Offended Bob Iger Responds to Congressman Markey on MyMagic

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by WaltD4Me, Jan 29, 2013.

1. ADP

ADP <marquee><font color=red>I'm a huggin' fool</marqu

I think a more appropriate response from Iger should have been something to the affect.... "Hey Congressman Markey - Don't you have more important things to worry about and/or bigger fish to fry than MyMagic +!"

Sorry if I'm upsetting anyone politically, but with debt ceilings, spending, and a lot of other political hot potatoes going on in congress MyMagic + should be towards the bottom of the list of priorities.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sayhello

sayhello Have Camera, Will Travel Moderator

I totally agree with you about the importance or not of the issue, but if Iger had responded as you suggest, then that would give the impression that Disney was guilty as charged and just trying to avoid the issue. I think Iger's response was spot-on!

Sayhello

4. baler31

baler31 DIS Veteran

Well in defense of Markey, he tried to do his research and later tried the links in the letter but could not get the Disney website to work:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Maybe Markey needs to ask if MagicBand is going to work:confused3

5. Vinnya1726

Vinnya1726 Earning My Ears

Way to go Bob...tell them where it is at.

6. MapleGirl

MapleGirl Perpetual Planner

Well done, Bob. It is excellent to to see some one speaking plainly in business and politics.

7. StitchesGr8Fan

StitchesGr8Fan DIS Veteran

Love it! I wish everyone had access to address politicians like that. Then maybe the politicians would listen instead of running the country around in circles. Bob Iger for president! J/K (kinda)

8. MickeyMinnieMom

MickeyMinnieMom If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

There are rumors every now and then that he'll run for office... maybe mayor of NYC...

9. GAN

GAN DIS Veteran

Is it true that tomorrow Iger is prepared to address the Yeti issue?

10. Gantu

Gantu Oh,,,,,blitznac!

Funniest post ever! :thumbsup2

11. disney david

disney david DIS Veteran

i guess we got are answer if disney listen to the podcast he must be a pete fan just look he wrote this letter and moved the cleaning lady away from disney world and maybe into retirement.

By the way where jcb this sounds like something he would be all over maybe he write a blog when it done.

12. jcb

jcb always emerging from hibernation

You have to wonder if Bob Iger felt intimidated by Congress' whopping 14 percent approval rating.

13. The problem now is Disney owns the privacy issue. Let one persons private information be leaked, god forbid a kid or 1 cast member abuse some of this information and Eiger is not going to look very good when his reply gets read at the civil suit.. oh wait during the settlement hearing

14. baby1disney

baby1disney DIS Veteran

What is this letter about? I'm sorry I've been out of the loop and haven't been caught up to date with things yet lol. I just want to know what everyone is talking about.

15. *NikkiBell*

*NikkiBell* The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible Moderator

Terri, take a look at the information in the first post. :goodvibes

So, I haven't listened to all of the show yet, but I about busted a gut at the intro. It's related. ;)

16. Cherinva

Cherinva Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

Well done Bob Iger !!!!!

17. thbath77

thbath77 Earning My Ears

That's Awesome!! I love listening to the Podcast conversation this week about privacy. Pete is right. The fact that when I look something up online I then have ads about it for the next few days because they are tracking what I am looking at, scares me more then anything else.

18. MickeyMinnieMom

MickeyMinnieMom If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

It would scare me, too, except half the ads are for Disney products! :lmao:

19. Cyrano

Cyrano Moderator Moderator

Interesting response. I agree with others it is not the tone of letter you would expect from a CEO but I concur with its' sentiments.

20. Stacy's a freak

Stacy's a freak wrangles snakes

I love it! I would bet that Iger doesn't give two hoots about what Markey thinks of him or the Disney Company, as a whole. And Iger must not think he will get in hot water with his shareholders or guests by saying it. It's akin to a baseball team's manager getting in the umpire's face to challenge a call. It usally gets the team, fans and audience behind him. I might be reading too much into the letter, but it's a possible strategy - one which seems to be working based upon this thread alone :thumbsup2 I'm behind you, Bob!

21. skier_pete

skier_pete DIsney-holics Anon

Ha! That's a good point. When's the last time there was a thread here that was Universally behind a decision made by the Disney CEO? Most likely never.