# of Cars

jkramer

Mouseketeer
I know you can only have one car on the campsite (technically), but you can keep an extra car at overflow.

Is that true of multiple cars? My family will need 3 cars to get to the parks, do they all get free parking or only one per site?

We kept our small car (Camry)and my full sized truck (Ford Crew Cab) in the 1400 loop our whole trip last year. Never a problem. We fit in the driveway and on the pavement so we were good.

I know you can only have one car on the campsite (technically), but you can keep an extra car at overflow.

Is that true of multiple cars? My family will need 3 cars to get to the parks, do they all get free parking or only one per site?

Over the years Disney seems to have settled on having your cars on the pavement rather than pulled up on the grass or the sides. The Premium sites (like Flametamr talked about in 1400) are wide enough to accommodate 2 cars on the pavement. The Full/Preferred/Tent sites are not and that seems to be where the issues have been.

I don't know the over/under but you can probably get three parking passes (if they are still issuing paper dashboard passes at checkin) or come in with your Magic Band. The key is to not drop too many wheels off the pavement, don't park up too close to the street because it might prevent someone from backing in to the site across from you, and use the overflow lot if you need to.

These folks were in my loop (200/Preferred) this past January. The truck did not block potential backer-uppers.

If you do a bad job of parking at your site and drop multiple wheels off the pavement, you may get a reminder. See the paper on the passenger window of this truck?

Here is what it said.

Don't be "that guy" (I know the OP is not a guy but we've all been in a loop with someone half out into the street who was "that guy").

But DO have a good time with your girls. princess:::MinnieMo:tink:

Bama Ed

PS - the one car rule or the no wheels off the pavement rule is intermittently enforced like most at WDW.

Last edited:
Most of the time I cant get my truck on the site with it inline with the trailer, I am forced to park diagonally.

Never had an issue with overflow for additional cars. Out of courtesy I would do the same if I had more then one vehicle. Heck I usually park my truck down there as I never need it in the site anyway and it takes up a lot of real estate.

Having a new Fifth Wheel I will have to decide once there. We also a cart again this year and one less body to carry so I may leave my truck in overflow. It will depend on our site (requested 700) and how much room we really have. We won't be spending much time at the camper after Halloween and we do drive a lot around the world. With my daughter's wheelchair it's just much easier to drive and not hold up the buses. Last time we were there in 2013 the overflow lot was full.

When we were last there the CM told us that we could park 2 cars on the site as long as all the wheels were on the pavement. That's what we did, and we had no problems. In my loop I saw multiple (more than 2) cars on many sites.

Everything above about the sites is what I've been seeing over the last two weeks here...the camp site next to us had one car parked in the grass and they got a nasty gram and a fine I think

A fine? That would be the first I have heard of if it's true.

My first time at the Fort I encountered some "Overly Crowded" campsites. They were crowded with their vehicles and golf carts. It made it particularly difficult for me to back in my 27' TT especially when you consider that it was now evening (around 730 PM) and dark. While people were helpful in "Guiding" me (Ever have 4 people trying to direct you at once? ) it would have been more helpful for them to move their vehicles which were partially in the already narrow roadway. This was in the 300 loop a few years back.

We have been at FW since 7/14. We have seen many sites with multiple vechicles throughout our entire stay. One site near us currently has 4 cars parked there, they are even overlapping into the road. We have also seen many groups of kids driving around on golf carts with no adults. It doesn't seem that anyone is enforcing the rules.

It doesn't seem that anyone is enforcing the rules.
I suspect that the rules get enforced when it becomes an issue or when there is a complaint or it's an obvious problem.

For example, a 14 year old driving a golf cart responsibly is probably not an issue as much as an 18 year old driving it recklessly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!