Off-topic randomness - a place to ramble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PepeLePirate said:
*cough* *cough*....you were talking about the hard labor you did with the concrete slabs right?? :rolleyes1

oh my :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Since I'm so "busy at work" today, and I guess as an anecdote, I was offered a job at the Disney call center IT department years ago, but the pay was not so great. However, this is before I turned into a Disney nut...so..wifey converts me into a Disney nut, I called my head hunter see if she can get me anything there, and she told me that now there's a waiting list for IT jobs @ Disney in Central Fla....much like what it use to be with Andersen Consulting or EDS in the mid/late-90s.

Hindsight is 20/20 indeed....

ok..I admit it...I was so bored out of my mind today, that I was just browsing through all the groups, and only posting here. So without further ado, this is a real subject from the flower & garden group "You bet! I'm a hoer" ..here's the link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=860195.

I thought it was hilarious.
:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

actually PepeLePirate you might have lucked out, Disney out-sourced a lot of their IT and that is why there are so few jobs, you might have lost your job when that happend

KristaTX said:
I'm not scary :). And I will now admit that despite my CB thread about VMK last week, VMK is really growing on me :blush:. My thanks to those of you who have been showing me the ropes.

I thought the picture of the cute kid looked familiar!

Oh no! I hope I didn't convert you from a fine, upstanding citizen on the CB, into a depraved VMK addict...

Soon you will be looking for VMK Dis rooms, asking WebmasterAlex to dance for you, partying until closing...

Flee! Flee while you still can!

---

ps - do you see what I mean, from my posts on the CB, that it's all about the people? a weird but fun bunch here :)

JeanJoe said:
Soon you will be looking for VMK Dis rooms, asking WebmasterAlex to dance for you, partying until closing...

---

ps - do you see what I mean, from my posts on the CB, that it's all about the people? a weird but fun bunch here :)

Oh I know exactly what you mean about people, and I am seeing how the VMK dis group is functioning as it's own community. That sense of community is what I feel about a certain group of DIS people, most of whom I have met in person at WDW or at other DIS meets (And BTW we are having another DFW DIS meet this weekend if any of you are from around here http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=759792 .)

I'm already following people into the VMK Dis rooms, and also talked TLinden16 (Jellyrolls Karen) into hanging out with me. Trying to talk Towncrier into it. And I know better than to ask Alex to dance for me :sad2:. Besides - if I need to see him dance I'll just pop in the video I have where someone snuck a bit of footage of him dancing at WDW :dancer:.

I don't care if you don't hang out on the CB, but why are you scared of the people there? I'll admit there are a few. . .um. . . uh. . . how do I say this. . . . "opinionated" people. But for the most part the posters over there are just nice, fun people.

KristaTX said:
I'm already following people into the VMK Dis rooms, and also talked TLinden16 (Jellyrolls Karen) into hanging out with me. Trying to talk Towncrier into it.
Must be from the DVC boards, but I've TLinden's posts, and the ever-present Jellyroll's sig picture (Scotty, or something?) Since I've just joined at the Boardwalk, I can't wait to find out what the Duelling Pianos are all about -- October will be our first trip Home.

And I know better than to ask Alex to dance for me :sad2:. Besides - if I need to see him dance I'll just pop in the video I have where someone snuck a bit of footage of him dancing at WDW
You know, it can't be that hard to make an animated gif of that... Can't be that hard...

I don't care if you don't hang out on the CB, but why are you scared of the people there? I'll admit there are a few. . .um. . . uh. . . how do I say this. . . . "opinionated" people. But for the most part the posters over there are just nice, fun people.
LOL, I'm not really scared of the people on CB. It's just such a BIG, fast-moving set of threads. I feel like I'm trying to drink out of a firehose when I peek at that board.

