October No Buy!!

jm0925

Disney Dreamer
Happy October! A new month for new goals. Remember, you make your own rules to help you meet your no buy goal. Whose in again for this month? I'm aiming for 13 days since I have a lot going on this month including a short weekend visit for Food and Wine at Epcot. My rules include not counting gas, groceries and other bill type expenses. Starting slow!

Oct 1: Buy ....$13 at Starbucks. A treat to my day. Working on a stressful project at work

Oct 2: Buy ...$8 - my son needed money for a class project.

0/13 Days.

Last edited:
Me.
Oct 1-$66,cat tree so cats aren't scratching my furniture. $72 trader joes groceries.

Last edited:
I'm in, trying for 17 No Buy Days again. Thanks for starting the new thread!

October
1-No Buy #1

1/17 Days So Far, starting off strong

I am keeping at 10. My son's birthday is today, my anniversary, and my husband's birthday are all coming up!
0/10

Just 10 this month, and I have a good start

Oct 1- NO BUY #1
Oct 2- Trader Joes $26 pumpkin EVERYTHING!
Oct 3 0 NO BUY #2

2/10

Last edited:
I am aiming for 16 days this month.
Oct. 1-Target (some non-essentials, but got great deals with coupons!)
Oct. 2- No Buy #1
Oct. 3- Clothes and Costco
Oct. 4- I thought this would count as a no buy, but I bought two newspapers this morning :/

Last edited:
Here I am! I need to think just a bit about my NO BUY goal for October, since I will be away from home for about 8 days. Plus I STILL need to buy Halloween costume materials and will be going to a book signing and buying 3 copies of the book! Hmmmm.....(thinking, thinking, thinking)........okay.......aiming for 12 NO BUY days in October! That will still leave me some lee-way for things that crop up unexpectedly! Same as before, my rules for myself are groceries, gas, and bills don't count. I only count "extras".... things I could live without, things I could skip without dire consequences (take-out coffee, any kind of take-out foods, thrift store purchases, random trips to Target, etc).

October 1: Worked two jobs.... NO BUY #1
October 2: Worked two jobs.... NO BUY #2
October 3: In charge of chicken, pizza, and cake from Costco for DMIL's birthday today.... so NOT a no-buy.

Trying for 10
Oct 1: $9 for book fair at school for DD, $20 for new shower curtain, towels and rug for DD's bathroom (Had coupons and Kohl's cash)
Oct 2: $24 for groceries and $27 for gas at Smiths
Oct 3: Staying home and working on crafts I already have supplies for - No buy #1

Trying for 10
Oct 1: $9 for book fair at school for DD, $20 for new shower curtain, towels and rug for DD's bathroom (Had coupons and Kohl's cash)
Oct 2: $24 for groceries and $27 for gas at Smiths
Oct 3: Staying home and working on crafts I already have supplies for - No buy #1

My problem is I have the supplies for my crafts but I always find an excuse to go buy MORE supplies. `:rolleyes1

I am in again for October. I was out of town from 9/30-10/3 so I am not counting those days. My goal is for 15 days.

10/1- out of town
10/2- out of town
10/3- out of town

0/15 No buy days

Here I am! I need to think just a bit about my NO BUY goal for October, since I will be away from home for about 8 days. Plus I STILL need to buy Halloween costume materials and will be going to a book signing and buying 3 copies of the book! Hmmmm.....(thinking, thinking, thinking)........okay.......aiming for 12 NO BUY days in October! That will still leave me some lee-way for things that crop up unexpectedly! Same as before, my rules for myself are groceries, gas, and bills don't count. I only count "extras".... things I could live without, things I could skip without dire consequences (take-out coffee, any kind of take-out foods, thrift store purchases, random trips to Target, etc).

October 1: Worked two jobs.... NO BUY #1
October 2: Worked two jobs.... NO BUY #2
October 3: In charge of chicken, pizza, and cake from Costco for DMIL's birthday today.... so NOT a no-buy.

Well.... here's my dilemma. I wasn't going to call yesterday a NO BUY because, like I stated above, we were in charge of food for the party. But my DSIL insisted on handing me some cash to help pay for it.... and I didn't look at it until I got home and she actually gave me enough to cover ALL of the cost of EVERYTHING we bought! So technically, while I did the "flying", she did the "buying"!! But wait.... I did buy a decaf coffee for myself for the ride home.... oh well... still not a NO BUY. But not a BIG BUY either! WOOT-WOOT! (And BTW, for those who are thinking that I really should give DSIL the money back.... you have to know her... she is VERY persistent and INSISTENT about things like this.... plus they are not suffering in the wallet area at all! Plus she is a "do-er" and a "giver" and she is currently suffering some medical issues that keep her from doing and helping like she would like to.... so I think this helped soothe her conscience that she couldn't do more for the party). But today WILL be a no-buy!! .......................P

October
1-No Buy #1
2-No Buy #2
3-went a little crazy, I had to buy new shoes, but also went out to lunch and dinner and bought a new shirt, sigh
4-groceries, but only 6 items, so not too bad

Semi-related: I apparently paid my homeowner's insurance twice so I got a rebate that I will use toward paying part of my credit card which is kind of exciting (yeah, I'm boring).

2/17 Days So Far, I'm going to do better this week!

October 4: No Buy #4
October 5: Buying Halloween costume materials

Hoping to do any/all shopping for this week today so that the rest of the week can be NO BUY days!............P

Hmmm...not sure what to aim for. I think I'll aim low at 15 days and hope I can go higher than that.

October
1-NO SPEND #1
2-Spend--groceries and halloween decorations
3-NO SPEND #2
4-NO SPEND #3
5-spend--walked up to the grocery store for hot dog buns and tortillas

3/15

Oct 4 - bought bandages and icepacks for my knee surgery - $10
Oct 5 - knee surgery - No buy #2 - though I did pay $.98 for a prescription through my HSA.

2/10

October
1-No Buy #1
2-No Buy #2
3-went a little crazy, I had to buy new shoes, but also went out to lunch and dinner and bought a new shirt, sigh
4-groceries, but only 6 items, so not too bad
5-No Buy #3

3/17 Days So Far, I'm going to do better this week!

Yesterday I stayed home and relaxed. Today I ran some errands on my way home from work.

10/1- out of town
10/2- out of town
10/3- out of town
10/4- $0
10/5- $15.62 CVS and $87.66 Giant Eagle

1/15 No buy days

Jumping in on this. Going for 15, I think
10/1 - No buy #1
10/2 - birthday lunch at Panera
10/3 - no buy #2
10/4 - screwed up earlier. I bought groceries on 10/4
10/5 - No buy 3

No plans to buy anything today, so things are going better than I expected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter