Off the Wonder yesterday and NOW we feel seasick????

We have gotten this feeling on every cruise we have been on except for one. The 14 day Panama Canal cruise that we did in May. We thought it was strange that we didn't feel it after this cruise, but thought it might have been due to the extended time on the ship. I think on the shorter cruises, your inner ear does not have time to adjust to sea and then you are back on land, which just confuses it more. On a much longer cruise, you are fully adjusted so don't feel it once you are back on land. Just my thoughts.

So, my solution is... Take a longer cruise!!!!

Of course, in our situation it could also have been that we went straight from the cruise to "The Happiest Place on Earth". Maybe Disneyland somehow cancelled out the spinning feeling.:confused3

I went on a 3 day cruise in February and was dizzy for about 2 1/2 months!

After all kinds of tests that showed nothing (I am totally healthy!:) ), an MD friend suggested this diagnosis: maldisembarkment. The treatment? A vestibular therapist. There weren't any dizzy pills that helped me - even prescription ones!

So I would say that if it lasts more than a week, go to your Dr. and ask about this diagnosis and treatment. Hope you feel better soon! :goodvibes

We will also be heading to Disney after our 4 night cruise.....we do have 2 stops at Castaway Cay though so maybe being on the land will help us not get sick at Disney when we're done with the cruise. I wish we could do Disney prior to the cruise but the cruise begins on Monday so not much time prior since my DH can only take off a week at a time.

I went on a 3 day cruise in February and was dizzy for about 2 1/2 months!

After all kinds of tests that showed nothing (I am totally healthy!:) ), an MD friend suggested this diagnosis: maldisembarkment. The treatment? A vestibular therapist. There weren't any dizzy pills that helped me - even prescription ones!

So I would say that if it lasts more than a week, go to your Dr. and ask about this diagnosis and treatment. Hope you feel better soon! :goodvibes

:scared1: oh boy. That is awful..

I have read about taking Bonine for a few days after the cruise as well, I hope this works for us!

Wow...some people get it really bad.

We got it "bad" after our first cruise. But bad for us was for 3-4 days of it. Felt nauseous some of the time and dizzy the rest of the time. But after 3-4 days it seemed to go away.

After our subsequent cruises, we only felt dizzy and that was only occasionally. And after a couple of days, no problem at all.

Best solution? Take more cruises! :lmao:

i used to get really seasick anytime i was on the ocean. Then I started taking medicine and have had no issues since. I start taking the medicine 12 hours before the cruise and continue for 2 days after deparkation. I still have the swaying but do not get sick.

Just don't get pulled over for speeding and get a walk-the-line test.

It will pass.

i used to get really seasick anytime i was on the ocean. Then I started taking medicine and have had no issues since. I start taking the medicine 12 hours before the cruise and continue for 2 days after deparkation. I still have the swaying but do not get sick.

Just don't get pulled over for speeding and get a walk-the-line test.

It will pass.

Wow, 2 days you really do get it bad. Sorry about that.

I start the Bonine the night before we embark and take it every night at bedtime even the last night and that stops any issues.

The only time I got it was when I also got a cold while onboard ship. It lasted for months...walking sideways, bumping into walls, etc. A trip to the doctor discovered that the cold had left fluid in my ear and it was not letting me "reset." A heavy duty decongestant (think horse pill) finally cleared it up.

After our last cruise (8 days), I had it for nearly a month I didn't feel sick though, just the movement.

Should have sailed in the Caribbean - I have always said that the Tower Of Terror at Disney Studios does wonders for the post cruise wobblies!!

I have gotten that also after both Mexican Riviera cruises aboard the Wonder. Feel like everything is moving for a good day or two once getting off. By the way, how was the rocking/motion on your Alaska cruise? We are going on the 19th of August and I'm a bit worried about how rocky it'll be getting to Tracy Arm!

I have gotten that also after both Mexican Riviera cruises aboard the Wonder. Feel like everything is moving for a good day or two once getting off. By the way, how was the rocking/motion on your Alaska cruise? We are going on the 19th of August and I'm a bit worried about how rocky it'll be getting to Tracy Arm!

Much of the Alaskan cruise has land on both sides, so it's much smoother than the Mexican Riviera cruises. If the DCL cruises went all the way to Seward you might feel some rockin and rollin across the Gulf of Alaska, but the route DCL takes is pretty tame.

I experienced this once. It turned out I had an ear infection. The funniest after cruise experience was when a coworker returned from her cruise and fell completely off her chair.:lmao:

We debarked the Wonder yesterday morning in Vancouver. The Alaskan cruise was our first cruise and seemed very smooth to us. We had felt the movement of the ship but felt no need for Dramamine or any other type of seasick remedy. However, as the day has progressed today all 3 of us have felt VERY tired and felt like the room is moving!

What could be going on? Has anyone else ever experienced this? How long could it last?

I wear the patch while cruising and get ZERO seasick issues. Once off the ship, I get motion issues for anywhere from 5 days to two weeks (after a one week cruise). It WILL eventually go away, but somedays you will truly wonder.

- Dreams

I am the original poster and, although my symptoms have gotten much better, they are not gone completely. The dizziness seems to occur when I turn my head quickly.

At first I really did think I was either imagining it or was really ill with something. Thanks again for all of your responses!

jrosstrinity said:
I am the original poster and, although my symptoms have gotten much better, they are not gone completely. The dizziness seems to occur when I turn my head quickly.

At first I really did think I was either imagining it or was really ill with something. Thanks again for all of your responses!

Good to hear! (but if it persists please do mention it to your doctor or physical therapist. )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter