October Weather and Experiences?

RyMickey

Disney Freak
I'm sure there have been multiple posts on this, but for the past two days, the search function hasn't been working for me, so I figured I might as well just post it...

We're planning a possible short trip towards the end of October (sometime between the 20th and the 30th). What's the weather like then? We were hoping to make this a relaxing "actual" vacation staying at the pool for a lot of the day and going to the parks at night. Is sitting at the pool doable then?

Also, I realize that the Food and Wine Festival can bring in the crowds especially on the weekends, but what's the crowd situation in the other parks?

we went 2 years ago at the end of October, and it was one of the nicest trips we ever have taken. BEAUTIFUL weather, low crowds, and a cool atmosphere with the halloween fireworks.

We've gone in October several times and, to me, it's the absolute best time to go. Like boxer said, BEAUTIFUL weather and low crowds. We didn't see the Halloween fireworks but they sound beautiful too.

We recommend going in October if you can.

We were there for 10 days around last Halloween, and had RAIN most everyday. (of course it is Florida!) We still had a fantastic time, I think normally October is less rainy than that. I hope so, as we're going the same time frame this year. :)

Crowds weren't bad at ALL, and the temperatures were fine for pool-sitting.

Weather was beautiful, with temps in the 80's, on our Oct 2007 trip. So it was definitely still pool weather. We went mid-Nov 2006 too and it was warm enough for the pool. We were at WDW earlier in Oct, when a lot of schools were on fall break, and it was fairly crowded. According to the UG, late Oct is one of the slower times of the year. Should be a great time to visit. Have fun!

We went October 14-21 last year and it was HOT and MUGGY and rained every day (but not all day). The crowds were larger than I expected, but manageable. In general it was a good time to go- lots to do, not too packed.... have fun!

I think October can be great and it can also be very hot. Just depends. I lived in Orlando for 10 years , and sometimes early octobers are still pretty hot and then it cools off a bit. But it is still one of my favorite times of the year. I am going first week in November!

We went this past Oct 13-20th. It was hot hot hot and more crowded than I anticipated, but still manageable. A lot of locals and CM's though even said that those crowds and weather were unusual for that time of year and the crowds did die down a bit toward the end of the trip. We had a blast though...got to do everything we wanted.

We are planning our third late October/early November trip for this fall. Weather overall has been great - but all over the board. DD, who was 5 1/2 at the time, couldn't stand the heat at MK and we ended up leaving earlier than planned (date - November 1st). Later that week, there was a storm (remmants of a hurricane) that brought all day rain. On the other hand, last trip started on 10/24 just a day after Hurricane Wilma hit the gulf. Was it cold - wish I had had jeans and turtleneck (and I am from WI). I remember not wanting to go on KRR at AK for a second time because I was almost shivering from being so wet. Pool time - it really depends. I think early October if you can swing it is much more predictable.

My suggestion - watch weather.com and plan accordingly (what to pack). Weather has for the most part been great for touring the parks not always for the parks.

Other than weather, crowds are great (I'd stay away from Epcot on Fridays).

Sounds great, all.

It sounds like the majority of the time, October does seem to lend itself to pool weather. I'm thinking as long as we stay away from Columbus Day, we should be alright.

We've also had plenty of rain on a few trips in the fall. If it isn't raining, it is absolutely beautiful. We're originally from PA and it felt a lot like November up there a couple of the days we were at Disney. Be prepared and have some cool weather clothes with you. :-)

October is a lovely time to go - hardly any queues and not too hot for us Brits !

We're going October this year but probably May next time.

This October will be our 3rd trip in as many years. I don't think you can pick a better time to go. In 2006, we had a couple of rainy days, but that keeps some people out of the parks so we could literally walk on to any ride in Magic Kingdom. In 2007, we went about a week earlier and the weather was beautiful, actually hot on a couple of days. You can not beat MNSSHP. It is a must do!! The fireworks and the parade are worth the price of admission. October is are favorite month to visit Disney.

Great thread! We are going in October this year 12th to 19th and I was a bit worried about the weather, however it sounds much better than the weather we had on our trip last August. It was so hot and rained every day, we are from Oregon so I'm not worried about the rain, but the cooler temps sound great!;)

Hey, we're from Oregon and going in October, as well!! Small world! (I'll be singing that all day now.) Hope the weather holds up for both of our trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter