Off-Site Restaurants

Tpr430

Earning My Ears
Not sure if this is the right place but couldnt find any where else. This will be our first year in a LONG time staying off-site. I cant even remember what is out there but know theres alot. I'm looking for dinner suggestions outside the park. None of the theme/theatre dinners and no Olive garden stuff. Suggestions, thought, comments? Thanks!!!!!!

Our 10th trip coming up in July so as you can imagine we have been to alot of restaurants. Last year for first time we discovered Toojays at Dr Phillips, we ended up going 9 times!! Loved the atmosphere and service. Huge menu and not just your usual typical steak and burgers. Something for all of us and very reasonable. We don't have anything like this in England really so it was a nice find.
We also love Lone Star, Longhornes, Cheesecake Factory.

So many great choices on I-drive. We enjoy Cafe Tu Tu Tango, The Pub at Pointe Orlando, Cuba Libre, Miller Ale House, and Funky Monkey Wine Company.

In fact we just bought a couple Groupons for Funky Monkey for our trip in May: groupon.com/deals/funky-monkey-wine-company-4?pt=aUTNrmDAAAAA4B7_wEtl7uTPVkQMJJI56

Good luck! There are many great places to eat off site!

Fleming's on Sand Lake/Restaurant Row was excellent.
If you are staying on the 192, there are a lot of restaurants:
Joes Crab Shack
Macaroni Grill
Miller Ale House
Bahama Breeze
Cracker Barrel

Seito Sushi in Celebration was very good. DD also likes Celebration Towne Tavern.

So many choices on 192. I was pleasantly surprised by TGIFridays; even though it is a chain, they serve up above average fare for this type of restaurant and the prices were great! Also, Golden Corral; you could eat 7 nights a week and never repeat your experience i.e. chinese, mexican, cold plate, fried chicken, carved meats, great salad bar, etc. Did not enjoy Fat Boys on 192 when we went last year. Any recommendations for authentic southern BBQ?

We will be staying in a villa just off 192 in Kissimmee and I am looking for any restaurant recommendations for this general area. We stayed in this villa last year but we found ourselves eating at the usual chain restaurants. While we have nothing against these, I am looking for alternate more interesting eats this time around. Anyone?

ON our second visit to WDW/Orlando in 2008, we were looking for some good local seafood places, and after a few Red Lobster recommendations (uhm, no, not when I'm within a 20-minute drive of at least three of them from my front door at home), I got a recommendation for a place called Fish Bones on Sand Lake, about ten minutes or so NE of the general Disney area. The first couple of times we went, it was superb, great service, hot, fresh food, (and some of the best lobster I ever ate) but when we went the last time, it was decidedly ho-hum, with at best marginal service and disappointing food. And we'd made a special booking for the place several months in advance :(

Although we're not planning to visit Fish Bones during our trip this year, I'm willing to suggest our last subpar experience there was an aberration. If you're looking for a local seafood spot, give it a try. I do think its part of a Florida-area chain, FWIW.

To add to already mostly good suggestions...

Seasons 52

Moon Fish

Both in doc phillips area.

OklahomaTourist said:
ON our second visit to WDW/Orlando in 2008, we were looking for some good local seafood places, and after a few Red Lobster recommendations (uhm, no, not when I'm within a 20-minute drive of at least three of them from my front door at home), I got a recommendation for a place called Fish Bones on Sand Lake, about ten minutes or so NE of the general Disney area. The first couple of times we went, it was superb, great service, hot, fresh food, (and some of the best lobster I ever ate) but when we went the last time, it was decidedly ho-hum, with at best marginal service and disappointing food. And we'd made a special booking for the place several months in advance :(

Although we're not planning to visit Fish Bones during our trip this year, I'm willing to suggest our last subpar experience there was an aberration. If you're looking for a local seafood spot, give it a try. I do think its part of a Florida-area chain, FWIW.

I think its own by the same chain that owns olive garden, but I could be mistaken

we found Giordano's last time we were in fl (off of 192 about five mins from world drive) they have great pizza(i dont like chicago style pizza but this was great plus everything else we have tried is good) they also have coupons on restaurant.com

Giordano's is great. It's a never miss in Kissimmeeand Chicago. You can call ahead and order your deep dish before you sit down. Or you have to wait 45mins. Publix is down by Giordano's too. We usually get one of those roasted chickens and veggies. Chevy's is good too. They are over by Hotel Blvd.

I'm definitely going to have to check these out. Thanks all!:thumbsup2

I am planning a trip to Universal - No Disney :sad:. I have been checking out TripAdvisor for reviews. Here is a link to my PTR for a list of what I have found:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3070292&page=2

Oh, wait...I will just copy and paste the list.

Mannys Chop House
Wildside BBQ & Grill
Cafe Tu Tu Tango
Bubbalou's Bodacious Bar B Que
Atlantic Cove Seafood & Steak
Pearl's
Orlando Ale House
Seasons 52
Deep Blu Seafood Grille
Sweet Tomatoes
NYPD Pizza Lake Cay (It appears to be just around the corner from our condo)
Delmonico's Italian Steakhouse

I am most looking forward to Cafe Tu Tu Tango. It looks entertaining AND has something for everyone in my picky eater crew.

Here's a link to a thread entitled "Best Offsite Restaurants"

Our personal favorite is Columbia in Celebration. It's a small Florida chain of old-style Spanish (not Cuban) cuisine from the historic Ybor City area of Tampa. Try their legendary 1905 Salad for starters.

Columbia is a must-do on every WDW trip. In fact, it's becoming a must-do on just about any trip to Central Florida. My daughter is a figure skater and on our trip to Ellenton last year, we took a group of friends on an hour drive down to St. Armands Circle on Longboat Key for a dinner at Columbia. We're skating at the Florida Open in a couple of weeks in Maitland (NE of Orlando) and we're driving all the way down to Celebration for Columbia.

There are many good restaurants in Celebration -- here's a link

Incidentally, if you haven't ever tried Kilwins ice cream, do yourself a favor next time you're in Celebration!

We also second the suggestions of Bonefish Grill and Seasons 52 -- both wonderful upscale restaurants.

Does anyone know a good and clean Chinese Restaurant in the Kissimme area? We love Chinese food, but it's not easy finding a place to eat. I have eaten at PFChang and was not impressed. Thanks

we found Giordano's last time we were in fl (off of 192 about five mins from world drive) they have great pizza(i dont like chicago style pizza but this was great plus everything else we have tried is good) they also have coupons on restaurant.com

I have to agree with you on this one, we tried Giordano's on our last trip and fell in love with it. Can't wait to return to have some more of that delicious pizza.

Disnee4Me said:
Does anyone know a good and clean Chinese Restaurant in the Kissimme area? We love Chinese food, but it's not easy finding a place to eat. I have eaten at PFChang and was not impressed. Thanks

My DD lives in Clermont and she hasn't been able to find a good Chinese restaurant in the Clermont/Kissimmee area. She stocks up on frozen PF Changs and when she comes back home to visit, Chinese food is her first choice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!