Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread - Take 2

Discussion in 'Events/Competition' started by MoonFaerie, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sherekhan

sherekhan DLF>DNF>>DNS

Dudette! We'll be at the flying fish at 5:35! See you there. I look like this...
    http://www.crowdrise.com/fundraise-and-volunteer/review/shotlife/cindylevin

And I uploaded a picture of my work-in-progress Frost Fairy costume. I'm out to buy white hairspray tomorrow to see if I look hideous in it or not. I found silver comfy running pants (not purple, teal, or aqua), but I think if my hair were white it would give more of an idea who I'm supposed to be. If anyone sees any real running capris that are those colors let me know. My wings could go with all those colors.

I'm thinking a leaf pattern on the tank maybe and if I stick with purple/periwindle, my running bib should even match.

Funny note, the color of the running pants is listed as "stealth". Believe me, there is nothing stealthy about my running. clomp, clomp, clomp! :rotfl:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sherekhan

sherekhan DLF>DNF>>DNS

When I thought I was going to be more in that area pre-race, that was my first pick as I felt they have rather "normal" things on the menu for a nice restaurant. This is not the day to try new things eating out! Never been there, but that was my thought.

4. JenNel85

JenNel85 Mouseketeer

My thoughts, too! But then I started wondering if I should stick with one of the Italian restaurants, or somewhere I can pasta. Then again, I started wondering if that's what you're supposed to eat before a half marathon? :confused3

I've never run a race longer than a 10K, so I pretty much have no clue what I'm doing in terms of pre-race prep -- and I am definitely weary of trying something too "different" the night before!

5. annmarieda

annmarieda DIS Veteran

You make me feel a bit better... but if it comes down to when I registered... then I might be pushed more to the back because I registered pretty late.
    :sad2:

This has me nervous. I would hate to push to get a better time in a 10k and then have it not make a difference because of how late I registered. :confused3

For you then I hope it happens on 2/2... but for me... I hope sooner. Honestly, I will just not hassle with traveling to another town to do a 10k if my placement is good enough..and that 10k is before 2/2 so for me...sooner is better.

Count me as another Wave diner. Mine is a tad later though... at 6pm.

6. Cripey

Cripey DIS Veteran

I have! This will be the third time we've eaten there as a pre-race meal...we really enjoy it. Ingredients always seem very fresh. I normally go with a salad, the chicken sandwich and lots of water! BF likes their wheat penne pasta dish with chicken.

7. Cripey

Cripey DIS Veteran

I think the only time your registration date would come into play would be if you didn't submit any time at all. As long as you've submitted an acceptable time to finish under 2:45 that should be the only thing that determines your placement....at least that's how I understand it.

8. sunnygal041

sunnygal041 DIS Veteran

Gotcha!

9. JenNel85

JenNel85 Mouseketeer

Awesome, sounds good! Thanks! :goodvibes

10. tinkeramy

tinkeramy DIS Veteran

Have to laugh - when I ran into Tinkerbell last year and I told her I was dressing as her, she asked if my costume was made of leaves and tree sap. I told her, sadly, no, but I wish I had thought of that b/c it certainly would have been more authentic! :rotfl:

Do the same thing you would do before a 10K - you are right, you don't want to risk "loading up" on something and then having tummy troubles the next day. Besides, the whole "carb loading" thing is a myth. Nothing stays in your body all night long! Just do what you would normally do. Also, that morning, stick with your normal pre-run breakfast.

11. JenNel85

JenNel85 Mouseketeer

Do the same thing you would do before a 10K - you are right, you don't want to risk "loading up" on something and then having tummy troubles the next day. Besides, the whole "carb loading" thing is a myth. Nothing stays in your body all night long! Just do what you would normally do. Also, that morning, stick with your normal pre-run breakfast.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for the advice! I've been doing lots of research to try to figure out how to prepare for a half (besides the training plan, of course), and that seems to be the consensus. I'll just plan to eat as "normally" as possible. Thanks again!:goodvibes

12. PrincessV

PrincessV DIS Veteran

My group is in a DVC villa, so we're planning to make dinner in the room. I want to replicate what I normally eat before long runs and plan to be in bed by 7.

OMG, hello twin! I have scoliosis, too, and I'm positive that's a contributing factor - it's my "longer" leg that had ITBS and it's that leg that A. was always on the down slope of the road, and B. tends to overpronate in an effort to ease the transition to my "shorter" right leg. I've found that the strengthening exercises have helped a lot and have definitely altered my pronation: I still roll in at the very end of my stride when walking, but not during my run intervals. I wound up in low- (bot not zero-) drop shoes with a little extra arch support, but no full stability. I alternate between Brooks PureFlow with better arch-supporting insoles and Brooks PureCadence with the insoles that came with them. Both seem to be good and I haven't yet been able to pick a favorite to wear for the race! I also read somewhere about taking good ol' white athletic tape (though I'd think duct tape would be good, too) and rolling it flat around a couple fingers, over and over until its thickness is about the same as the dip in your hips from the scoliosis. Stick that under the insole in the heel of your "shorter" leg's shoe. Because it's in the heel, it doesn't help when I'm running, but it's made a difference when I walk - I definitely don't overpronate as much (maybe not at all) on the left, which seems to keep the ITBS at bay. Worth a try!

Oh, no worries - I'm certain that proof of time takes precedence over everything else!

:thumbsup2

13. princessallegra

princessallegra They call me Mrs. Disney

Ohhh wahoo! Love! We will have to say hallo! Haha! Omg i love "stealth"! Ha! Sounds like a Zoolander pose!

Ps I have to log in to that site to see your pic so I didn't get to see it. I'm pretty hard to miss, blond bob and giant Snow White tattoo on my arm!

14. princessallegra

princessallegra They call me Mrs. Disney

We have eaten there a few times. It is very good, clean, organic (for the most part) food. We like it very much.

15. PrincessV

PrincessV DIS Veteran

Ladies, I've got a brand-new, never been worn, yellow Sparkle Skirt sitting on my dresser. It just looks ridiculous on my short legs.

I may bring it to the expo and see if Leah might consider letting me exchange it for something else, but thought I'd first see if anyone here is in need of a sequined, yellow, size S skirt. $20. Give me a shout if you're interested!

16. JenNel85

JenNel85 Mouseketeer

Oh, good! Sounds perfect. Thank you! :goodvibes

17. sherekhan

sherekhan DLF>DNF>>DNS

Ooops! is this one better? I think I accidently copied the editing link when I was logged in myself putting in the picture. d'oh!

Sherekhan's Shot@Life fundraising link

18. Tracerr00

Tracerr00 DIS Veteran

I got a Team Sparkle skirt and my problem is the opposite, it's shorter than I thought (shorter than a Sparkle Skirt but also more sheer) but it covers all of the necessary parts! The more I put it on, the more I like it and I got a pair of the short running shorts so they go along with it. I think it'll be really comfortable to run in. Sadly I'm a medium or I might be interested in that sparkle skirt because I actually tried to order the yellow Sparkle Skirt first and they were sold out.

19. thedonduck

thedonduck DIS Veteran

I just need to do a bit of a "yay me" post. Today I ran for the first time in 6 weeks after breaking my foot! I decided to try for a 4.5 mile run and just try to finish! Well I not only made it distance wise, but I had a 12.26 pace!!! My foot is a little sore, but hopefully I can get back out there tomorrow!

I have been really stressing if I could even finish, so this gave me so much confidence! Here is to the next 36 days of crazy training!

20. cantwaitvaca09

cantwaitvaca09 DIS Veteran

congrats on the pain free run!! Pixie dust for it to stay that way!

21. JenNel85

JenNel85 Mouseketeer

That is fantastic! Good for you! :thumbsup2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.