"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

I can't recall who asked originally but I saw 2 "coveted" items last night:

1) Pumpkin spice waffle is available at Sleepy Hollow. CM at 4pm said he'd seen them this week every day after 4pm but wasn't sure if they were going to be (or supposed to be) just on party days. When we went to buy 1 at 8pm, a second CM didn't know of their existence...he had to ask when we insisted they should be there (barring having used all the batter for a day).

2) Vampire Mickey popcorn containers are $12. Saw them just at 1 location nearest the hub on the right, as you head towards Fantasyland. Not sure if they are at other locations. Saw people on 2 different party nights with the Zero popcorn containers, but since I wasn't specifically looking for them, am not sure which stations have those.

We got the Vampire Mickey popcorn container at the refreshment booth at the Fantasmic Show.

awesome for you guys its great to be their in costume. They JUST changed their menu though so you may wanna take a look before you go.
I don't know by just if you mean in the last few days, but when we ate there for lunch on one of our MNSSHP days last week, we thought the food was much better than it had been the year before (and they had a new menu that visit too). Seems like they had several menu changes at WDW places in the last couple of weeks. As I posted above, when we ate at Pinnochio's during MNSSHP, it had some different items than posted on the menu on this website, the WDW website or Allears. Also, we ate dinner at 1900 Park Fare last Thursday, and were told when we were seated that there was a new chef and the items on the buffet had changed significantly in the 2 to 3 days before our visit. Fine for DH or anyone that likes seafood as it seemed to be heavy on seafood now, but not good for me as pretty much everything that I usually get there was gone and I hate seafood. (FYI- the Strawberry Soup is still there so don't panic.).

I went back on October 1st and they had said it just changed. Yep quite a lot, was sad to see pecos bills no longer had thier awesome make your own nachos and was sad to see CRT no longer having the bbq shrimp/grits.

Hmm.. Where can I see the new CRT menu..? The one I can find seems to have been around awhile (we are doing breakfast)

i wasn't sure how strict the rules were regarding costumes as I'm not a child, and id be entering in costume before the party officially started
We entered wearing costumes at around 2 pm. No problem at all. My DH was Kristoff, my DD was Elsa and I was Anna. We got a good spot for the FoF and Anna saw us, waved and tapped Elsa so she could also see and wave at us. my DD loved it! Was great being in costume early!

We just got back. We went to the Friday, Oct 9th party. It was sold out. Saw CMs actively checking bands around the park during the first 45 minutes or so. Lines for rides were short. Even Haunted Mansion was 10 minutes at 7 pm.

We had a blast. The kids wanted to do tot, which I thought was silly, but once we were there with the costumes, we had such a good time going around the park getting candy. We got a ton. So, my recommendation is to do what sounds fun to your family.

Saw the parade from where it started, sitting by Pecos Bill on the floor. Sat there at around 8 pm. We were technically not on the route, but because they leave the walkways open, we had a good view.

Hocus Pocus 9:20 show was very, very busy. We sat in about the 4th row, but there were so many people, I decided to move back, to see if I could get a little more breathing room. It was really packed and only got worse. I could not see and the kids could not see either. 10:40 show was much less crowded. Kids did not want to see it, DH took them to Space Mountain. I was able to get a good spot about half-way through the show behind a big stroller. My recommendation is to plan for the 10:40 show.

We were near Casey's for Hallowishes and it was spectacular. It was the best part of the evening.

All in all this is what we did:
4:15 - got party bands at Philharmagic (we had entered park at 2 pm with our day ticket; no line)
4:20 - dinner
5:50 - mine train FP+
6:20 - SOTMK cards and played around a couple of rounds.
7 pm - ToT in Liberty Square
7:10 - Haunted Mansion; watched Madame Carlota on the exit for about 5 mins
7:35 - More ToT - Jungle Cruise area, Tiki Room, Splash tot areas
8:00 - lined up for parade.
8:30 - headless Horseman
8:35 - parade in Frontierland
8:50 - BTMRR
9:00 - 9:30 - Tried to watch Hocus Pocus
9:30 - walked back towards Casey's and grabbed spot for celebrate magic and Hallowishes
9:45 - Celebrate the Magic (as far as I could tell same as the one for regular Wishes)
10 - HalloWishes
10:15 - More ToT / Monsters party
10:40 - Kids and DH to Space Mtn, me back to Hocus Pocus
10:45 - Hocus Pocus
11:00 ish - left park

Last edited:
Has anyone had their kids in a Jedi costume, and brought in a light saber? (or have you seen others with them?) I imagine we'd hold it or have it in a back pack most of the night, but would be great for the photo opps. Just want to make sure it's allowed.

We have never done tot before but we plan to this year. Is it acceptable to go through a line more than once if its not back to back?

Yeah, they were putting popcorn in the Cinderella Coach one but not the Mickey Vampire. Not sure what the difference was, but I was happy with it coming that way. The popcorn on the side made it easier as I did not have to clean it before putting it in my suitcase.
Very wise! We got the Zero bucket, and in the dark I didn't realize it still had popcorn left in it when I put it in our shopping bag of new tshirts! Which then went into a suitcase...so I got to clean up popcorn and wash new shirts when we unpacked!

Has anyone had their kids in a Jedi costume, and brought in a light saber? (or have you seen others with them?) I imagine we'd hold it or have it in a back pack most of the night, but would be great for the photo opps. Just want to make sure it's allowed.
Yep totally allowed!

We are here now and so I haven't been keeping up with this thread since last Friday, but in case it hasn't been mentioned.....we easily exchanged our paper MNSSHP tix for hard plastic RFID enabled cards at Disney Springs yesterday. It took the very helpful CM about 2 minutes to complete (and she was able to put the tix for both our parties on one card each).

Our first party was last night and we had a great time! Lots of people but a ton of fun. They opened the gates at 3:42 pm to a huge cheer from the crowd, so we got tons of park time. Saw some amazing costumes!

I don't believe it will be an issue. They sell them in HS, so I'd wager it wouldn't be frowned upon.

Well it's official, I bought tickets for the 10/27 MNSSHP!! My sister and her boyfriend and I are flying down just for the day because we found some insanely cheap flights. None of us have ever done the Halloween party and my sister's BF has never been to Disney at all, so having just one day we want to fit in as much as we possibly can.

I'm slowly getting through this thread and thanks to everyone who is sharing their experiences! When I did MVMCP 2 years ago I found a general guideline about which order to do the shows in that would allow one to fit in all the shows and at times they were less crowded. Tips like ride the rides during the first parade (which worked out so incredibly well) and doing the last show at the castle. I haven't seen anything quite like that here yet so I'm wondering if there is a standard "best way" to do this party.

So far it sounds like the Hocus Pocus show is less busy at the last show of the day? This is our absolutely top priority for this trip. We also want to be sure to catch the fireworks and the parade. I'm not entirely clear yet on which characters are there, but my sister is interested in Jack and Sally and I'm very interested in Captain Jack Sparrow if he is there. Are there any other can't miss attractions? The Villian mix looks interesting, but not sure the dance one I'd bother with. Is the second parade time less crowded? I definitely found that to be true at the Christmas party.

Any suggestions on the best way to time these things out? And do the parties always run on the same schedule?

I'm going to keep reading as well, but if anyone can answer any of these questions it would be a huge help.

TIA!

Well it's official, I bought tickets for the 10/27 MNSSHP!! My sister and her boyfriend and I are flying down just for the day because we found some insanely cheap flights. None of us have ever done the Halloween party and my sister's BF has never been to Disney at all, so having just one day we want to fit in as much as we possibly can.

I'm slowly getting through this thread and thanks to everyone who is sharing their experiences! When I did MVMCP 2 years ago I found a general guideline about which order to do the shows in that would allow one to fit in all the shows and at times they were less crowded. Tips like ride the rides during the first parade (which worked out so incredibly well) and doing the last show at the castle. I haven't seen anything quite like that here yet so I'm wondering if there is a standard "best way" to do this party.

So far it sounds like the Hocus Pocus show is less busy at the last show of the day? This is our absolutely top priority for this trip. We also want to be sure to catch the fireworks and the parade. I'm not entirely clear yet on which characters are there, but my sister is interested in Jack and Sally and I'm very interested in Captain Jack Sparrow if he is there. Are there any other can't miss attractions? The Villian mix looks interesting, but not sure the dance one I'd bother with. Is the second parade time less crowded? I definitely found that to be true at the Christmas party.

Any suggestions on the best way to time these things out? And do the parties always run on the same schedule?

I'm going to keep reading as well, but if anyone can answer any of these questions it would be a huge help.

TIA!
Based on what we saw, the first parade will draw many people, so anything else during that time will be much less crowded. We jumped on BTMRR right after the parade passed and it was basically a walk-on. Later Hocus Pocus shows will be less crowded. I didn't stay up for the last one, but the 10:40 was less crowded than the previous ones. No Villain party this year because the Diamond Horseshoe is getting refurbished. Jafar meets in Adventureland (closest thing to the Villain Mix) and his line did not look long. Also, we walked through Main Street on our way out of the park at about 11:05-11:10 and there were still rope spots for the second parade at the end of main street (near the exit). Much, much less crowded than the first parade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter