Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread - Take 2

Discussion in 'Events/Competition' started by MoonFaerie, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunnygal041

sunnygal041 DIS Veteran

I live in SE Fla. and they can't predict the weather here from day to day! Right now, it is 80

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. charwinter

charwinter Earning My Ears

Had my gallbladder removed a couple of weeks ago. Already registered for the princess and can't get a refund. Not sure if my body will be ready to do 13.1 I have no idea what to do. Besides the fact that it would be a total waste of my $$

Thoughts on what I should do!? Pros vs cons?

Also does anyone know how to get in touch with someone at run Disney? Left a message, emailed and tried calling again. So frustrated. I just need to change the email address my correspondence is being sent to.

4. thedonduck

thedonduck DIS Veteran

So we went 7 miles today! I'm proud that I finished, but now I am super worried about finishing without being swept! We made it with a 13min pace, but I was definitely dying by the time we got home. I am panicking that there is no way I can finish.

Any suggestions, tips, thoughts?

5. AnotherPrincess

AnotherPrincess DIS Veteran

First I'll say that I'm not an advocate of"banking" time. That being said, if you can maintain 13 mm for 7 like like you've already done, you've technically "banked" 21 minutes. So for the last 6 miles you would just have to maintain 19:30 minute miles, a slow walking pace. You got this!

6. Gryhndmom

Gryhndmom Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

I agree with the previous gal who mentioned "banking" time...if you have a cushion built up you could relax a little on the last few.

Also....why not try a 14 or 15 min mile ? Maybe a little slower pace would give you more energy to finish the rest. One of the first things our running coach told us was to start out at a comfortable pace...you can always speed up if you feel better.

7. dismikki

dismikki Mouseketeer

I deferred this race last year because of an injury. I used the contact us email on the run Disney page. That eventually got me to the right person. They do have a cutoff date, but I think it has some wiggle room. They were very nice. You get a special link to register for another race. Good luck!

8. TXAng

TXAng Mouseketeer

You are SO ready! That's fantastic!

Congrats on your 7 miler! I think you'll be fine for race day. Agree with earlier poster who suggested perhaps a slightly slower pace to start out with that won't leave you quite so fatigued by the end.

Oh, no! So sorry to hear that you had to have surgery. Sending some pixiedust: your way.

9. 3DisneyKids

3DisneyKids More Drink, Less Run...Since 2008

Hey Holly! I am doing the Princess this year (5th time!) and am in Southern Maine, too! Just saying hi!

10. sunnygal041

sunnygal041 DIS Veteran

Wowie! 5 times, that is awesome.

11. LoveMyMoos

LoveMyMoos Mouseketeer

I can't recommend the chiro enough. I swear, these days, mine is like my second husband. I normally go once every 4 weeks for regular maintenance. But with the race coming and the IT band/knee issues I've been having, I've been seeing him once a week. He is a miracle worker. Each Sunday, do my long run, hobble around on the bum knee after. See him Monday, I'm jumping around at Zumba on Monday night. I've had improvement with the problem as well, and aside from realizing I was in the wrong shoes, I think my adjustments and him working on my knee has helped too. Even though I see him weekly between now and the race, I am thinking I'm going to go in once more the morning of the day I leave for WDW. but yeah, I'm one of those chiropractic cures all people lol. Every time I go, my kids get adjusted as well.

12. Cripey

Cripey DIS Veteran

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to my appointment today....I expect to be doing back flips back to my car afterwards, lol :)

13. Cripey

Cripey DIS Veteran

Ok, so PHM will be my 5th half and I've yet to have any real nightmares about races...but last night I had a dream that waivers came out and I was in corral K...not only that, I was the only person in that corral, the very very VERY last person out there, hahahahaha!

14. saysay

saysay DIS Veteran

My race nightmares....always about bathrooms. :rotfl2:

15. longhorns2

longhorns2 Mother runner blogger with a #DisneySide

My race nightmares are always weird and meandering. They never make sense. But I figure I gotta have at least one!

16. bellanotte10

bellanotte10 Now bring me that horizon

Mine involve my friends suddenly deciding they don't want to run with me and run off leaving me behind and/or we've missed the race completely

My friends was that we got lost on the course and two unhelpful volunteers tell us the wrong route back

17. Bookwood

Bookwood DIS Veteran

This one made me laugh, Princess will be my 15th half, and one full under my belt I've only used the restroom on the course twice. I think I sweat (oh I mean glisten) so much that a rest room isn't necessary.

18. PrincessV

PrincessV DIS Veteran

::yes:: I'm in the Tampa Bay area - we're expecting 80+ today and low 40s tomorrow... prepare for ANYTHING, Princesses!

I'll echo all of the above and testify that banking time AND slowing down got me through the TOT 10-Miler with a majorly painful injury. You can do it! :thumbsup2

19. sherekhan

sherekhan DLF>DNF>>DNS

I haven't had any yet this year, but my dreams are always about going off course. That actually happened to me on a 10 miler years ago! It was poorly marked and several of us took the wrong path through an arboretum. Will never know if it was a short cut or a long way round :confused: But that would NEVER happen at Disney.

In my last running nightmare, we took the wrong path and ran through the Disney Magic. :rolleyes2

20. LoveMyMoos

LoveMyMoos Mouseketeer

I've had one dream, and I woke up late, and was trying to get to the starting line, but nobody spoke English and I couldn't find anyone to tell me how to get there.

21. Mommy to Two Princes

Mommy to Two Princes Mouseketeer

My freaky race dreams involve Disney looking completely different. Picture rows and rows of wild west looking shops. We have to run through each of them -- some have stairs, some have western blankets and saddles to hurdle. Then, my mom shows up and wants me to stroll with her and shop.

Now, I know I am a Texas girl, but this is RIDICULOUS!!!:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.