Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread - Take 2

Discussion in 'Events/Competition' started by MoonFaerie, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VickiHD

VickiHD DIS Veteran

I don't care what color it is I just want it !!!!!

Can't wait to go shopping at the expo too. :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Jubilee

Jubilee DIS Veteran

After the hills, I believe it is still another 2 miles. That is where the announcer says your names and you are on video and then you still have to go through Epcot. I just remember feeling like the last mile took forever lol

4. tinkeramy

tinkeramy DIS Veteran

I think you will be fine. We started in C last year, did 2/1 intervals most of the way and took a load of pictures and had 2 potty stops. I think our overall time was 3:20. So, based on that, you should be all good!

5. tinkeramy

tinkeramy DIS Veteran

You are golden. Race day adrenaline will see you through. (And I'm 42, so rest assured!). Ten miles is great, and the overpass, while steep, really doesn't go on for long. Relax-you'll do great!

6. Gryhndmom

Gryhndmom Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Okay fellow Princesses...has anybody eaten at Kona Cafe for dinner ? I've read some not so good reviews about the food on the new menu and wanted to see if any of you had eaten there lately. Right now we are scheduled to eat there PHM night.

7. saysay

saysay DIS Veteran

For anyone worried about the hills...they are not that bad. If you have trained you are ready and will rock it!

Just tsaw a tweet that Sean Astin will be in the race. You think they will make him start in Corral C? So excited....i mean I probably won't see him, but cool he is going for C2C!

8. annmarieda

annmarieda DIS Veteran

Last time I ate there was 12/11. Everything that my family had was great (as usual) However I "branched out" and ordered something new. (the noodles) Those...not so good.

9. VickiHD

VickiHD DIS Veteran

I saw him at Tink last month. He was at the RunDisney booth taking photos. I also saw him taking pictures with fans during the race.

10. kindakrazy2

kindakrazy2 DIS Veteran

[​IMG]

Super nice guy! :goodvibes

11. sunnygal041

sunnygal041 DIS Veteran

Funny you should ask about Kona! A bunch of us solo Princesses are eating there on Friday for dinner.

12. the_princess

the_princess DIS Veteran

I will die if I see Sean Astin!!! :rotfl2:You shouldn't have told me, now I'll be looking for him instead of running. I'm in B so I'll go slow and wait for him.:cool2:

13. longhorns2

longhorns2 Mother runner blogger with a #DisneySide

He'll be in C. He's pretty nice! I got to meet up and chat with him too. Super normal for a Hollywood guy. ;)

14. joan4mickey

joan4mickey DIS Veteran

Don't forget to go here.

http://live.xacte.com/princess/alerts/

and sign up for runner tracking.

This can also be done at the expo, but you can save some time by signing up now. It is not a perfect system, but can be helpful and I like to see my time shortly after the race so I send the updates to my phone and they have always been there once I return to the room (I leave my phone in the room during the race).

15. joan4mickey

joan4mickey DIS Veteran

[​IMG][/IMG]

Here it is. Just wonder how I'm going to fly to FL. without messing up the hat or something.

16. VickiHD

VickiHD DIS Veteran

You look great !!!!!! I love your costume !!!

How about putting "packing" something inside your hat to help keep the shape in your luggage ??

17. Mommy to Two Princes

Mommy to Two Princes Mouseketeer

Love it!!! Could you roll up socks or a small t-shirt to hold the shape of the hat?

18. joan4mickey

joan4mickey DIS Veteran

Thanks for the ideas for the hat. I can do that, but DH said to just wear it and wear it to the expo and get as much use as I can because I put a lot of work into it.

19. Mamasmurf227

Mamasmurf227 Mouseketeer

:thumbsup2 I was just about to say, "wear it!". Love the costume!

20. PrincessV

PrincessV DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2 ITA! You look faaaabulous!

21. PrincessV

PrincessV DIS Veteran

Is anyone else mildly freaking out at every minor twinge of body pain at this point?! I'm 40+ and a former dancer/soccer player/skier... some amount of body pain is my daily normal, but this race is making me all sorts of paranoid. :rolleyes: :rotfl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.