Official 2015 Disneyland Half Marathon Thread.

So ... I called runDisney again today, this time saying I needed the plans so I could put them in my calendar.

"Oh, well, that should just take a couple of minutes when they eventually come out, right?" said the gal on the phone.

#FacePalm

So ... I called runDisney again today, this time saying I needed the plans so I could put them in my calendar.

"Oh, well, that should just take a couple of minutes when they eventually come out, right?" said the gal on the phone.

#FacePalm
:headache:

I even go to the root database and there's not even a folder for it, so they haven't even uploaded them to potentially go on the site yet.

I'm about to start Tweeting to Galloway because this is just ridiculous!!!

#RunDisneyProblems

I even go to the root database and there's not even a folder for it, so they haven't even uploaded them to potentially go on the site yet.

I'm about to start Tweeting to Galloway because this is just ridiculous!!!

#RunDisneyProblems
Yeah, I was thinking that it just must not be uploaded yet and that you, if anyone, would have the database knowledge to figure it out if it was. There's another member here (here on Disboards I mean, hasn't posted in this thread I don't think) that normally finds the links to waivers and things before they're posted, but I won't tag him/her in case they want to remain anonymous. :)

It used to be easier to find this stuff through the root directory but they seem to have figured out that people have cracked that code, and therefor have locked that down recently. Woof.

Yep. Done three of them. Lots of fun. Thinking about doing one?

Yes! We are working on getting a team together but not sure we can find 12 people...there's no way I'm doing an Ultra team. Do you have any tips or tricks? I've seen where some teams were able to get sponsors. Did you do this? Where do you even start with getting sponsors?

Of the guys we run with suggested we all do one (there are 10 of us), but it just seems really intimidating to me right now ...

Wanna come run with us @Keels ? lol

It seems like a lot of fun, if done with the right people. Some of the legs aren't too lengthy. I feel like since I finished Dopey, I can tackle Ragnar. We have 6 people committed as of right now. I'm realizing that I don't have many friends that run or enjoy fitness in general.

Yes! We are working on getting a team together but not sure we can find 12 people...there's no way I'm doing an Ultra team. Do you have any tips or tricks? I've seen where some teams were able to get sponsors. Did you do this? Where do you even start with getting sponsors?

Which one are you thinking about doing? We didn't have sponsors but we didn't really look for one either. Our first run was just a bunch of people that kind of new each other. I know of some people that have run for Nuun or something else that I can't think of right now. Guess you could check with some running companies or something like that. Maybe smaller ones? You can also go to the Facebook page for each race and post that you are looking for runners if you don't mind strangers. Usually always people looking for teams. And I'll just throw out there if you need someone, let me know. I'm always looking to do another Ragnar and might be able to find a couple people.

Wanna come run with us @Keels ? lol

It seems like a lot of fun, if done with the right people. Some of the legs aren't too lengthy. I feel like since I finished Dopey, I can tackle Ragnar. We have 6 people committed as of right now. I'm realizing that I don't have many friends that run or enjoy fitness in general.

Ha! I'm sure it would be fun - I told our crew I'd think about it after Dopey. There are six gals and four guys of us that train together or run races together (they all ran that first half with me, and then a couple ran the second half with me last weekend), so we'd be close to the 12-person team.

Hold up. Wait. Is camping involved? Cuz then I'm totes out ...

Ha! I'm sure it would be fun - I told our crew I'd think about it after Dopey. There are six gals and four guys of us that train together or run races together (they all ran that first half with me, and then a couple ran the second half with me last weekend), so we'd be close to the 12-person team.

Hold up. Wait. Is camping involved? Cuz then I'm totes out ...

For the regular Ragnars there isn't any camping unless you want to sleep outside when your van isn't running. Trail Ragnars there is camping.

It's the most fun I've had running. You just do it for fun and to have a good time. No pressure for time or anything.

Team RunDisney. There's a sponsor!

Which one are you thinking about doing? We didn't have sponsors but we didn't really look for one either. Our first run was just a bunch of people that kind of new each other. I know of some people that have run for Nuun or something else that I can't think of right now. Guess you could check with some running companies or something like that. Maybe smaller ones? You can also go to the Facebook page for each race and post that you are looking for runners if you don't mind strangers. Usually always people looking for teams. And I'll just throw out there if you need someone, let me know. I'm always looking to do another Ragnar and might be able to find a couple people.

We are looking at Tennesse: Chattanooga to Nashville. I'll keep you in mind if some of our potentials don't pan out. I've seen where other 6 person teams will pair up with another 6 person team. We may go that route. We only have 2 girls right now though.

We are looking at Tennesse: Chattanooga to Nashville. I'll keep you in mind if some of our potentials don't pan out. I've seen where other 6 person teams will pair up with another 6 person team. We may go that route. We only have 2 girls right now though.

Cool. I drove one of the vans for that one last year. Pretty nice route. Couple decent hills and a nice finish line in Nashville. Have fun if you get to do it.

Had to post this. One of my BFFs and I sent in fabric in February to get matching custom SparkleSkirts made. I found the fabric and she came up with adding the polka dot waistband. Her skirt arrived today (picture below)...I have others coming with mine so I'm not sure when mine will come, but I'm so excited to see the finished product! I'm sure we'll end up wearing them for one of the Disneyland races. :)

We call it DaisyDoodlesAndDots :lovestruc
image.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter