Off Site Hotel w/Pool, Epcot or Boardwalk Area?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by PSUGuy, Dec 12, 2011.

1. PSUGuy

PSUGuy Bill From PA

We're squeezing in 3 days in WDW in March on our 'Non-Disney' trip, yeah, couldn't get that close and not drop in, and we haven't stayed off site since 1997. Our focus will be on Epcot and the BW area so we're looking for a hotel with a nice pool, hopefully a bar/pub not too far off the beaten path and at least a little less than a WDW resort, we will have a car. Thanks for any advice offered.

Bill From PA

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. WVParkfan

WVParkfan Disney Dad

If you haven't already done so, you need to check out the Swan and Dolphin. Great hotels with much lower rates than the Disney Deluxes. Great pool area with 2 outdoor bars. Plus, you are practically on the Boardwalk. We loved it there.

4. newmouse2008

newmouse2008 Administrator Administrator

5. PSUGuy

PSUGuy Bill From PA

Thanks, newmouse2008 & WVParkfan, these two have been on my radar, we've stayed at both at least 3 times each using the Teacher's Discount, and I think I'd jump at either for $129 - $139 per night, but one fly in the ointment is that we'll have a rental car and for the last few years they charge some obscene amount for parking. Wifey doesn't care for the Values and I called for a Mod just yesterday and they were north of $200 per night. We're resigned to a nice hotel around DTD or International Drive.

Bill From PA

6. SYLVESTER7577

SYLVESTER7577 RADIATOR MAN

We have stayed at the Comfort Inn Maingate East at least five times. It is down I-192 less than 15 minutes away. Their pool is very good as well as the hot tub. Pool bar with food, clean rooms and a great free breakfast. It's across the street from Old Town which offers a lot to do also. You can get anything you need in the area in a minute. It reviews are very good also and rooms are about $79.00-$89.00. It's surprising that you can be in Epcot's parking lot in about 10 minutes. Park at Boardwalk and save on parking. Good luck either way and have fun!

7. twooley2

twooley2 DIS Veteran

There is an allears rate at the Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista of 69.00 a night. You have to call them though to book it and check availability