Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread - Take 2

Discussion in 'Events/Competition' started by MoonFaerie, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thedonduck

thedonduck DIS Veteran

Congrats on the pregnancy! I know exactly how you are feeling! Hope the morning sickness passes for you soon (mine did by about 13 weeks)!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MRS AR

MRS AR DIS Veteran

You are among people who do "get it". Congratulations. I ran my first 1/2 the first weekend in January and several times during the last few miles I felt like crying because I realized that I was going to really finish and with strength. I couldn't believe that someone who considered herself a non-runner just 5 months ago could make that transformation. I first started running just to survive the PHM (my DD's idea. Cute costumes, Disney, how could i resist?) and not get swept. Now I think I'm hooked for life. I've already signed up for a 10k in March and another 1/2 in April. I'm not near as fast as most of you, but that's ok too. I'm not young (57) but I've found running is a safe place for self expression within each individual's capacity. No competition except with myself and lots so support to help with the hard run days.

I'm looking forward to running with (and probably behind) all of you while we all earn our medals.

4. Mommy to Two Princes

Mommy to Two Princes Mouseketeer

My thoughts and prayers are with you! Take care of yourself and that sweet little one! :flower3:

5. Gryhndmom

Gryhndmom Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Congrats on your first half marathon ! And I will surely be right there with you behind lots of our fellow Princesses. I'm hoping with my current pace to finish around 3:00 hrs.

We got Disney envelope in the mail too ! Anybody else staying at the contemporary ? Still thinking about reservations at the wave but looked at the menu and don't know if my tender tummy should try the "rich" food the night before the race.

Already thinking about getting back to the hotel after the race and then it hit me...monorail...yeah....guess the brain engaged between coughing spells and cold meds !

6. MRS AR

MRS AR DIS Veteran

We're at the contemporary too. DD wanted the monorail too.

7. PrincessV

PrincessV DIS Veteran

:hug: I bet that was a tough decision - but I'm sure a comforting one in a lot of ways, too. So glad you were able to defer and have a post-baby race to which to look forward!

8. IMGONNABE40!

IMGONNABE40! <font color=green>Okay, I already am 40, but if I

Mine arrived while I was in Anaheim for the Tink! I guess it is time to get ready for this race! :thumbsup2

9. IMGONNABE40!

I know that was a tough decision but probably the right one. Congrats on the pregnancy!

10. Cripey

Cripey DIS Veteran

We're not staying at Contemporary, but we are eating at the Wave the night before the race...I haven't ever found the food we've had there to be too heavy or rich myself. But, that said, I don't tend to have a very sensitive stomach either. Just remember, most of the Disney restraunts are very accomodating...don't be afraid to ask for what you want wherever you go...maybe a little bit of a different prep to something already on the menu to make it more agreeable for you...hold the sauce, hold the seasoning, steamed instead of satued...stuff like that, you know?

11. princessallegra

princessallegra They call me Mrs. Disney

THANK YOU! To everyone. I'm on the mobile device so can't quote you all but it means so much to me. I know you truly get what a hard choice that was for me. But it is a relief as well, because I was feeling some pressure. I cannot wait to be there cheering you all on!

12. newddmommie

newddmommie Mouseketeer

Getting so excited for the race. My costume has arrived so this "birthday" Belle is ready to run. Keep it up ladies, it's almost time. :)

13. StarGirl11

StarGirl11 DIS Veteran

Okay I can't believe I noticed this before but I just noticed the expo is at the Corando Springs Resort of all places. Not that I am complaining about the resort. Just struck me as odd. Anyway are they still providing transportation to and from the expo? Because otherwise I am screwed.

14. TXAng

TXAng Mouseketeer

Congratulations on your pregnancy! That is a tough decision, but what a wonderful reason to have to defer. :goodvibes I was signed up for my first half marathon when I got pregnant with my first, too, and there was no way I would have been able to run it.

Hope that your all-day sickness subsides soon. :)

15. kindakrazy2

kindakrazy2 DIS Veteran

I know how bittersweet this must be for you but growing a baby is way more important then running this race. Right now your baby is telling you it needs all of your body for him/her so let him/her have it. There will be other races but baby will only need you so completely like this for such a short time. Sit back and relax and take in every moment of this magical time. Hope your tummy settles down for you soon - just remember, its a sign of a healthy pregnancy. That was my mantra when I had that 24 hour a day "morning" sickness.

Take care....:hug:

16. uccats97

uccats97 DIS Veteran

As most of you probably did, I booked my trip back in July. It is paid in full and I have been training for months, over 180 miles since October. I just got a new part time job which has great earning potential at a new place that is not yet open and I am super excited about it. However, when I went to fill out paperwork and discuss scheduling I got a huge slap in the face. My new employer said there was absolutely NO WAY I could have Feb 22-25 off for the Princess! They actually pulled me right out of the paperwork session, took my employee folder and told me to call them when I get back from my trip. I was shocked! Who says "no exceptions" to something that has been planned long before this job was even a thought? I am so upset! After telling some of my family and friends I've actually had more than one person suggest I cancel my trip which I absolutely do not want to do! What are your thoughts?

17. Cripey

Cripey DIS Veteran

WOOOOW...DL half just sold out! (10K and Dumbo Double sold out yesterday) The only thing left for that weekend now is 5k, and it's over 60% full I think. I hope everyone that needed it for C2C was able to get in!!!!

18. Cripey

Cripey DIS Veteran

oh man, that's a tough spot to be in. I think for me it would come down to whether I just "wanted" the job or "needed" the job. If I really needed it financially or as an important step in furthering a future career goal, then I'd have to chalk it up to making a sacrifice and doing what needed to be done for my finances/future. If I just wanted the job for something to keep me busy, something fun to do, etc., then I'd definitely examine whether or not it was worth it to work for a company that was so hard-nosed and not willing to give any leeway to it's employees on a case-by-case basis. What a crummy decision to have to make...sorry. :flower3:

19. joan4mickey

joan4mickey DIS Veteran

Transportations is still provided. I think spring baseball may have something to do with the change of venue. CS is a conference resort so they have a large venue.
    Sad for those that haven't been to ESPN, but I think it may be a nice change.

20. IMGONNABE40!

I am looking forward to the expo being at CSR. I am not a big fan of the WWoS venue.

uccats97, I know it is disappointing, but I wouldn't expect vacation time/time off so soon after starting a new job... Tough decision, but like Cripey said, depends on how badly you need the job.

All this talk about going to the Wave the evening before has me wondering if I should do the same. I like to have fish and rice the night before a race and they have a great platter over at the AoA food court. From the Wave menu it looks like I can get jade rice-whatever that is! and the daily fish special. They do have a 5:10 available..... Then again, the thing I like about the Wave is the draft beer selection! Probably not a good thing that night!

21. eeyorechic

eeyorechic Mouseketeer

Just found this thread and joining in as a solo runner/walker. My first half after starting to get into running after having a baby 7 months ago, so I'm super excited!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.