Official 2015 Disneyland Half Marathon Thread.

I did my 10km yesterday, 55:30. It was about 4 minutes off what i'm capable of, but not bad for 11 days after surgery!

Another think with calcium supplements, you can't take them with other medications because they interfere with absorption.

I did not know about spinach and slowing bone healing, i'll have to look into that. I eat a LOT of spinach.

I did my 10km yesterday, 55:30. It was about 4 minutes off what i'm capable of, but not bad for 11 days after surgery!

Congrats on a successful 10k. Especially so soon after surgery.

Hope everybody has had a good Spring of running and submitted your POT. Deadline is just about here.

Hope everybody has had a good Spring of running and submitted your POT. Deadline is just about here.

This!

Was supposed to run my last PoT race this past Saturday, but the unbelievable amounts of rain and flooding postponed it until the 13th, so that's a no-go for DLH for me. I'm fine with my current time, even though it's not as "fast" as I would like, I have bigger goals on the horizon to work towards. Hopefully, my finish at DLH will be better than my expected time after I put in all the work!

And hopefully, I can shave off some more minutes in anticipation of Wine & Dine.

Another think with calcium supplements, you can't take them with other medications because they interfere with absorption.

I did not know about spinach and slowing bone healing, i'll have to look into that. I eat a LOT of spinach.

Wow that's an amazing time! Good for you :cheer2:

Last night I submiitted DH's new and improved POT from our weekend 10k. He now has an estimated time of 2:28 for the half to go with my 2:45. Although I stuck with my original POT, I was pretty happy with my official time (1:15:14) from the 10k on the weekend given I didn't do any specific training for it - was still my second best time!

I'll be interested to see how they do corrals! The Half last year went out to letter J last year with 12,400 entrants. Tinkerbell went to letter H this year with 11,034.

I know it all depends on how many people qualify at certain times, but it will certainly be interesting!

7Ijo3NsHJZ3ft_qYjTQD57uBMz4Wcy4OT0ozgSf9a2ty=w616-h911-no

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the pics, completely missed them w/ all the SW stuff this morning. As if I couldn't be more excited for this weekend, this makes me that much more! :love:

Is it too early for costume talk/help? My plan for the 5k is DL 60th. Wearing the ears I made for the celebration stuff last weekend and am making my shirt. I found a cool design for the front and on the back, I was printed out all the ride posters to iron on to the shirt as well. They're about 1½-2 inches by 3 inches. I printed all of them up through the 80s. My question (opinions needed) is, is it too much to have all the posters on the shirt? There's about 40 of them, but they're small. I'm not tiny so I think there'd be enough room, it'd be on an XL shirt if that helps.

OMG thanks for sharing those banners! Classic Disney characters for the 5k are perfect :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing the pics, completely missed them w/ all the SW stuff this morning. As if I couldn't be more excited for this weekend, this makes me that much more! :love:

Is it too early for costume talk/help? My plan for the 5k is DL 60th. Wearing the ears I made for the celebration stuff last weekend and am making my shirt. I found a cool design for the front and on the back, I was printed out all the ride posters to iron on to the shirt as well. They're about 1½-2 inches by 3 inches. I printed all of them up through the 80s. My question (opinions needed) is, is it too much to have all the posters on the shirt? There's about 40 of them, but they're small. I'm not tiny so I think there'd be enough room, it'd be on an XL shirt if that helps.

I actually asked for help with my costume a couple of days ago, but I don't think anyone noticed lol!

Personally I would pick out maybe your favourite poster from each land and make them a bit bigger. People might not notice what they are if they're too small. If it's more for you though and you don't mind if people don't notice, then by all means include them all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter