Offensive billboards on the way to Disney

Three words...freedom of speech. We may or may not agree on the message but the sender is free to send it.

The older I get, the more I learn that just because one person finds something offensive does not mean another one will.

Freedom of speech doesn't necessarily mean anything goes, though. Look at cigarette/tobacco advertising - it is all but extinct because of a consensus that it isn't appropriate for children/teens to be exposed to. There's no reason there shouldn't be some basic standards when it comes to graphic/explicit billboards as well (whether graphic-disturbing or graphic-sexual).

Sorry I put this in the wrong forum. I don't have a problem with it being moved.

I just remembered another one of the billboards that pizzed me off. It said something like "By 6 weeks your baby's heart is already beating". That bothered me too because that is false. Going through infertility I know a lot about pregnancy and that is just not true. Babies hearts beat between 6 and 8 weeks. Not right at 6 weeks for every baby or every mother. It varies. I know not a huge deal but I just get irritated by misinformation. If they are going to put up those billboards at least get your facts straight!

I don't mind billboards but I would LOVE to rather see amusement park billboards to get me excited than the ones that just upset me. I think no matter which side of the abortion thing you sit on- no one wants to be smacked in the face with that much info or billboards about it. Just a downer. :(

if you dont want to see anything "offensive" fly and take disneys magical express. if you want to drive, then explain the realitys both good and bad of abortion.

I see these billboards all the time since we go to Disney World about four or five times a year. And I also see the "We Bare All" signs too. I see a lot of signs on the way there. Unless I'm looking for a gas station or a fast food place, whatever is on a billboard just stays in my mind for a fleeting second and then I move on.

It's not a big issue and if you want something more "fun" on the way to Disney World, there are tons of other roads to take. You'll have to start patrolling Route 27, Highway 192, Route 429, I4, etc. You cannot police everything.

If you really are upset about it, I'll be going down there for Thanksgiving weekend and I can send you the billboard sign company so you can send them your concerns. PM me if you want that info and I can send it to you. Otherwise, nothing will be done about it.

1. The groups that decry the slaughtering of animals etc. were the only customers the billboard company could find to rent the billboards.

2. The billboard company had no customers and put up the offensive stuff to induce others, namely anyone offended enough, to buy the space and cover it up with something different.

3. The billboard company thought that kids young enough to be offended would not recognize a skinless animal or a fetus by seeing a photograph of one. (Unless they had been to a butcher shop where small whole animals such as piglets and ducks are hung in the window.)

Several years ago I remember, on the ride from the airport to Disney, numerous billboards torn apart by a hurricane.

I wonder why this thread was moved to a theme parks subforum since I didn't find anything theme park related in it.

Count me in as another who hates the billboards. As an Atlantan, I absolutely hate that once you are past Macon, there is nothing but "we bare all" and crap like that. And I am far from a prude, LOL, it's just completely unneccessary. 1 maybe, but not 40 of them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter