Off to the Med! All the way from the East! (Updated 11/30/13)

We're in Villefranche right now! The Internet on the ship is really slooooowww!
We're doing the highlights of Monaco and Monte Carlo excursion so we got off a little early to walk around (well for my parents anyways), I'm just down here for the Internet!

Thanks for checking in! Your fans are glad to hear from you. I have read that the Mickey Bars have finished. I hope that everything else is ok for you! :)

Hi guys! Was really busy for the past few days after getting back, so I should be writing some more on the trip tomorrow. Hopefully I will finish in time before university opens back up in 1 and a half weeks time!

Sunny

Day 3 - Embarkation day!

Today is the day! Mum and my aunt went for an early morning bag hunt, while me and Sea woke up a little later at around 10am. We have a van booked for us through the hotel to the cruise terminal at 11am, mum came back from the shopping trip a little late at around 11.10am, and off we went on our way to the terminal!

Here's a little progression of how excited we got:

jl26.jpg

3wcc.jpg

9yb9.jpg

hfn9.jpg

1oyk.jpg

You can probably figure it out me and Sea were dancing with joy by the time we arrived.

Once we got to the terminal, we dropped our bags off, headed for security and checked in!

ogti.jpg

j07v.jpg

ghy1.jpg

na53.jpg

Finally, we boarded the ship with our family name announced!

On the boat, we headed to the concierge reception where we had everything we booked provided in a file for us so we could go through, we also met our awesome-in-many-ways concierge, Tawanda! Mum then went for lunch at Topsiders while me and Sea walked around a bit then had lunch at Parrot Cay.

7nl4.jpg

yhm5.jpg

ly8g.jpg

m5lg.jpg

4bps.jpg

We then went to our room, hung up our FE, then took a stroll around the boat exploring everything!

gnhf.jpg

fo0k.jpg

njo3.jpg

Then muster drill and Adventures away! Across the ocean blue and suddenly you are, sailing away! - sorry, got too carried away :).

xjac.jpg

xaji.jpg

o2gm.jpg

Then we rested for a bit then Me and Sea then went to watch the show, All aboard: Let the magic begin!, and off to dinner at Lumiere's we went! (Sorry no pics, got too tired)

After dinner, filled to the brim, we just went back to the room and finally went to bed!

Oh my god, I love your families t-shirts! So cute! I hope I can convince DH to wear something similar for our boarding day.

I love this report! Is there more coming, or is there another link I've missed?

Day 4 - At Sea

Today me and my sister have planned to explore the ship some more, and character hunt while mum and my aunt have a massage booked in the afternoon.

In the morning, we went and watched Planes after breakfast, had a late lunch then headed our own ways in the early afternoon until we the concierge character meet!

Me and Sea went to a animation session, drawing Stitch!

Loads of photos in this update!

0ihq.jpg

6v1p.jpg

06fc.jpg

fye2.jpg

h9u2.jpg

7nrt.jpg

0q7z.jpg

feau.jpg

w1yh.jpg

Goofy being, well, goofy!

egcl.jpg

This evening was formal night, so we headed back to the room to get ready. at around 6.30pm we went and watched Twice Charmed, then dinner!

13ib.jpg

ko6s.jpg

s3ft.jpg

Donald asked my sister out on a date! Bad! I should tell Daisy!

After dinner it was quite late, so my parents called it a day while I went to the college club meet up.

Day 5 - Villefranche

Its Villefranche day! Our first port of call and I woke up to this:

9fev.jpg

We have a tour booked through Disney for Monte Carlo and Monaco leaving at 12.45pm. So we decided to have a leisurely brunch at Lumiere's and head down to the port just to look around and most importantly - to use the INTERNET!
Tawanda came and picked us from our room around 11am and took us straight down to the gangway, he also told us that he will be joining us on the excursion as well!

pfux.jpg

i5sk.jpg

We went down and had some food (again!), mum went shopping, Sea went to look around with dad and I have life so I decided to just sit at the cafe and use the INTERNET! We regrouped and headed for our excursion at 12.45.

75h7.jpg

x6ap.jpg

yq0i.jpg

x5lf.jpg

l1ls.jpg

xxnl.jpg

When we got back to the boat, me and Sea had to run as Junnk was on for the night's show and we got back at 6.30pm, on the second last tender boat so we went straight to the WDT despite how much we wanted a shower!

7yya.jpg

After the show, we went back to our room and got ready for dinner at Animator's Palate!

wnip.jpg

Then I went to college club then joined my sister for a late night Mary Poppins by the pool session!

That's it for today! Next up, La Spezia!

Day 1 - The Journey to Espana

The journey begins to Barcelona! Not much to say here except that it was tiring! Here are some pics of the journey:

bttz.jpg

Here's the customary group picture before we leave - the same one posted earlier.

These are from our flight from Bangkok to Istanbul.

vi3.JPG

That's me!

t0sz.jpg

My sister, being (mildly) goofy...

yh7f.jpg

And my mum, who always seem to be emailing people from work...Relax mum, your on vacation!

Sorry for the lack of photos, we didn't really take that much after that flight since its really early at Istanbul and we wanted sleep!

niak.jpg

The plane taking us to Barcelona! 4 hours later.

ietq.jpg

My mum being awesome as usual!

We arrived around 11.30am, we came out from baggage claim but can't find our driver booked through sunstransfers :eek: I started panicing after we looked around and still can't find him. So after calling and waiting for around 30 minutes he finally turned up mum and dad was not happy :mad:.

We spent the rest of the afternoon checking in the hotel and walking around while my mum got up to some shopping.

Is this what first class while flying looks like? WOW! It looks comfortable!

Day 6 - La Spezia!

The plan today for me and my sister is that we take it easy and stay around port as we didn't fancy joining the parents on a 2 1/2 hour bus ride to Florence and back! My parents left at around 7.30 for their bus, while me and Sea woke up later and had a casual breakfast at topsiders then made our way off the ship at around 11am to La Spezia.

xj5h.jpg

36ms.jpg

We needed to take a shuttle bus from the ship's dock to the port entrance where they dropped us off at the visitor's center.

pkta.jpg

Then we took a stroll into town and found a cafe with internet to use, had some caprese (Tomatoes and mozerella cheese, which Sea actually liked) then walked around some more.

ftl4.jpg

i3kv.jpg

umyc.jpg

bqzk.jpg

bo7i.jpg

j1pu.jpg

ekry.jpg

We then headed back to the boat for a the afternoon where we had a dip, some character hunting and just relaxed, until tonight's show - The dream goes on.

4x5n.jpg

n3h3.jpg

o1xu.jpg

Then it was dinner and off to bed, for the big day tomorrow- Rome!

Sorry for the delay! Too much work in uni...its all done now so here's the next installment! :thumbsup2

Day 7 - Rome day!

Rome day! At last! We booked a private car tour through "romeinlimo" for the day. We planned to visit (in order) the Vatican, Colosseum, Trevi, then do some shopping and walking around.

I woke up to this:
44pm.jpg

Well, its not much of a view...but enough to get me and Sea excited for the day!

and then this:
sljl.jpg

Checkout the Norwegian Epic! - Awesome, but not as awesome as the Magic!

Mum and Dad went to breakfast as usual while I had a later start to the day, then off we went to Rome!

1st stop: Vatican City

fap6.jpg

qid3.jpg

z89f.jpg

zq67.jpg

x4hu.jpg

2u0l.jpg

wadq.jpg

We then made our way to the Colosseum, stopping for a picture of this:

buqp.jpg

and this

x0yg.jpg

Then the Colosseum:

8vsl.jpg

0qux.jpg

ktd9.jpg

n9qy.jpg

a7zf.jpg

6yrg.jpg

Then we decided to stop for lunch as everyone was feeling the heat, and also since I hadn't had breakfast...

8qpx.jpg

Fuelled up with food and energy, Mum was ready to go shopping but Me and Sea demanded a stop at the Trevi first!

5ter.jpg

It started to rain! Oh no!

h3x5.jpg

We then went shopping and back to the boat (didn't take photos after this as it was raining and we were in shops anyways)

Back at the boat, we had a bit of a rest before going to watch the show, Villains tonight! Where unfortunately, the computers decided to crash halfway through ( just after "Be prepared", and so they had to cancel it :(

cqts.jpg

We then went to dinner, I went to the college meet up after that, and then just hung about with my sister until the pool closed.

I have to say, your family is the absolute cutest family I've ever seen!! thanks for sharing your trip... I'm considering a Med cruise, so this is helping me decide. I like how laid back you are about touring - that's what my family needs. Looking forward to more :)

Day 8 - Naples + Pirates!

Pompeii day at last! This is one place we've always wanted to visit.
We also booked a private tour for today through APtours as it was very cheap compared to the Disney ones. To do list for today is as follows; Pompeii, Herculaneum and Pizza!
I'll let the picture do the talking for now then.

Here's the pics of Pompeii:

tkoi.jpg

ksv9.jpg

j9p5.jpg

5poe.jpg

fkx6.jpg

1xf6.jpg

d7n0.jpg

Then its off to the Herculaneum!

6gz1.jpg

nw4v.jpg

ltyf.jpg

ixaf.jpg

uvh3.jpg

vmsz.jpg

In my point of view, Pompeii and the Herculaneum were very different altogether, the Herculaneum was a lot smaller in size (can do in a few hours) than Pompeii, but the Herculaneum was just a village whereas Pompeii was a huge city, the ruins were very different, and the Herculaneum was really well preserved as it was buried by the ashes, not destroyed by rocks.

After the ruins, we went into town to have pizza in the city where it was created, and it was delicious! We then called it a day and when back to the Magic and look who we met!

2pcg.jpg

Stitch!

We then got cleaned up for pirate night and messed around a little.

dzlz.jpg

Then dinnertime!

3fme.jpg

92pw.jpg

Adrian our lovely server has requested for the chef to cook us some Thai food tonight! It was actually really good!

Then fireworks time!

cou7.jpg

sk2f.jpg

vnh3.jpg

Me and Sea went off goofing around afterwards and I met up with the college crew, then finally called it a day (or night!)

Next up our final day at sea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter