Off-site dining recommendations

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by MHSweb79, Mar 10, 2011.

1. MHSweb79

MHSweb79 DIS Veteran

For the first time in many many visits we are staying off-site, at the Staybridge Lake Buena Vista. (Our DD is now 20 years old and the idea of two bedrooms/ two baths for half the price of sharing one room at POFQ was just too good to pass up).

So my question is, where are some good places to eat off Disney property? From what I understand, we'll be about a mile or so away from Downtown Disney so I'm sure we'll hit Earl of Sandwich at least once. My DD and I love Panera and places like that. We also love good Chinese food and good pizza. We want something better than Applebee's quality, but otherwise we are pretty easy to please.

Anyone have some suggestions for reasonably-priced, good tasting food?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Sweet Melissa

Sweet Melissa DIS Veteran

These may not be what you're looking for, but the two off-site restaurants that I'm most looking forward to trying are the Bull and Bear in the Waldorf Astoria Orlando and La Luce at Bonnet Creek.

4. princess aleya

princess aleya DIS Veteran

We are too staying at this hotel for one night before checking into POP. We are getting pizza from Girodano's, I've read here on the boards that its really good Chicago style pizza. A lot of Diser's rave about Millers Ale House. We have never gone but from what I hear it's really good and prices are reasonable.

5. dismichael

dismichael DIS Veteran

The only place we ate at completely off disney grounds was the Perkins across from one of the entrances lol. It happened to be a good Perkins though :)

6. CR Resort Fan 4 Life

CR Resort Fan 4 Life DIS Veteran

Some of my families favorite off site restaurants is the Bonefish Grill, The Cheesecake Factory and Sweet Tomatoes.

7. loveswdw

loveswdw DIS Veteran

8. cigar95

cigar95 DIS weakest link

If you want to splurge a bit and like to eat meat, consider Texas de Brazil, up near Universal. Probably 15-20 different meats. (And a pretty nice salad bar, if you want to fill up and protect yourself from eating too much meat.)

Just make sure you eat an early lunch, and that you don't have any breakfast scheduled the next morning!

9. TDC Nala

TDC Nala 1937, what a year that was Moderator

Moving to the Orlando board.