Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread - Take 2

Discussion in 'Events/Competition' started by MoonFaerie, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annmarieda

annmarieda DIS Veteran

Thanks! It does help to know that maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing if I ran in them :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Gryhndmom

Gryhndmom Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Thanks for the advice...think I will keep the "date" as most of my allergies are food (seafood&berries) so Kona has the best menu choice. Secretly hoping maybe the Hawaii five O guys will make a special appearance ! :rotfl2:

Thanks too to anamerida for the feedback.

Forgot to reply back to you from an earlier post...this is my first half marathon and after my last meeting with running coach I feel almost ready ! Still nervous but he assured me I am ready and ....enjoy the experience !

Me also thinks the weather at PHM is looking more and more like high 50's for race time....think as TX princesses and other southern princesses we will be well acclimated for race day...hallelujah...was worried about really cold weather !

4. sunnygal041

sunnygal041 DIS Veteran

I am lactose intolerant and Kona had the best choices for me, too. Besides you can get a Lapu-Lapu there and a Dole Whip at captain cooks.

5. tinkeramy

tinkeramy DIS Veteran

I was quite surprised that I have actually worn mine from 2011 three times, with a 4th coming up! It's a green one for Tink. Did that for 2011 & 12 Princess, wore it at another half the day after St. Pat's last yr and will be doing that same race when it occurs on St. Pats this year! Who knew I would (pun totally intended) get so much mileage out of it!

6. sunnygal041

sunnygal041 DIS Veteran

Weather Channel predicts 83/63 for race day. Here we go ladies!!!!

7. StarGirl11

StarGirl11 DIS Veteran

Not too bad I guess. I would actually love to have weather similar to last year.

Put on one of my costumes this morning. A bit snug but it fits. The one I want to really wear I can't seem to locate at the moment to check. Will bug my Mom about it if I can't find it or too tight than I'll default back to my Cinderella dress.

Hopefully if I am back at it again next year after the surgery a dress being to snug will be a thing of the past for the most part.

8. Cripey

Cripey DIS Veteran

Yay! They are finally letting us nominate and vote on a song to be featured at the race...on runDisneys FB page!

9. cimrk01

cimrk01 Mouseketeer

Yeesh! That's our typical weather down here in S.Florida during our training runs. Hoping it drops another 15-20 degrees. Otherwise, I'm probably going to melt. :scared1:

10. sunnygal041

sunnygal041 DIS Veteran

Haha, I live in S. Florida, too

11. joan4mickey

joan4mickey DIS Veteran

Not on FB
    What are the choices?

12. Mamasmurf227

Mamasmurf227 Mouseketeer

No choices yet-- just asked everyone to nominate their favorite song by midnight. It says voting will be this weekend.

13. Cripey

Cripey DIS Veteran

I quickly scanned some of the several hundred comments this morning...there seemed to be alot of nominations for "Girl on Fire" and "Titanium" at that time. Several for "Stronger" too. I think the final choices are supposed to be posted this weekend for voting.

14. princessallegra

princessallegra They call me Mrs. Disney

JOAN! This is absolutely awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You rock!!

15. princessallegra

SERIOUSLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this!!!

16. princessallegra

I'm literally crying seeing all your pics and posts! I am so proud and happy for all my princesses! It is preggo hormones gone wild with the tears. I am finally feeling better so I am hoping to really enjoy this trip. I am really sad not to be participating, but I know I made the right choice. DH is really encouraging me to sleep in and take the bus to the finish, as opposed to me coming with him and hustling via monorail to see him by the TTC and Poly. I think he's right. But I'm still a bit bummed. It's ok though. I'm going to be there at the finish for him, I plan to catch the bus when they start up again.

17. PrincessV

PrincessV DIS Veteran

They're super bouncy in the forefoot! I feel a HUGE difference between them and my Nike Frees in that respect, like the Frees sink me down, while the Flows propel me forward.

Maybe not...

:thumbsup2 ITA with Cripey - sometimes, you just know they're the right shoe.

I think this is a really good approach, too.

FWIW, I think I just found "the one" - Mizuno Wave Evo Cursoris. :love: They arrived last night and within two "runs" down my hallway, I was thinking of using them for the race. But I really need them a 1/2 size bigger and no one local carries them; I'm at the mercy of FedEx. I'm taking that as a sign - IF they show up before next Thurs., I'll wear them for whatever training runs are left and maybe for walking WDW, but I'll stick with the Flows for the race. The Flows are great for me, so no reason not to use them, right? If they weren't perfect, I'd totally race in the new ones, though.

I'm afraid to get too excited - there's still so much time for it to change... but I'm really hoping this sticks, too! :yay:

:hug::hug::hug: I can imagine what you're going through - those pregnancy hormones are something else!

18. Maddies Mama

Maddies Mama Mouseketeer

Thanks for the nice comments about my Izzy costume ladies :)

Race day weather - I sure hope that low temp drops by about 15 degrees. Not to be gross, but I'm a sweater and my poor costume is going to be soaked with nastiness by the time I'm done if we start in the 60s! Haha! Not the worst forecast ever, but I sure hope as they revise the numbers as the day gets closer, they start moving in the cooler direction. I know it's different for everyone, but perfect running weather for me is in the 45-55 range. Any colder and I start hacking up a lung, any warmer and I'm drenched in sweat!

I had my last long run this morning. Was on the fence about doing it because I had some twinges of pain in my knee yesterday, but ultimately felt OK once I woke up this morning. I must be on a runner's high because I finished 10 miles in 1:47, my fastest 10 miles yet and instead of feeling tired and run down, I feel amazing. I am feeling so ready to ROCK THIS RACE!!!

19. sherekhan

sherekhan DLF>DNF>>DNS

Are you guys talking about Samwise Gamgee/Goonies Sean Astin!!!???!! in my corral?????

20. sherekhan

sherekhan DLF>DNF>>DNS

I would call it just ok. I stayed at the Poly last year and ate there. It's not bad, it's just nothing very special. If I was in the area, I wouldn't steer clear of it, but I won't go out of my way for it.

21. VickiHD

VickiHD DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.