Odd and Kinda Specific Cruise Questions

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by engle, Oct 17, 2007.

1. engle

engle DIS Veteran

1. Okay, so if I drive myself to port, does DCL take my luggage and it shows up in my room??

2. When they take my luggage at the end of the cruise...which I understand is the night before we get off the cruise...I just keep a carry on to get ready in the a.m?? So then I will have to pack some of my carry on stuff before I get on the plane right? Like toiletries etc.

3. If I rent a car at MCO, spend a few days at WDW and then drive to the port, there are certain rental car places that can get me to the port itself after I drop my car off there?

4. Is there a shuttle to and from WDW for a fee?

I am DVC so I can't get a land/sea package...which is fine, but I have to arrange all this other stuff on my own..which I actually prefer.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MBPrincessMoM

MBPrincessMoM Mouseketeer

1. Yes

2. You get your luggage back when you get off the ship so you can put the liquids you can't fly with in your bags then.

4. yes

I'll wait for others to chime in on the other questions.

4. engle

engle DIS Veteran

With regards to that shuttle to/from WDW, how would I arrange for that??

Thanks for the other QUICK answers. I find the DCL threads to have the friendliest folks!!

5. Andrew DEREK UK

Andrew DEREK UK DIS Veteran

1. There is a dop off point near the terminal you drop luggage and passengers there then park.

2. Yes, we slip it into one of the cases at port when we collect them

3. See the thread usfull DCL information at the top of this board.

4. DCL does operate shuttles to most WDW Disney hotels. There is a fee per passenger, you can bok both legs a return, or one to MCO

6. LadyShiva

LadyShiva <font color=red>Engaged at WDW Dec '98!<br><font c

3. Yes. We personally did Budget. DH dropped us off with the luggage (which was promptly grabbed by a porter - remember to tip!) and then returned the rental car to the local office. He hopped a free shuttle back to the ship and we walked on the ship.

I know there are other rental agencies local to the port, but my link for a list no longer works. You might want to check the FAQ at the top of this board.

Brandie

7. CraftyMouse

CraftyMouse <font color=brown>I am ever so grateful for the te

8. smoof

smoof <font color=magenta>I've earned my ears!!!<br><fon

You can carry your own luggage off the ship. You don't have to have DCL take it off.