October vs. December

3princesses4us

Proud OSU alum- Go Pokes!
Just back and already planning next year. What I'm trying to figure out is what holiday is best to hit. We have 3 small DDs (by then 8, 5, and 2). I have worked it out that if we went in end of Sept./early Oct. we could hit both Epcot's F&W festival for us and MNNSHP for them all while in value season. Along those same lines though, if we went in December, we could hit both MVMCP and the CP which sounds great. I think I could even plan these in value season as well...My question is to those of you who have been to both- what month's events are better? I can't decide. Help!

:earsboy: :earsgirl: princess: princess: princess:

September '05 POR for our 10th anniversary
fall or winter '06 taking our babies to the WL!

Personally, this is the toughest decision I ever have to make! I love both October and December equally. :love: If I had to choose, I think I would pick December because I love to go to the countries in World Showcase and listen to the stories that the different Santa Clauses tell. Also the decorations are phenomenal. But no matter what you choose, you win!! :earboy2:

Oct and Dec are our favorite months to go! We've been twice in Dec and this upcoming trip is our second Oct trip. I like Oct better because I'm a bigger fan of Halloween than Christams. I also think the weather is a bit more stable, no chilly 50 degree days! DH, however, like Dec because being the polar bear that he is, chilly weather is great and he loves Christmas. So we alternate!

We've been doing two trips a year lately, Oct, May, Dec, May, Oct... it just so happens that there is a conference in Orlando every May for me!

D4D

3princesses4us said:
what month's events are better?

Not an event but:

Sept-Oct 90º
Dec 70º

I love the cooler weather, MVMCP, CP and all the decorations.

steve

We prefer October over December because we like warmer weather and hanging out at the pool. DH and I love trying the different foods at F & W Festival too. And, of course, MNSSHP is a blast. Of course, on our only December trip (last year), we had wind chills in the low 30s at MVMCP. I didn't even take pictures of the fireworks. It was way too cold even with our winter coats, gloves and the hand warmers you shake up. Thankfully, the night of our CP reservation it wasn't quite as cold but we still had on our winter coats. We only had one day it was even half way warm enough to lay out by the pool. When planning a December trip, keep in mind that temps can get unseasonably cold and it isn't much fun walking around outside when you are cold. Of course, my family and I do better in hot temps than cold temps. We usually have very cold and damp winters in Missouri so when I go to Florida I want sun and warm temps.

That being said, I think everyone should go to WDW at least once for the Christmas holidays.

Donna

don't mean to hijack your thread but when are crowds better? How cold does it get in Dec.?

we just got back and I couldn't believe the heat, I'm NOT a fan of hot weather so I'd go in December. We took breaks as planned but if it wasn't so hot we could of stayed more at the daytime and less night visits. Still had a magical first visit for the kids..................

We have been twice first week in December, and once first week in October. DH and I both think MNSSHP party is much nicer than MVMCP, especially for kids. They give you a Halloween bag as you enter and there are "candy stations" all over, where adults and children alike get candy. It's fun. I also like the Halloween parade better than the Christmas parade, fireworks are neat for both. The Food and Wine Festival is fun also, but I'm sure the kids won't find it the greatest, but I don't think they would think the CP awfully great either.

Even though the weather in December has been nice for us, it is "iffy" as far as pool weather and in October we were in the pool everyday. It was actually very hot last year when we went. With the little ones that you have, I would opt for October and save December for when the kids are older. I know it sounds beautiful, and it is, it's REALLY nice as a couple too, very romantic with the Christmas decorations and music, but it IS a toss up for us as we really think the Halloween party much more fun (even the special activities and shows at the christmas party are not "geared" as much to kids, especially little ones.)

We also really like the Food and Wine Festival. October would be my advice, at least for you right now.

I'm REALLY excited, as we are going in a couple weeks and are "hitting" the last week-end of the Food and Wine Festival and Festival of the Masters Art Show (we've never seen this before). (Also Soap week-end, but I'm not a soap opera fan, so I"m stearing clear of that crowd). Only thing that would make it better is to have the Halloween party, but you can't have everything. I'm am hoping that by the end of the time we're there, there might be some Christmas decorations up, that would be cool.

:banana: I chose to do both this year! :banana:

I have been in early Dec. and did MVMCP in 1998, but I haven't been in Oct. We were there earlier in Nov. in 1997 and did F&W, but MNSSHP was over by then. The weather was great in Nov./Dec. and crowds are low. The weekend in Dec. got a bit more crowded, but nothing like summer crowds. DTD was busy with holiday shoppers. Again, it's low season, so not bad. It sounds like this Oct. is busier than recent years, but great weather F&W, MNSSHP...I can't wait! :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter