"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

Very excited that my Halloween costume has shipped! Naturally I still have a lot to do though for it. But luckily the biggest part is out of the way. The rest should move much faster! Very excited!

Where, besides Etsy, can you find good quality costumes that don't cost a fortune? I've found some I like on Etsy, but they ship from China and have mixed reviews.

When our tickets came in the mail, they mentioned that children are encouraged to dress up. I wonder why it doesn't state that everyone is encouraged to do so?

When our tickets came in the mail, they mentioned that children are encouraged to dress up. I wonder why it doesn't state that everyone is encouraged to do so?
Because they don't want your kids to feel left out by not having them dress up. They put it in writing to make sure parents see it.

Where, besides Etsy, can you find good quality costumes that don't cost a fortune? I've found some I like on Etsy, but they ship from China and have mixed reviews.
I went through ebay and a China seller, but I really made sure to do my research on it. I made sure there were reviews from the exact item I bought to see that others had a good interaction and a good product. I've bought a lot from sellers in China, and really haven't had much of a problem. I think the main concern is knowing their sizing is a lot different than ours. So you really have to pay attention to their sizing charts. I just was told my dress shipped, so hopefully when I receive it, I can give a review as to how it's made and quality. Just know to order soon because China sellers take a decent amount of time in the mail. I always anticipate a month delivery.

Do they start giving out candy at 4, or do they wait until 7?

Until about 6:30 its a totally normal day at the MK. After that the Ghost Host starts announcing that day guests need to leave, and the HM CM's start appearing in make up. The candy lines will start shortly after 7.You will see people start to line up for Jack and Sally and the 7 Dwarves by 5 though, as early as right at 4pm on a sold out night, and people will hug curb space on Main Street starting between 4:30 and 5:00 for the 1st parade. It makes Main Street kind of hard to traverse, starting way before the party begins.

We loved MVMCP as Christmas is our favorite holiday.....but this will be our first MNNSHP. I think what will probably put us over the edge is the fact that this time of the year is also F&W. We had our pictures with the 7Dwarfs that year at the Christmas party and that became our Christmas Card for that year.....we did have pics taken with Jack Skellington at Disneyland a year ago but would love to have Jack and Sally together. We're two adults too (our kids are grown and have flown the coop)! At first I didn't think we would trick or treat but we do love candy so I think we will for just a bit this year.

Question....how do you know where the characters set up during the party?

You get a lot of info from the lovely people on this board! Also kenny the pirate has great reviews of the party and also lists where each character will be. I highly suggest you check his page out, I'm assuming he'll do one of this years party too, but obviously after the first one but the characters pretty much stay in the same places from year to year so last years should help. If you're interested in jack and sally, after you walk under the train station on the left hand side they are right there on the left. People were lining up pretty early for them. We got in line last year about 5 or 5:15, we weren't planning on that early but it started raining and the first part of the line is covered. By the time the party started there's was quite a line! We probably were out of the line by 7:10 or so. Have fun!

My favorite non-chocolate candy! And despite people telling me they have seen them in stores, I've never found them so I guess I'll just have to go to MNSSHP every year! It's a shame, really

I've found them at Target and Dollar Tree - but it could be a totally random, pixie dust thing. You better keep going, just in case...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter