Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread - Take 2

Discussion in 'Events/Competition' started by MoonFaerie, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RunnerRen

RunnerRen ~Ren~

Hi All!

Add me to the list of runners please :0) I have been following this thread since it started pretty much, and I have just now joined haha! My name is Ren, and I am a Houston, TX Princess! I started running a little over a year ago to lose weight for mine and my (now) hubby's wedding and decided that, well, I LOVE it!

I am in corral A (#1782 and I'll be in a Rapunzel themed outfit), and I really hope to meet you all at the half marathon in TWO weeks!! Good luck to everyone!

Ren

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ataylorrdh

ataylorrdh Mouseketeer

Getting extremely nervous! :worried: This is my goal race of a half marathon before I turn 40. (Turning 40 March 28th! :bday:Getting it just under the wire.) Extremely slow and no proof of time so I'm in Corral H. Not looking forward to the 1hr24min wait to start:hourglass. I have signed up for the race retreat but will I still have to be at the start by 5:00 with my start time at 6:24am? I would rather hang out :rolleyes1 in the race retreat than in a corral.

Also, when does the 16 min pace time start? Pacing about 14:30 right now.

4. princessallegra

princessallegra They call me Mrs. Disney

Oh for Pete's sake. As we sit here getting snowed in by Nemo (Disney must be thrilled! Ha!), I just got my final race instructions email. Um, I deferred RunDisney! Remember? Haha. I guess I'm calling them Monday lol. DH and I ended up in C. He is 8528 and I am 8530. Big difference from G last year for me! I will get it all straightened out Monday. I have already paid and registered for a future race through the deferral program.

5. Cripey

Cripey DIS Veteran

Lol, and yet they still can't get the email to all of the people that actually are running it. Stay warm!

6. saysay

saysay DIS Veteran

Seriously..there are Port O potties AND real potties on the course. No need to squat in the bushes and get a spider, gator or snake bite...:rotfl:

Agree Vicki, the portapotties sounding like paradise.

7. Gryhndmom

Gryhndmom Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Won't mention it was 72 today in San Antonio and tomorrow...well...a little colder at 68.:rotfl: Maybe I should just mail you all the sweaters I have that still have tags on them from last year !

Good luck getting things straightened out with rundisney, nothing is more frustrating than having to repeat something you have already done !

8. VickiHD

VickiHD DIS Veteran

Link not working. :sad1:

9. saysay

saysay DIS Veteran

Starts when the LAST princess crosses the starting line in the last corral. With your pace, you are fine.

10. Gryhndmom

Gryhndmom Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Welcome from a San Antonio princess ! There will be quite a few of us representing the Lone Star state...maybe the Governor will give us a "princess " day when we all return home. :). DH & I will be in corral E so cheer us on from the finish line!

Everything I've heard says you can be swept at anytime along the course for not doing a 16 min mile BUT several people have said the usual sweep points are miles 4 & 10 and after 10 they usually let you go without sweeping. I think you are fine at a 14:30 pace...gives you a little time for porta potty stops and/or a quick character picture.

I'm doing about a 13:30 and plan on doing character pics only on the way back to Epcot just in case I'm pacing slower .

11. belle2211

belle2211 DIS Veteran

You might not have to skip the engraving. I would check the line just to be sure. It took us about 30 mins at both ToT and W&D however it was 5 mins tops at the Half Marathon in January. So maybe you'll hit at a good time here!

12. princessallegra

princessallegra They call me Mrs. Disney

literally!!!!!!

13. uccats97

uccats97 DIS Veteran

Thanks for the confidence boost! I am extra nervous because this is my first half. It's all about reaching my goal and all of the hard work I've put into the training...198.5 miles before my mishap! I have never had a break in my training and now I can't do the last 50 miles of my training program. I'm worried about walking the parks all day on Friday and Saturday and how my foot will react to that and then how I will do when I really put stress on it during the race.:confused:
    What kind of injury are you battling?
    And I am an in-town bearcats fan, on the east side of Cinci!:cheer2:

14. uccats97

uccats97 DIS Veteran

I have a friend who is an athletic trainer who evaluated my foot and I passed all of her tests. Then I went to my friend who is a physical therapist and passed her tests as well. She taped me with KT tape but I haven't noticed any relief. I am following RICE and using crutches to try and allow myself adequate time to rest. It is so frustrating!:sad2:

15. tinkerbye

tinkerbye Mouseketeer

GEM TAC would work the best because they will stick and won't lose their shine.

16. ColleenG

ColleenG DIS Veteran

Ok, Nancy, there will be no peeing in the woods! No one needs to get a snake bite on the butt! I'll hold my breath in the port o potties!

17. annmarieda

annmarieda DIS Veteran

I will definitely check! I did manage to move back my ADR ... So maybe I will have a bit more time .

18. Maddies Mama

Maddies Mama Mouseketeer

Please say hi if you see me! Would love to meet some fellow military-affiliated princesses!

19. MissBenilda

MissBenilda USAF Vet/Disney Dork

All my dreams lately have all been race related.
    I had a nightmare that I had my Jasmine outfit on but no time to do my hair and makeup (i have a primer so it won't melt off my sweating face). My hair was in a messy top bun and I freaked out because I wanted my "running thru the castle" photo to be memorable and I looked like a crazy lady in pajamas with messy hair.
    :/

20. Princess Sleepy

Princess Sleepy DIS Veteran

My last race was New Year's Day and the temperature at race time was -12 F. My 10-mile on Halloween weekend was 28. I am a little worried about running anything above freezing. :)

21. Princess Sleepy

Princess Sleepy DIS Veteran

I am trying to unload my princess breakfast tickets for Saturday morning. I mistakenly thought they were for Sunday and thought we would eat after the race. Doh! Rookie mistake. My DDs are both running different kid races on Saturday: 1 at 8:45 and 1 around 9:15 so I'm not sure we have a good time to even go to the breakfast (DD9 does not like to eat very much before she runs and there's not time after the races). Is anyone interested in buying any or all of my 2 adult, 2 kid tickets. (I hope this is allowed, not trying to break any rules.) PM me if you are . TIA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.