OFFICIAL 2014 WDW Marathon Countdown: WE DID IT! Congrats everyone!

I'm in! Never run an official race before but I've been training for some 5Ks this spring and summer and will do a Turkey Trot 10K in November. My sister is also training and is coming with me! We will both be running the half. Very exciting!

I'm in. Disney will be my winter A race next year so I'm shooting for a PR.

We're renting DVC points for our stay and we put in our reservation in less than two weeks...Already time to start planning!

So the hubby has said we can stay at a monorail resort for Goofy in 2014!!!! Now to decide which one!! Im leaning towards the Contemporary.....any thoughts???

So the hubby has said we can stay at a monorail resort for Goofy in 2014!!!! Now to decide which one!! Im leaning towards the Contemporary.....any thoughts???
Are you staying for the whole weekend? If so, I would look at renting points at Bay Lake Tower. You can google renting points at BLT and you should find plenty of info.

It is probably the best value if you plan to stay on the monorail. Bay Lake Tower is a Disney Vacation Club Resort, but you can rent points from current DVC owners that can't use them. That's where we normally stay and it is connected to the contemporary hotel so quick access to the monorail. BLT owners can begin to make reservations for Jan 8 2014 on Jan 8 2013 and the studios go quick...

It's a fantastic place to stay for the races! Riding the monorails over to Epcot and flying over the traffic backup is sooooo easy. :cool1:

As a DVC member, I think the BLT is a nice place. However, for the marathon I would actually lean towards the Poly. It takes the resort loop out of play on race morning and the return since you can simply walk to the TTC from the resort.

Just my 2 cents

As a DVC member, I think the BLT is a nice place. However, for the marathon I would actually lean towards the Poly. It takes the resort loop out of play on race morning and the return since you can simply walk to the TTC from the resort.

Just my 2 cents

Agreed with the Poly. One mono rail ride is the best transportation option on property. Request a building half way in between the main lodge and the TTC and it is a 5 minute or less walk to either monorail.
That being, I am in for BLT this coming year because we have 5 and the one bedrooms are much bigger, and cheaper if you can rent the points cheaply, which I have already. But you can't book there until 11months out.

Just my 2 cents

If we stay at the contemporary(husbands top pick) how much longer do you think it would take by monorail? Also I see you are perfectly goofy!!! First WOW, second any advice for someone who is attempting their first Goofy?

camandjacksmom said:
If we stay at the contemporary(husbands top pick) how much longer do you think it would take by monorail? Also I see you are perfectly goofy!!! First WOW, second any advice for someone who is attempting their first Goofy?

Wife and I stayed at Contemporary this year and ran the half. We got on monorail a little before 4:00am and had no issues getting to the start on time. On the way back we had very little wait at each station. I'm planning to stay there again next January. May also be doing first Goofy (first full too)

On Saturday (Half Marathon) and Sunday (Marathon), the monorails run every 3-4 mins from the Contemporary. Since TTC is the first stop from the Contemporary it is only a min or two ride. So, worst case, it might save you a couple mins or so difference if you walk from the Poly. The real benefit is not having to take two monorails and the time savings on the return.

On the return it will probably save you 15 mins or so because the monorail will stop at the Poly, GF and MK before getting back to the Contemporary.

hey folks,

Looking at the rundisney site, it says the goofy is sold out.

Is that for 2014 or 2013?

A bug?

If you look under the registration tab you can sign up to be notified by email when registration opens. Last year it opened in April!

If you look under the registration tab you can sign up to be notified by email when registration opens. Last year it opened in April!

So the full counter is a bug?

Also, which credit card gives you an early registration link? Do you have to do anything special to get it?

Thanks!

So the full counter is a bug?

Also, which credit card gives you an early registration link? Do you have to do anything special to get it?

Thanks!

I would assume it was a bug. I looked on there just now and its gone. I have the disney visa and they sent us and email last time but I dont know if it got us early registration or not!

We have a date for registration per the rundisney website!!!!!
Registration for the 2014 Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna will begin on April 9, 2013:banana:

LIST UPDATED as of 2/3/13!

(check out the LIST on my original post #1 of this thread. Please let me know if I missed anyone, or spelled your username wrong, etc.)

Wow, 88 of us so far!! Would make one heck of a great picture / meet!

Anyway, sorry so late in updating the list. Been having some medical problems, and my doctors say I can't run right now because of injuries. In any case, I still plan on being there and walking the Goofy if I have to!

also, got permission from moderator TigerLily 03, we're OFFICIAL! :cool1:

Just my 2 cents

Staying at the Poly was fantastic for Marathon W/E. My building was one of the closest ones to the TTC so just walked out the door both mornings and was right there. I was so nervous about being late the first morning I was the first person at the TTC. They were still cleaning the monorail when I got there. Plus I totally fell in love with the Poly. Beautiful resort with nice sized rooms.

camandjacksmom said:
We have a date for registration per the rundisney website!!!!!
Registration for the 2014 Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna will begin on April 9, 2013:banana:

Things just got real!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter