Official 2012/2013 Disney Military Promotion - Updated Post #187

Discussion in 'Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promot' started by Cheshire Figment, Aug 8, 2012.

1. hlsmith81

hlsmith81 Earning My Ears

Awesome, so we aren't completely out of luck! I was so bummed thinking we may have to cancel our trip! There is so much conflicting info about this in the web! Thanks for the help.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Jean@NE

Jean@NE Earning My Ears

Chesire - I'm confused... In your post #187 it says back-to-back use is not allowed, but in your ticket sticky it says "Salute tickets may be used back-to-back, such as two people wanting to use tickets for eight days." We are taking our Grandson next summer, and would want to use tickets back-to-back. Can we, or not? Thanks for all of your helpful info!!

4. tcp0421

tcp0421 DIS Veteran

I believe they changed the back to back use just recently. So now yes you can use them back to back

5. BubMunkeyBles

BubMunkeyBles DIS Veteran

Can you upgrade a military 4 day ticket to the DVC premium pass deal going on? I saw that FL residents could upgrade theirs so I would assume so but want to double check.

6. Cheshire Figment

Cheshire Figment <font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend

Yes. but there is no price bridging.

7. ret32

ret32 Earning My Ears

I believe I know the answer to my question, but am not 100% sure. I would appreciate a confirmation either way.

We are going to DL the week of 12/17-12/21. We are considering inviting our 10 year old niece to go with us. Her father is active military. We have told him that she must have a normal DL ticket, NOT a military ticket because she personally is neither active military nor the spouse of active military.

Am I right?

Obviously, he is squawking at this because his cost to send her with us is over $100 extra using the normal ticket.

8. mckryan

mckryan DIS Veteran

You are absolutely correct. Even if he bought her a ticket on a local military installation, either he or his spouse would have to be at DL to activate the ticket.

9. interstate70s

interstate70s DIS Veteran

It's true that she can't use the MilitarySalute tickets w/o him, but her Dad should check out the regular military discount tickets for DL at his MWR. The regular military discount tickets for DL have a much deeper discount than the regular WDW regular military discount ones. I think she would still have to use her dependant ID at the turnstyles (She's required to have one if shes 10)

10. dtkt

dtkt Earning My Ears

Can the service member give the names, birthdates, addresses and phone numbers for the other five tickets or do those people have to be physically present when the tickets are activated?
    Thank you for your assistance!

11. erinclemmer

erinclemmer Earning My Ears

We are going to Disney World in January and I want to buy Military tickets with Water Park and More option, but I want to use my theme park days in January and save my 4 Water Park admissions for a return trip in the summer. Is this allowed?

12. Steve TLT

Steve TLT Disney Armed Forces Salute Expert - USAF Retired

Yes it sure is! the WP&M entries will be good through 28 Sept 2013.

13. interstate70s

Has anyone used the 4 day Salute Tickets back2back? I've heard the policy has changed, but is it one of those YMMV things, or is this official policy?

14. Steve TLT

My WDW Media contact has briefed me that back to back use is allowed now. And when I was on property in Late Oct/early Nov I asked the castmember I bought one from at Epcot Guest Relations if they were allowing it and he told me yes, the only restriction was 6 during the offer.

Steve

15. interstate70s

Great. Thanks. We have 4 (2 adults, 2 kids) in the famiy. We would like to do 6 days at WDW. Could we then buy the 6 salute tickets, and get our child under 10, a regular military discount 6 day hopper ticket or would it have to be one of the adults?

16. buffettgirl

buffettgirl The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet.

anybody you want.

17. Steve TLT

The child's 6-day hopper is $309 at Shades of Green

18. interstate70s

Thanks for your help. Now I just have to decide if additional cost is worth for the extra days.

19. nw2this

nw2this Earning My Ears

I know about the 4 major parks and DTD, anywhere else?

Which activation location is nearest to Shades?

Can you purchase the tix at Shades 24 hours a day? if not what hours?

How do you get to Shades using Disney transportation? Make your way to Poly then walk? or go to a park then take the Shades bus?

20. Steve TLT

Those are the only locations where you can activate the tickets...

The TTC would be the closest location.

The Shades ticket office is open 8a-7p.

Without a car the two way you mentioned are the only way to get to Shades. If you don't mind paying sales tax you can just buy your tickets at any Disney ticket window. Costs a little more but you'd be paying for the convenience.

21. buffettgirl

buffettgirl The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet.

Just a minor clarification - there is no shades bus from MK or Epcot, and the Shades bus from Studios and Animal Kingdom only runs once per hour.

Easiest from anywhere:
    TTC to Shades bus (found in the bus parking area)
    or
    Poly then walk to Shades