Of course, should I post inquiring about putting 5 adults into a DVC studio room, with my 3 yo masquerading as a 2 yo, bringing the refillable mugs from last trip, pool-hopping to SAB after saving all the pool seats from the morning with towels, while visiting the parks and sneaking through the Fast Pass lines, ending with crowding at the last moment to the curb to see the parade and fireworks? How's that? ;)

JeanJoe said:
Of course, should I post inquiring about putting 5 adults into a DVC studio room, with my 3 yo masquerading as a 2 yo, bringing the refillable mugs from last trip, pool-hopping to SAB after saving all the pool seats from the morning with towels, while visiting the parks and sneaking through the Fast Pass lines, ending with crowding at the last moment to the curb to see the parade and fireworks? How's that? ;)

oh my Joe!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Yes, TLinden16 is a DVC member (at the Boardwalk :) ), but she also posts on a lot of the other boards. She is a moderator and DIS chat host. She doesn't have her real name yet on VMK, but right now she is 214658. Towncrier who I mentioned is also a DVC member. I'm not.

And the CB is fast moving and can be overwhelming. Nowadays I can't do a very good job of keeping up with it because it is so populated that threads get knocked down REALLY quickly :(. Doesn't seem to be a good solution for that problem for now, if you can even call it a problem.

Actually the best way to get to know DISers is to go to meets and to meet up with DISers at WDW. I know that a few weeks ago they had a huge meet at the Rainforest Cafe in Boston, but I guess you didn't make it. We've had 4 or 5 here in the DFW area so far this year. You can see pictures and stuff from most meets over on the DIS meets forum http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25 . If you really want to meet some DIS people, go the first part of December around Deb Will's Mousefest time. The World is crawling with DISers, guidebook authors, and website people at that time.

JeanJoe said:
:rotfl: :rotfl2:

I see parenthood just keeps getting better and better! Can I return mine? ;)

Naw...they lose their trade-in value as soon as you take them home from the hospital ;)

I have two girls also...DD12 is a soccer princess who's (so far) always been fairly even-tempered. She suckered us into thinking we were good parents so we'd have DD2...AKA the wild todd! We may all be in a home by the time she's through with us :faint:

BTW...any trekkies out there? Scotty got beamed up today ;)

Wow. People are yapping about me. I must be famous.

Karen

TLinden16 said:
Wow. People are yapping about me. I must be famous.

Karen

Well, to be honest, actually, for me, it's the strange guy in your sig who looks like he's doing the chicken dance. Really kind of hard to miss. ;)

So what is a duelling piano at jellyrolls anyway? (It's ok - you can just tell me to do a search.)

When / if you do up a VMK room, somehow I think you ought to put 2 pianos in there, set up with a stage :)

Joe, dueling pianos is basically just two guys sitting at pianos facing each other singing and playing :)

That guy in my signature is my favorite Jellyrolls piano player--Scotty. And he is actually doing the tree dance not the chicken dance :)

Oh, and I have been setting up my room. I already have two pianos in there. I need to get some chairs and stuff. Must play games to get more credits :)

Karen

JeanJoe said:
Woot woot!

Oh, here's something. If anyone's read the latest Harry Potter (don't worry, no spoilers coming), prominently placed in a special font is printed something like "Just shove a bezoar down their throats!"

I feel so trendy now. But it doeds not sound like a bezoar is very palatable, does it?

LOL I thought of you when I read that part. Who knew that little green men could cure the maladies of magic. LOL

WebmasterAlex said:
She called me at lunch, the trainer, after much testing, many soaks in ice water buckets, whirlpools, excersizes and electrical shocks from a TENS unit has decided that she has a "Dumb Ankle". Basically her ankle doesn't push back the way it should to prevent injury.
She isn't happy any part of her can be referred to as "dumb" :)
I love it

Dumb Ankle, is that a medically technical diagnosis?? I want to use that next time I wind up on crutches for doing something silly.

Dueling Pianos can be fun! It's a bar after all :)

Tishke- I thought the same thing! I was SO cracking up when I read that.
I think it's a sports medicine thing so you have to be doing something athletic (like walking) to qualify :)

Alex likes going to dueling pianos with me and making me drink.

Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter