odd conversation re poly

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by ksmummee, Oct 28, 2012.

1. ksmummee

ksmummee Earning My Ears

I was booking our honeymoon at poly. The first night, our kids (1 who is 18) will still be in our room at coronado. Since we were actually double booking, there were some issues, but the cm made it happen...

Then cm says, and ill put a note on here that you prefer a king bed... i said ok, thanks.

I just did some research and found out except for the honeymoon suite, there are no king beds at poly.

So, I called disney. The cm said no kings at poly. I asked to check on honeymoon suite, he said it wasnt available. So I asked out of curiosity how much a club level room would be for our stay (Jan 7-12). He says they are all booked.

I know my hopes are wildly out of control here, but any chance we got some kind of magical upgrade?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. ksmummee

ksmummee Earning My Ears

ugh - just checked online and they really are all booked! oh well, it was nice to dream!

AK savannah view is available, and they do have king beds...and only $150 more than poly. So now Im torn...

-my dd would be upset if we stayed at ak without her, but theres always next year.
    -i always wanted to stay club level at ak so we can do the safari, but only standard view is available.
    -it would be great to have a king bed, and to wake up to the beautiful views on our honeymoon.

what shoould i do????

4. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

We stayed at both, Poly, and AKL CL last August. I think your mistaken, all CL AKL rooms are Arusha view. They are standard rooms but not standard view.

AKL CL is great and so is the sunrise safari.

Poly is very romantic with the pretty grounds, torch lit paths, and I loved sitting on the beach watching Wishes.

Good luck deciding! No wrong choices there.

5. TigrLvsPooh

TigrLvsPooh Planning WDW Trips Obsessively

Hi there :) My husband and I have traveled to WDW without our kids several times and honestly the queen beds haven't been a problem for us. We do sleep in a king at home, so I understand wanting to have that same size bed on vacation, but snuggling up close in the queen on your honeymoon might not be too bad. :hug: The Poly is so romantic, we stayed there on our 10th anniversary and had such an amazing time walking on the beach, laying in the hammocks, sitting on the balcony, watching the fireworks, and hanging at the Tambu lounge. The entire resort is so lush and tropical. :cloud9: I think it's an ideal honeymoon spot! :thumbsup2

If a king bed is really important to you maybe look at a 1 bedroom villa in a DVC resort. That would also give you the big jacuzzi tub! :goodvibes Or one of the honeymoon rooms at the GF RPC. Even if you switch to AKL you still aren't guaranteed a king bed, it is only a request. I do love AKL, especially savannah view, but if the Poly is cheaper then I would do that. :)

Good luck deciding! :flower3:

6. padawans

padawans DIS Veteran

I believe the Poly club level rooms are unbookable in January because of refurbs. The refurb is to occur from Jan-Mar last I heard. I haven't been on the boards much the last month, but this was the case a few months ago.

7. TigrLvsPooh

TigrLvsPooh Planning WDW Trips Obsessively

Another problem you might be running into with booking Jan. 7-12 is the last night (Jan. 11) is the night before the half marathon. Typically that night is tough because all the runners and their families are staying on property. We go down that weekend every year and usually all the Epcot resorts and monorail resorts are full. If you currently have the Poly that night I would keep it. :thumbsup2

8. SyracuseWolvrine

SyracuseWolvrine Hockey Fanatic

The 2nd CM was correct, there are no king beds (except in 3 of the suites) at the Polynesian. The first CM should have actually looked up the information and told you this, but some of the folks on the reservation line will say whatever they think the guest wants to hear in order to get the sale.

(a friend who was working as a room assigner at a value resort once said they had a guest that was furious because the reservationist had "promised" them a room with 3 king beds, a jacuzzi and a trampoline ... I'm pretty sure there's no room like that ANYWHERE on Disney property)

9. OLIVIA'S DADDY

OLIVIA'S DADDY Mouseketeer

Location! Location! Location! The animal kingdom lodge is amazing, smells great, and has great views of the animals, and a great pool...however, if you really need to decide they are both great hotels and the 5 minute trip to the magic kingdom from the poly is the deciding factor in my opinion...have a great trip!

10. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

The phone CMs don't make commission. They definitely make mistakes - but it definitely isn't them trying to make some money off of it or anything. There are no kudos for getting a booking and they have a QC system in place to make sure they are giving quality and accurate information.

11. flicx

flicx Please stand clear of the doors!

No real choice for our family. I would stay at the poly hands down. Love the atmosphere and location at the poly.

12. Polydweller

Polydweller DIS Veteran

That's when the Hawaii CL building is supposed to have its room refreshes and the entire building will be closed during that time. They will not have any CL during that time. The refurb may last unil March, but the CL staff believe it will be done in Feb.