Official 2013 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Thread

Discussion in 'Events/Competition' started by CALIFLADY, Mar 22, 2012.

1. freepixie

freepixie <font color=deeppink>Tanoshi<br><font color=green>

Hello folks! I haven't read through everything on here, but just a quick question!! When did the registration open up for the Tink this year?? I am planning to do Tink in 2014 and I would like a general idea of when to register :) Thanks!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. rosermama

rosermama DIS Veteran

I think it was like May or June but in the Spring there will be a place to sign up to receive emails about when the registration will open.

4. longhorns2

longhorns2 DIS Veteran

Opened June 12 sold out July 12

5. freepixie

freepixie <font color=deeppink>Tanoshi<br><font color=green>

:thumbsup2 Thank you so much! I know the DL races sell out quicker, so I want to make sure I jump in on it ASAP ;) See you all in 2014!!

6. calihannah

calihannah Mouseketeer

This is a super helpful idea -- thank you! We're practically neighbors, btw -- I live on the Peninsula :)

7. longhorns2

longhorns2 DIS Veteran

8. Reep

Reep Mouseketeer

9. niclodn

niclodn Mouseketeer

Thansk! But Holy Moley! That map is crude!

Anybody have any idea which bib #'s are in which corrals?

10. Reep

Reep Mouseketeer

It looks like we get to run through downtown Disney again. I haven't done that since the early DL halfs. Too bad they don't come back into the parks again, but at least we get to run through the parks in the dark with the lights on. It is very pretty.

I'm Bib 4081--got demoted because I'm a dude. Doesn't really matter since I'm running it with my wife, and that should easily get me into her corral.

11. Cripey

Cripey DIS Veteran

Waivers and an email about my race skirt from the lady that's making it all in the same day! Can't wait til they post the corral breakdown...my number is higher than last year and I submitted a better time...they must have really increased the cap this time around!

12. Tiger Lily 03

Tiger Lily 03 Moderator W.I.S.H. Moderator

Oooh! I bet this makes everything more real!

13. Cripey

Cripey DIS Veteran

Earlier this year they started posting corral breakdowns on the race website...sometime around when waivers were released...so I'm assuming (and hoping!) they'll do the same soon for us! Just keep checking the race website...I want to say it has been posted in the same section of the website where the waiver link will be...maybe a little further down the page. I'm sure someone will post it here too when it's available!

14. niclodn

niclodn Mouseketeer

Thanks! I'm very excited to see where I'm at:)

15. Reep

Reep Mouseketeer

16. longhorns2

longhorns2 DIS Veteran

17. MinnieDiva

MinnieDiva Obsessive Trip Planner

2950!! my daughter is 119 and husband 132 for the 5k

18. Cripey

Cripey DIS Veteran

A little off-topic but I just read that in 2014 there is a 10k option for the DL half weekend!!!! AND something called a Dumbo Double Dare...10k saturday and half on sunday and you get an extra medal for it...kind of like the Goofy challenge, only not the insane mileage! Pretty cool! I'll repost this on the PHM thread too...:thumbsup2

19. Reep

Reep Mouseketeer

Yeah, I saw that in your earlier post and tried to use it. I think I'm pretty close. The only part I'm confused on is the loop around mile 4. I'm good past roundhouse road, but the return looks like it would have to go through Toon Town, which would make you have runners going both ways just south of Small World. Possible, but a bit congested maybe.

20. Reep

Reep Mouseketeer

I'm happy and perplexed at the same time. I'm legacy for the half and want to continue that. I also like to race the half and made age group 4/6 years. If they put a 10k the day before, and I want to go legacy on that too, then it doubles my cost every year, and compromises my chances of winning age group (because of the extra mileage the day before). I'm sure I will run it this year just to be in the inaugural race, but after that I'll have to see.

21. speshlist

speshlist Earning My Ears

wow, my number is also higher! MUCH higher- about 17,000 higher! I wonder if it is a mistake?? I absolutely submitted a time correctly... maybe I will have to bring a proof of time just in case?