Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread - Take 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
thedonduck said:
I just need to do a bit of a "yay me" post. Today I ran for the first time in 6 weeks after breaking my foot! I decided to try for a 4.5 mile run and just try to finish! Well I not only made it distance wise, but I had a 12.26 pace!!! My foot is a little sore, but hopefully I can get back out there tomorrow!

I have been really stressing if I could even finish, so this gave me so much confidence! Here is to the next 36 days of crazy training!

That's a great pace!!!! Awesome!

I just need to do a bit of a "yay me" post. Today I ran for the first time in 6 weeks after breaking my foot! I decided to try for a 4.5 mile run and just try to finish! Well I not only made it distance wise, but I had a 12.26 pace!!! My foot is a little sore, but hopefully I can get back out there tomorrow!

I have been really stressing if I could even finish, so this gave me so much confidence! Here is to the next 36 days of crazy training!

That is awesome!!! So glad you could come back so strong after an injury!:worship:

I got a Team Sparkle skirt and my problem is the opposite, it's shorter than I thought (shorter than a Sparkle Skirt but also more sheer) but it covers all of the necessary parts! The more I put it on, the more I like it and I got a pair of the short running shorts so they go along with it. I think it'll be really comfortable to run in. Sadly I'm a medium or I might be interested in that sparkle skirt because I actually tried to order the yellow Sparkle Skirt first and they were sold out.
No worries - glad you've got one you like! I like how the Team Sparkle one fits on me, too. I'm mad at myself for not taking the time to check in a mirror when I got the Sparkle Skirt at the W&D expo. Lesson learned!

That's nothing less than AWESOME!!!! Congratulations :woohoo:

Ooops! is this one better? I think I accidently copied the editing link when I was logged in myself putting in the picture. d'oh!

Sherekhan's Shot@Life fundraising link

I love that "I'm Fairy fast" shirt!!!!!

Fantastic!!!!!!!! That's awesome!!!!!!

So DH and I are doing the Everest Challenge in May (and there is finally a thread for it but mostly it's just people shocked over the price increase so far so I thought I'd share here :upsidedow ). We'v been "arguing" over costumes. He has agreed to wear one but is very VERY picky. My initial suggestion was Merida and the Braveheart looking suitor. He was okay with that initially then said no. So I said he could be a bear. :rotfl2: We considered Han and Leia when Disney bought SW but we were them for Halloween so that's been done. I suggested Beauty and the Beast (he doesn't want a hot costume), He-Man and She-Ra (not enough clothes for him that time). On and on and on....this morning, I said Esmeralda and Phoebus? He says "But he's blond!" I said "And she has dark hair, so???" So then he says, what about Rapunzel and Flynn. I asked if I could bring our gecko and carry a frying pan. He said yes to the frying pan, no to briging Tango. Either way, AGREED!!!!! So now I get to start putting together costumes for that. Yay!!!! :cheer2: (I still think Merida and a bear would have been awesome, but...)

So DH and I are doing the Everest Challenge in May (and there is finally a thread for it but mostly it's just people shocked over the price increase so far so I thought I'd share here :upsidedow ).
:rotfl: That's me! Can't afford to run it again, but I'm still hanging out on the thread to live vicariously through all of you. ;)

So then he says, what about Rapunzel and Flynn. I asked if I could bring our gecko and carry a frying pan. He said yes to the frying pan, no to briging Tango. Either way, AGREED!!!!! So now I get to start putting together costumes for that. Yay!!!! :cheer2: (I still think Merida and a bear would have been awesome, but...)

:thumbsup2 I can't remember - did you guys do it last year? It was HOT. Even by Floridan standards. The air wasn't bad, but that stupid parking lot literally burned my behind! Once the sun went down, the parking lot section of the course wasn't bad, but it was very still and humid within the park. Just something to consider when designing costumes!

Here's a question for those that have foam rollers...do you like the ridges or the plain ? DH got me one for the little twinges in my right knee and after watching the video and feeling awkward rolling on a tube...it does feel a little better. Plain roller is okay so wondering if the ridges are better.

So DH and I are doing the Everest Challenge in May (and there is finally a thread for it but mostly it's just people shocked over the price increase so far so I thought I'd share here :upsidedow ). We'v been "arguing" over costumes. He has agreed to wear one but is very VERY picky. My initial suggestion was Merida and the Braveheart looking suitor. He was okay with that initially then said no. So I said he could be a bear. :rotfl2: We considered Han and Leia when Disney bought SW but we were them for Halloween so that's been done. I suggested Beauty and the Beast (he doesn't want a hot costume), He-Man and She-Ra (not enough clothes for him that time). On and on and on....this morning, I said Esmeralda and Phoebus? He says "But he's blond!" I said "And she has dark hair, so???" So then he says, what about Rapunzel and Flynn. I asked if I could bring our gecko and carry a frying pan. He said yes to the frying pan, no to briging Tango. Either way, AGREED!!!!! So now I get to start putting together costumes for that. Yay!!!! :cheer2: (I still think Merida and a bear would have been awesome, but...)

That is very cool that he agreed to be fly. I also agree that Merida and Bear would have been awesome. Have a great time!!!

Here's a question for those that have foam rollers...do you like the ridges or the plain ? DH got me one for the little twinges in my right knee and after watching the video and feeling awkward rolling on a tube...it does feel a little better. Plain roller is okay so wondering if the ridges are better.

I use ridges,it hurts but it works.

Both! I have a nubby one that I like for hard-to-relax knots in my glutes. But it bruises the heck out of my outer thighs and quads, so I prefer the smooth one for those areas. I use a wooden rolling pin on my calves, with some help from my son; can't seem to get enough pressure rolling them on the foam.

PrincessV said:
Both! I have a nubby one that I like for hard-to-relax knots in my glutes. But it bruises the heck out of my outer thighs and quads, so I prefer the smooth one for those areas. I use a wooden rolling pin on my calves, with some help from my son; can't seem to get enough pressure rolling them on the foam.

Both as well. I have a short ribbed one I travel with, and a bigger smooth one. I also SWEAR by "the stick" it is AMAZING.

Good job!!! :thumbsup2

Hello,

What time is the cruise time? There are five of us coming. Three adults and two children. My mom's first time at Disney World.

Sorry, I never got on a computer last night. Got stuck due to snow and had a surprise night at a hotel.

The cruise would leave out at 8 PM from the Yacht & Beach Club Marina.

I have new pain. :sad: Achilles tendonitis. Now I know it was a potential side effect from from the darn Cipro I was on, but I'm wondering if my new shoes were a contributing factor.

I got new shoes a week ago. I've only done a few short, easy runs in them. They're an ounce heavier than my old shoes (7.2 oz old shoes, 8.2 oz new shoes), and they have the same amount of support. (I slightly overpronate.) The big difference though is that my old shoes had a 4 mm heel to toe drop, and my new ones have a 10 mm drop. Could that higher heel be the problem?

I have new pain. :sad: Achilles tendonitis. Now I know it was a potential side effect from from the darn Cipro I was on, but I'm wondering if my new shoes were a contributing factor.

I got new shoes a week ago. I've only done a few short, easy runs in them. They're an ounce heavier than my old shoes (7.2 oz old shoes, 8.2 oz new shoes), and they have the same amount of support. (I slightly overpronate.) The big difference though is that my old shoes had a 4 mm heel to toe drop, and my new ones have a 10 mm drop. Could that higher heel be the problem?

I personally can't handle a higher heel to toe drop. I ended up with peroneal tendentious when I had my heavy shoe that had a larger h2td. I slightly overpronate too...but I have to run in minimalist shoes or my ankles get weird.

Um yes!!! You ladies are all way ahead of me in training. My longest run so far is 6 miles. I'm following Hal Higdons half plan (novice). This weekend is 7. I'm dealing with awful shin splints so I haven't run much over the last 10 days. I'm losing sleep over stress about not being able to run. I'm going to attempt 7 on Friday though.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm at the same training spot as you. My longest so far is 6, and I'm doing 7 tomorrow. I hope your 7 went well. My goal for the PHM is simple: finish and not get swept. If I enjoy this (which I think I will), then I'll worry about speeding up.

I've been lurking here for a while, and you ladies have really inspired me and kept me going! When I'm feeling like I don't want to train, I read the boards and get excited. Thanks for that!

I am starting to get really excited for the race and for the trip! I'm staying at the BCV like many of you.

Pretty excited - know someone who knows someone who is a big wig at New Balance. The Dis-inspired shoes are sold out, but she said if they make any more, she will try to score me a pair! Even if they weren't so stinkin' cute, I would still covet a pair of $125 shoes that are in the "stability" mode! Can only hope the wild popularity of those things means they make more. I told her that if they ever make a Tink shoe, it is a MUST!

How are you getting to your hotels? I am staying at Shades of Green and am not sure that my friends will make it and we were going to split the cost of one of those transport companies. One way instead of 3 ways is a lot more than I planned. Suggestions?

tinkeramy said:
Pretty excited - know someone who knows someone who is a big wig at New Balance. The Dis-inspired shoes are sold out, but she said if they make any more, she will try to score me a pair! Even if they weren't so stinkin' cute, I would still covet a pair of $125 shoes that are in the "stability" mode! Can only hope the wild popularity of those things means they make more. I told her that if they ever make a Tink shoe, it is a MUST!

I missed out on the ones at Tink expo today, but talked to the new balance peeps there and they are supposed to have 125 more tomorrow AM. We're contemplating lining up for a pair super early. Back in my room now and realized they gave me the wrong size shirt at packet pick up, so I have to go back tomorrow anyway. I saw several people with them on today and they are really cute! The people in the booth said by the time DL half rolls around they will have plenty to go around, but they are gonna be hard to come by at PHM next month too, though they definitely will have some there. I REALLY REALLY hope they make Tink and Princess ones next year, those would be so cute I'm sure!

Just out of curiosity, I looked to see if the new balance shoes were being sold on ebay :rolleyes: of course they are...and at over $300 per pair :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter