Official 2013 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Thread

Trying to figure out my outfit. Not really dressing up as character but have sparkle skirt. I'm used to dressing in long pants under skirt and a long sleeve shirt plus my coat as it is 30-40 for high and at least drizzle a lot.

How warm is it at 3 am in CA in January?

Leskash75 said:
Trying to figure out my outfit. Not really dressing up as character but have sparkle skirt. I'm used to dressing in long pants under skirt and a long sleeve shirt plus my coat as it is 30-40 for high and at least drizzle a lot.

I haven't started looking at the forecast yet, but last year I ran in compression capris and a short sleeved shirt. I wore home made arm warmers (that were actually knee socks) for the first few miles. I don't remember ever feeling too cold in that get-up.

Yesterday was projecting high 66 and low 44. Cloudy, no rain

I'll take it of it happens!

I'll probably wear throw away stuff at start. I'm a huge wimp so anything under 50 will be cold to me. But once I get started I should be fine in arm Warmers, short sleeve shirt, running skirt and compression socks.

We are getting so close! My husband and I arrive at LAX on Thursday evening. :cool1: I need to get my packing groove on. No costume for me, but I do have an old Tinkgreen running shirt I might wear. I did a training run in it and it worked out okay-no issues, I just don't like the shirt because the neck is so high.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for all who are suffering with colds and such. I am still having problems with my left leg and ankle and after a walk on the treadmill last night, I am leaning towards not doing anymore workouts and just getting to the starting line. That will be tough for me, but I think it is what I need to do.

Can anyone suggest a place to get a nice piece of grilled fish and some rice the night before the race? Off property is fine.

It's cold and we seem to be having a cold front moving in. It's still too soon to monitor race morning.

I'm packing a little of everything...thank goodness we are driving down the car is going to be full.:rotfl:

It'll probably be a little cold walking over and pre run, but for the race, I'm going in capris. For a top though, I'm bringing a long sleeve and a short sleeve w/ throw away tube socks as well. I also have some throw away gloves in case I need them. They have 2 pairs at Target on clearance for like $1.50 or so and in the $1 bins they might still have some of those disposable hand warmers packs. I'm bringing sweats to walk over and a garbage bag for in the corrals, b/c once you get running it'll warm up a little bit. And if I remember correctly, once we get out of the resort and the sun comes up, there's not much shade so the sun will be on you.

Can anyone suggest a place to get a nice piece of grilled fish and some rice the night before the race? Off property is fine.

I'm not a fish person, but you could check out the menu for ESPN Zone in DTD and there are restaurants in the Garden Walk across from the resort. Never been so not sure about the menu, but there's a Bubba Gump's and a steak house there.

It's cold and we seem to be having a cold front moving in. It's still too soon to monitor race morning.

Soooo cold!!! This morning was perfect, but this week...brrrrr and I hvae one last run tomorrow. And it's in DL this weekend, I looked at Sunday and their low is 35 or 36. I've never seen it that cold down there before.

I wanted to build a costume up for this race, but holy COW it has surely snuck up on us! Guess I will save my tutu making for the Princess half, and maybe just pick up a skirt at the expo... I've been falling in love more and more with those sparkle skirts :love:. I'll take any excuse to go shopping.. I'm terrible!

I am feeling way under prepared for this race. I really wanted to finish in 2:15:00 but that goal is seeming a bit unachievable at this point. I've missed so many long runs! I'm blaming the holidays and getting sick a few weeks back :(.

I'm really looking forward to meeting the girls who are joining in for the dinner!! It'll be fun to get to know ya'll better and see friendly faces in the crowd :yay:. A little over a week away! Woo hoo!

you guys! check out runDisney's latest FB post!!!! I MUST HAVE A PAIR OF THOSE!!!!!

Seems like everyone is as excited as me for the upcoming Tink:cool1:

I am costuming up, not going as tink but will be in fairy attire, wings and all. Also, for all my Disney runs, I dedicate them to my mom who was a huge Dis fan (especially Donald) and wear something for her - usually about finding a cure for some sort of cancer.

She had a cancer of unknown origin that spread to all of her bones. The first year she passed, I ran my first runDisney event, yep the Donald Half in DW.

As for the weather, 44 degrees is warmer than anything I have been running in the last 2 weeks. Yesterday it was 41 when I got to do my run but the forecast says it will be in the low 50s this weekend - I might cramp up from it being so hot.

I have been visualizing my run, twice now, and cannot decide how I will be running it. I am leaning towards running very easy, wearing a video camera and hoping to get some shots with the sun up. I ran in DW with a camera and started in an early corral so most of the run was in the dark - not the best for video taping. I also am hoping to get pics with some characters during the run. I got an awesome shot with Phineas and Ferb in DW.

Well keep on training and wash your hands to keep the flu away.

Soooo cold!!! This morning was perfect, but this week...brrrrr and I hvae one last run tomorrow. And it's in DL this weekend, I looked at Sunday and their low is 35 or 36. I've never seen it that cold down there before.

I know !!!!! I don't remember last year being this bad. It's just too cold for me. At least you're heading out to sunny FL. I hope that Anaheim will start to warm up for us.

Have a fun trip.:thumbsup2

you guys! check out runDisney's latest FB post!!!! I MUST HAVE A PAIR OF THOSE!!!!!

I saw those last night too! My fb post was "MUST. HAVE. THESE." A friend of mine's response was "for one meeeee-illion dollars". Sadly, she's probably right.

I saw those last night too! My fb post was "MUST. HAVE. THESE." A friend of mine's response was "for one meeeee-illion dollars". Sadly, she's probably right.

BF and I were trying to guess...I think they'll be around $175! The WDW Marathon expo is open, so surely someone has posted about it somewhere! I'm going on the hunt...

BF and I were trying to guess...I think they'll be around $175! The WDW Marathon expo is open, so surely someone has posted about it somewhere! I'm going on the hunt...

That wouldn't be horrible. I was planning to buy a new pair of Mizunos before the Princess, but after seeing these decided to hold out in the off chance that they will have some at the Tink Expo next week. But since they are stability shoes, they probably won't work for me anyway -- I'm a neutral:(

Well...on the WISH FB page it says the shoes were $125 and were gone in a matter of minutes. Bummer. I can deal with the $125 but won't be at Tink or the Princess expo early enough if they are going that fast. I guess there's always ebay...I'm sure they'll be there soon. :(

That wouldn't be horrible. I was planning to buy a new pair of Mizunos before the Princess, but after seeing these decided to hold out in the off chance that they will have some at the Tink Expo next week. But since they are stability shoes, they probably won't work for me anyway -- I'm a neutral:(

Yeah, I'm in neutral shoes too, but figured I'd just wear these around the parks because they are so darn cute!

From twitter:

runDisney @runDisney

Can't make it to #WDWMarathon Expo? Limited edition @NewBalance shoes available at future expos, special events, pop up shops at #ESPNWWOS

From twitter:

runDisney @runDisney

Can't make it to #WDWMarathon Expo? Limited edition @NewBalance shoes available at future expos, special events, pop up shops at #ESPNWWOS

Crap...guess I need to get a Twitter account...solely for following runDisney!

First pair of runDisney New Balance is on ebay...for the bargain price of $399. unreal.

I know !!!!! I don't remember last year being this bad. It's just too cold for me. At least you're heading out to sunny FL. I hope that Anaheim will start to warm up for us.

Have a fun trip.:thumbsup2

Thanks! Although checking out the weather... cold might be better. Race time Sat. is 63 and mostly cloudy which would be nice, but the humidity is 97%. :scared1: Little worried about that part. It wasn't even that bad for the Honolulu race last year.

If I don't get a chance to get back on before you drive down, have a safe drive. Hopefully the traffic won't be bad!

First pair of runDisney New Balance is on ebay...for the bargain price of $399. unreal.

That is insane. It's like the Tink D & B bags last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!