"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

We have officially bought tickets for 9/22! Part of me really wants to extend our trip a day and do the party on 9/25 as well (we are supposed to leave Disney that day at 7pm). We leave the next morning at like 10am but I have to work that night and I'm worried I'll be a zombie.... OH decisions! Decisions!

I'm going as Wendy
Hubby is going as Peter Pan (no tights!) We are going the khaki shorts route with Peter Pan style top and hat. Stole the idea from the guy in the pic!
and DD is tinkerbell

6b608c589a9b24e35ab5ebde0df3ec82.jpg 1375087_10153296413490615_1287851328_n.jpg il_570xN.640951723_7oy5.jpg
and DD is tinkerbell

We have officially bought tickets for 9/22! Part of me really wants to extend our trip a day and do the party on 9/25 as well (we are supposed to leave Disney that day at 7pm). We leave the next morning at like 10am but I have to work that night and I'm worried I'll be a zombie.... OH decisions! Decisions!

I'm going as Wendy
Hubby is going as Peter Pan (no tights!) We are going the khaki shorts route with Peter Pan style top and hat. Stole the idea from the guy in the pic!
and DD is tinkerbell

View attachment 112631 View attachment 112632 View attachment 112633
and DD is tinkerbell

DBF and I are going that night too! As Peter Pan and Wendy!

I am so torn over costumes! From the standpoint of interactions with CMs and other guests, should we choose Disney character costumes? I'm torn between Giselle from Enchanted and historical costumes (like Showtime's Borgia series, 15th century Italian Renaissance).

Neither of my costumes were disney based, I hardly got any comments when I did my Rogue one, got tons of comments and a few picture requests when I did Elphaba.

I am so torn over costumes! From the standpoint of interactions with CMs and other guests, should we choose Disney character costumes? I'm torn between Giselle from Enchanted and historical costumes (like Showtime's Borgia series, 15th century Italian Renaissance).

I think it'll depend on how easily you're recognized, mostly. I'm doing a Disney costume, but I think if you went as something that's super easy to recognize, you'd see more comments. I'm not sure though, since I've never done it. But that's always my experience with just trick or treating as an adult with my nephews!

Our Gravity Falls year, barely anyone knew who we were, and it was a Disney Channel show. We still had a blast, though, so wear whatever you want. There are tons of non Disney costumes at MNSSHP. :)

Same name as using now, going Oct 4 party. I wasn't sure about costumes when put name on list, still figuring them out. But good thing is my DD has agreed to wear one, yay!! Lol I told her no costume nooooo party!

So excited for MNSSHP this year. We are planning on the Friday Oct. 9 party.

Will be going with DH, DD(9), DD(5) and my mom, dad, brother, SIL, and DN(2)

My immediate family is planning on Inside Out - I will be Sadness, DH will be Anger, DD(5) will be Joy and DD(9) will be disgust. We will all do facepaint - although I am kind of concerned about that in the possible heat. I am looking for a short-sleeved or sleeveless white turtleneck thing for sadness. Anger will be pretty easy, and am hoping that when halloween costumes come out there will be a decent joy and disgust costume. I found two online, but they look kind of chintzy, and would like something a little better quality. However, I have little sewing ability, so I figure I will have to buy something. If I could find a green and yellow sundresses that would work, I could do that.

We currently have a trip booked in early September, but we're contemplating moving it back so we can attend MNSSHP. We are just 2 adults, no kids. Those of you that have attended the party before, would that be worth it? We did the Christmas party once and we weren't exactly blown away-- but we've heard some good things about MNSSHP. How would you say the two compare? (Other than obviously being two different holidays and parties. :) Also, does everyone trick-or-treat or just the kids? What would you say are the best parts? What makes it "worth it" to you and your family? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Anyone?!? Thoughts on how Rider Swap works during the party? With the FP lines closed I'm curious if they even do rider swap at all.

We currently have a trip booked in early September, but we're contemplating moving it back so we can attend MNSSHP. We are just 2 adults, no kids. Those of you that have attended the party before, would that be worth it? We did the Christmas party once and we weren't exactly blown away-- but we've heard some good things about MNSSHP. How would you say the two compare? (Other than obviously being two different holidays and parties. :) Also, does everyone trick-or-treat or just the kids? What would you say are the best parts? What makes it "worth it" to you and your family? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Pros-
Special characters or characters dressed up for the occasion.
Shorter lines for attractions
AMAZING parade and fireworks. THE best, really.
And those caramel apple Werthers at Pinocchios...

Adults definitely trick or treat too. And I went through the Pinocchio line at least three times for those Werthers last year. They're may favorite!

Haven't attended the Christmas Party so I can't really compare, but for me the ambiance and the special shows with characters you don't normally see made the party worth it. Is your family really into Halloween? Or is it something that just kind of passes by? I think if you can answer that then you'll have your answer in how much you'll enjoy MNSSHP. Also I went to the party before I had had any children and my DH and I definitely trick or treated!

Thanks so much! That's helpful.. I'm glad to know we wouldn't be the only "big kids" trick-or-treating. I'm open to any more advice! Thanks, all!

Our MNSSHP party tickets came in the mail yesterday! Yay! Do I have to have them with me, or can I just use my MB? We have APs, so I'm not worried about it pulling off an extra day or anything.
We have been pouring over costume ideas and still haven't come up with anything! Right now it looks like DD15 and I may be superheros in tutus while DH is a regular superhero, but I'm not completely sold on the idea yet.

My wife and I extended our September trip so we could attend the Halloween party. If you can do it, I say go for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter