Official 2012/2013 Disney Military Promotion - Updated Post #187

Has anyone been able to purchase tickets at ITT at their base as of today? We are still a little over a month out til we leave but I am getting antsy...:)

kramerzoo said:
Has anyone been able to purchase tickets at ITT at their base as of today? We are still a little over a month out til we leave but I am getting antsy...:)

Ours is still only selling the current ones.

appleorchard said:
This is pretty much the way it's been every year since the promo started--great confusion for the first few weeks ITTs don't have the tickets or know how they work, etc. You can always buy them at the gate if you have to, even if it is a few extra dollars per ticket. Or at SoG.

Thanks so much. I didn't know we could get them at the parks, I thought it was only through ITT.

We are looking at going at the beginning of December 2013 and my father-in-law is a retired marine. They will be going with us. Is there a high probability that this promotion will be extended throughout the next year? How many years has this been offered? We could potentially go at a different time but would prefer then. Thanks!

One more question, are you able to add the dining plan when you purchase these tickets and reserve a discounted room on property? Trying to put together a package to present to my in-laws :)
Thanks!

piratesfirst said:
One more question, are you able to add the dining plan when you purchase these tickets and reserve a discounted room on property? Trying to put together a package to present to my in-laws :)
Thanks!

You can add the dining plan to the room only reservation with the military discount without having to add tickets, since they are sold separately.

Just love all the confusion at the beginning of the new promotion...LOL

Ok, so I read through everything here, everything on the internet, the Q&A from military tips....just want to be clear - we DO NOT have to purchase all of the tickets at once?

I know when the first promotion started - the year it was a 5 day ticket and the service member got their ticket free, we had to purchase all of the tickets at the same time. The last promotion, we were able to purchase a few on one trip and the rest on another which made it much easier. We are going in November but only need to purchase 3 tickets at that time, but we will also go in March and I want to be sure we can purchase 2 more at that time. This seems to be the case but I guess I just need to know for sure. I am not prepared to purchase 5 tickets in November but will if I must. Activating the tickets is not an issue since one of us is traveling on both trips. Cheshire?

we leave in 9 days and my dad was just about to drive over to are ITT office at the closest base to get are tickets and they had shipped them back yesterday even though you can purchase them till the 27th...so irritating...anyways I'm debating going to SOG the first morning we are there to get are tickets or get them at the ticket office/guest relations at the first park we visit? Does anyone know what the taxes would be on 1 ticket at the $138 price if we buy them at the park instead of SOG?

TIA for the help! pixiedust:

Sorry, I have several questions:

1. If it turns out that tickets cannot be used by the same two people (in our case the retiree and spouse) back to back for an 8 day trip, are the Stars and Stripes tickets still available? The SOG website show them, but I wasn't sure if it was accurate.

2. Are all military discounted tickets paper tickets? I believe so based on what I've read in the earlier posts, but wondered if there are any military tickets that can be tied to the KTTW. I know it is minor, but for some reason I hate paper tickets.

3. If booking two rooms for the same period with the discount, can they be at different resorts? We're thinking of bartering with my DSS (25) and his girlfriend that we'll pay for their trip if they play nanny for some of our stay to our baby daughter (10 months right now) on our next trip :rotfl:

Sorry, I have several questions:

1. If it turns out that tickets cannot be used by the same two people (in our case the retiree and spouse) back to back for an 8 day trip, are the Stars and Stripes tickets still available? The SOG website show them, but I wasn't sure if it was accurate.

2. Are all military discounted tickets paper tickets? I believe so based on what I've read in the earlier posts, but wondered if there are any military tickets that can be tied to the KTTW. I know it is minor, but for some reason I hate paper tickets.

3. If booking two rooms for the same period with the discount, can they be at different resorts? We're thinking of bartering with my DSS (25) and his girlfriend that we'll pay for their trip if they play nanny for some of our stay to our baby daughter (10 months right now) on our next trip :rotfl:

Hi,

Shades does still sell the Stars and Stripes passes but they are considered a "length of stay" pass and are supposed to be for the number of nights of your on property stay. The might sell you less days but I'm not sure. You can also buy the slightly (4%-8% off) discounted Magic Your Way tickets at SoG. Give their ticket number a call (407) 824-1403, you might have to leave a voicemail and get a call back.

The Armed Forces Salute tickets you buy at base ITT Offices and SoG are really nice plastic tickets with the AFS logo. The AFS tickets at a Disney ticket booth are paper. There is no way to combine the AFS tickets with your room key though. Apples and Oranges.

And on the rooms there are no rules other that being eligible and a max of 3 including yours. You can have many stays at many resorts throughout the offer period. I do this every year.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Hi,

Shades does still sell the Stars and Stripes passes but they are considered a "length of stay" pass and are supposed to be for the number of nights of your on property stay. The might sell you less days but I'm not sure. You can also buy the slightly (4%-8% off) discounted Magic Your Way tickets at SoG. Give their ticket number a call (407) 824-1403, you might have to leave a voicemail and get a call back.

The Armed Forces Salute tickets you buy at base ITT Offices and SoG are really nice plastic tickets with the AFS logo. The AFS tickets at a Disney ticket booth are paper. There is no way to combine the AFS tickets with your room key though. Apples and Oranges.

And on the rooms there are no rules other that being eligible and a max of 3 including yours. You can have many stays at many resorts throughout the offer period. I do this every year.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Perfect! Thanks for the info. If we can't use back to back tickets on the special, we may just do the length of stay for ease and incur the increase.

May I ask some questions about the new Military Salute tickets? I am confused about some things, compared to previous years, and was hoping to get some clarification.

We are going to WDW from 9/29-10/7.

1. Do you have to buy all 6 tickets at one time? Military member will be present during this trip, otherwise I know it would only be 5.

2. Do you have to wait 7 days between using each ticket? If DH uses one 4 day ticket, does he have to wait 7 days before he can use another 4 day ticket? I had read this on the military tips blog, but I did not see this on the official Military Salute info page.

3. Can I buy tickets for friends going in December and activate them when we are there in October? Or, do the friends need to be present when they are activated? It wouldn't break my heart to have to come back in December to activate their tickets!

Thanks so much!

The answer to all three is no one really knows until they start selling them. It appears that you can buy them on different occasions, and in the past, everyone has not needed to be there to activate the tickets. It also seems like you can't piggyback two tickets without a 7 day break between them. Unfortunately, in the past, there's been a disconnect between what the rules say and what actually happens at the gate. Some people will tell you it's wrong to buy tickets for your friends to use when you're not there, but I won't lol.

We've been able to do back-to-back in the past, and that, along with the buy all at one time (or you only get to purchase tickets once during the promotion, whether you buy 6 or not), are the two things that are really confusing me. I'm hoping Cheshire Figment can answer these for me. As to the 3rd one - like I said, it wouldn't kill me to have to go back and activate the tickets for them! LOL

Here's something I hope we can get help with. My DH is eligible to buy six tickets. Our travel party will consist of our immediate family (4 incl DH), my SIL and her son, and a 7th person -- son's girlfriend, whose mother is active duty military but can't join us. If her mom bought 1 ticket from MWR, would they let her activate @ WDW, since my huband will be there with us to show his ID? (She probably won't be able to go with us if she can't use the Military Salute ticket. :sad1: )

Here's something I hope we can get help with. My DH is eligible to buy six tickets. Our travel party will consist of our immediate family (4 incl DH), my SIL and her son, and a 7th person -- son's girlfriend, whose mother is active duty military but can't join us. If her mom bought 1 ticket from MWR, would they let her activate @ WDW, since my huband will be there with us to show his ID? (She probably won't be able to go with us if she can't use the Military Salute ticket. :sad1: )

Hi IrishTink, Since only one active military member will be there you will only be allowed a total of 6 active tickets (I'm assuming you are going after 1 Oct.).

Your Son's girlfriend's mother would have to be there in person to use her discounts.

But you can still save a little by buying the slightly (4%-5% off depending on length and options) military discounted Magic Your Way tickets from a base ticket office or Shades of Green.

Thanks for the info, Steve. Golly, that is such a shame as there's no way her mom can join us. Maybe we can all chip in a bit for the money over and above the price of the Military ticket to help make it happen for her.

I have a silly question! We'll be using the tickets in June and thinking about adding the wp&m for the first time. If we did, does that mean we would get 4 days in the parks and 2 days at the waterparks giving us a total of 6 days of activities?

TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter