won't know for sure.

Hi! :wave:
We've been here for a week now so let me tell you about subtitutions :rotfl:
We've been able to switch pretty much everything everywhere :thumbsup2
We were able to get an entree with 2 snacks at the food court (ASMU), we were even able to get breakfast with a snack (just one, not two since breakfast comes with one drink/side). We've been able to get 3 snacks as a meal credit as well pretty much consistently. I even got 3 pints of milk and used a qs meal credit at the Maestro Mickey store of ASMU since they don't have big regular milk (only small ones or big chocolate/strawberry milk) at the food court.
We were also able to do substitutions at the parks. We ate lunch at Restaurantosorus in AK today and no one wanted the desserts so I got 3 meals with double orders of fries instead, which worked out really great for my family of 6 picky eaters... :laughing:
We used snack credits at Writer's Stop in DHS last week and the CM even reminded me that I could use a qs credit to get 3 snacks :goodvibes
So our experience is very positive. As a previous poster said, I make sure to tell the cashier what I want to do before they start ringing in the transaction and I ask if his is possible. So far, no one has told me no :banana:
Oh and the milk is now included with cereal so you only need one snack credit for both (or you can get 4 things for a qs meal credit like cereal, milk, pastry and fruit for example ;)).
Let me know if you have any questions, we're here until Saturday! :flower1:

Hi! :wave:
We've been here for a week now so let me tell you about subtitutions :rotfl:
We've been able to switch pretty much everything everywhere :thumbsup2
We were able to get an entree with 2 snacks at the food court (ASMU), we were even able to get breakfast with a snack (just one, not two since breakfast comes with one drink/side). We've been able to get 3 snacks as a meal credit as well pretty much consistently. I even got 3 pints of milk and used a qs meal credit at the Maestro Mickey store of ASMU since they don't have big regular milk (only small ones or big chocolate/strawberry milk) at the food court.
We were also able to do substitutions at the parks. We ate lunch at Restaurantosorus in AK today and no one wanted the desserts so I got 3 meals with double orders of fries instead, which worked out really great for my family of 6 picky eaters... :laughing:
We used snack credits at Writer's Stop in DHS last week and the CM even reminded me that I could use a qs credit to get 3 snacks :goodvibes
So our experience is very positive. As a previous poster said, I make sure to tell the cashier what I want to do before they start ringing in the transaction and I ask if his is possible. So far, no one has told me no :banana:
Oh and the milk is now included with cereal so you only need one snack credit for both (or you can get 4 things for a qs meal credit like cereal, milk, pastry and fruit for example ;)).
Let me know if you have any questions, we're here until Saturday! :flower1:
I knew you could get 3 snacks from a quick service meal credit, but I didn't know you could get a quick service meal by using three snacks. Is that what you meant?

I knew you could get 3 snacks from a quick service meal credit, but I didn't know you could get a quick service meal by using three snacks. Is that what you meant?

No, that is not what they meant (or said). They exchanged their QS credit for 3 snack items.

The way the brochure is worded, you should be able to, but until someone tries it and reports back, we won't know for sure.

That's the way I read it in the brochure as well but it seems slightly less likely than a dessert for snack swap. I'd love to be able to do what I said but definitely want to hear it from somebody first. If nothing else, I'll try it when we are down there near the end of Sept.

That's the way I read it in the brochure as well but it seems slightly less likely than a dessert for snack swap. I'd love to be able to do what I said but definitely want to hear it from somebody first. If nothing else, I'll try it when we are down there near the end of Sept.

I just talked with the food manager at Pop about the changes. I asked him about substitutions. He said to give him a scenario and he would tell me if I could do it. I told him I wanted an entree, a side of chili, and a soup used as one entree. He kind of hesitated and said, yeah that would be okay.

Honestly? I think you might get a different answer depending on who you ask. But more then likely, it sounds like you'll be able to substitute a drink and dessert for two sides. The cashiers may have to get approval from the managers first though.

Here now. Used one QS for 3 snacks (ice cream cookie sandwich, shake and double scoop cone) at FQ
Used one QS for 3 Starbucks drinks, all listed as a snack credit. Substituted fries for my dessert at Columbia Harbor House. I haven't been refused any change yet.

Im a bit confused on changing 1 QS to 3 snack items. Are you doing this once all your snack credits are depleted? Or do you just tell the cashier that you are using 1 QS credit to purchase the 3 snacks? Headed next month to F&W & would love to save our snack credits for the festival but Im sure my kids would still want mickey bars & dole whips in the other parks (so I would like to use 1 QS credit to purchase 3 mickey bars & save those snack credits for the F&W)

No, I didn't have to wait until the snack credits were gone before substituting. I just told the cashier that I wanted to use a qs credit for these 3 items when I got to the register. Back home today but we did substitute all over the place until the end of our trip. We even used a qs credit for 2 Plaza sundaes and a float yesterday at the MK ice cream parlor. We went to the Intermission food court (staying at ASMU) in the evening to use up our leftover credits since we had to leave before 6am this morning and we left with 25 snack items since we had 4 snack credits and 7 qs meal credits left (family of 6 with picky eaters...) :rolleyes1

And to reply to people wondering about double substitutions, especially at the food court with the refillable mug, yes, you can get 2 snacks with your entree instead of the drink /dessert combination. We did that a few times : meal with candy and chips, meal with cheetos and boxed cookies, meal with 2 chips, meal with 2 bottles of water for the parks later (only one bottle with breakfast though) :)

Last edited:
I substituted onion rings for a dessert at Flame Tree BBQ today. I wanted to substitute the drink for a side order of fries as well, but the cashier wouldn't let me. She said I could substitute the drink or the dessert but not both. Then she asked another cashier who agreed with her. So I asked if she would just punch in the ribs, the fries and the onion rings cause I was sure it would come off as one quick service meal, but she refused and said it wasn't allowed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter