October Departure Thread

Meemoo

DIS Veteran
I know there's a few of us leaving in October so I thought I'd start a thread up so we can vent our excitement, I can hardly contain myself :banana:Here is my plans at this stage:

Oct 18th - Fly out to Hawaii. 1 night at Outrigger Reef on the Beach. Shop, Relax, Recover!
Oct 19th - Fly out HNL-LAX Check in Grand Cal for 4 nights
Oct 23rd - Check out Grand Cal, Check into Hojos for 6 nights
Oct 29th - Check out Hojos fly out LAX-HNL Check in at Aulani for 6 nights
Oct 31st - Halloween Party at Aulani & Trick or Treating
Nov 3rd - DD's Birthday!
Nov 4th - Check out Aulani and fly home :cheer2:

To anyone else going to DL this year - am I the only one stalking You Tube for previews of the new fireworks and Paint the night!!? Really looking forward to this trip, last time I went was the 50th Anniversary and I was preg with DD, I bought her a Mickey Duffy Bear then. Now I can take her and my son, all together :goodvibes

Sounds like a grea trip Meemoo. We visited Aulani last year and had the best time.

We are heading to the U.S. on 21 October for a 7 night cruise on Disney Fantasy (our first Disney cruise) then 3 weeks at WDW (Port Orleans Riverside with free dining!). In the process of booking ADRs now. Will post more details once I have the ADRs sorted.

Sounds great. Please do a report on the Fantasy after you get home.
We are doing a 7 night cruise on the Fantasy in Jan. we also got the free dining for our 14 night trip, starting in Dec.Staying at Caribbean Beach Resort, hope it's going to be ok there.
The free dining for 2 weeks will save us some money, then the week on the cruise, will only have to fork out money for Food for 2 weeks of our 5 week trip.

Why is October still so far away??

I leave on the 15th, going to DL that day and the 16th too. I'm kind of nervous about the 60th celebrations and whether or not I'll actually get to see them! I have to leave the park around 6pm on the 16th so if there's no nighttime entertainment on the 15th (or if there's a MHP that night) I might miss out on everything :( After DL I'm heading up to Sacramento to visit friends for a few days, before flying over to Greensboro NC to see a concert. Then I'll be visiting a friend in Atlanta and seeing another concert. Next stop is Orlando where I have 6 nights with free dining at Sports :yay:. I'll be going to MNSSHP on the 25th and am doing the Marceline to Magic Kingdom tour on the 30th. I'll then be spending Halloween in Tampa at you guessed it... another concert! And then comes the worst part, flying home :( I am planning on going to the In-n-Out near LAX though so hopefully that will ease the pain a little!

Sounds great. Please do a report on the Fantasy after you get home.
We are doing a 7 night cruise on the Fantasy in Jan. we also got the free dining for our 14 night trip, starting in Dec.Staying at Caribbean Beach Resort, hope it's going to be ok there.
The free dining for 2 weeks will save us some money, then the week on the cruise, will only have to fork out money for Food for 2 weeks of our 5 week trip.

I'd love to go on the Fantasy or the Dream someday. When we finally trek over to WDW it will definitely be on our itinerary. How does the free dining at WDW work? Is it as great as it sounds, like all meals included if you stay at a Disney hotel?

Why is October still so far away??

I leave on the 15th, going to DL that day and the 16th too. I'm kind of nervous about the 60th celebrations and whether or not I'll actually get to see them! I have to leave the park around 6pm on the 16th so if there's no nighttime entertainment on the 15th (or if there's a MHP that night) I might miss out on everything :( After DL I'm heading up to Sacramento to visit friends for a few days, before flying over to Greensboro NC to see a concert. Then I'll be visiting a friend in Atlanta and seeing another concert. Next stop is Orlando where I have 6 nights with free dining at Sports :yay:. I'll be going to MNSSHP on the 25th and am doing the Marceline to Magic Kingdom tour on the 30th. I'll then be spending Halloween in Tampa at you guessed it... another concert! And then comes the worst part, flying home :( I am planning on going to the In-n-Out near LAX though so hopefully that will ease the pain a little!

I know what you mean, I have an app on my phone that tells me the count down to the last second - 157 days *sigh* It is feeling closer though when it comes to my savings, I actually need that time to get more $$ together! It will be a shame to miss out on the night entertainment. What time does your flight get in on the 15th? If its like the 50th anniversary the parades and fireworks were running nightly. Still, not sure about whats happening with the Halloween Party, hopefully it wont fall on the 15th for you and see the park shut early.

We got the QS plan for free when we went in 2013 & paid for a couple of table service meals out of pocket.
Now I know how it big the place is and all there is to see and do, we are better prepared lol.
This time we are staying at a moderate resort so get 1 QS meal, 1 table service meal, 1 snack each per day of our stay , plus a refillable mug, to use at the resort.
Put it this way, I priced our stay before the free dining came out, then when I booked it, it was the same price , with free dining,but if I was to pay for the dining plan, it would have added close to $3500 on.
Hope that makes sense lol.
Just lucky our dates fell into the time slot for Dec, and yes you get it for your full stay, even though we check out after the end date of it for Dec.
I am hoping to get to go to some of the great resturants and will be nice not having to pay, except the tip.
Dec only had a week, where you could check in to get it, phew I booked the flight for the right dates.
They also have room discounts, which some people say work better for them.

I know what you mean, I have an app on my phone that tells me the count down to the last second - 157 days *sigh* It is feeling closer though when it comes to my savings, I actually need that time to get more $$ together! It will be a shame to miss out on the night entertainment. What time does your flight get in on the 15th? If its like the 50th anniversary the parades and fireworks were running nightly. Still, not sure about whats happening with the Halloween Party, hopefully it wont fall on the 15th for you and see the park shut early.

Tomorrow is 5 months for me!!

My flight is meant to get into LAX at 6:45am I think, but I've been keeping an eye on the arrivals and it's often late or worse, CANCELLED! (flying United)

Southwest just opened their schedule up through til early Jan, just booked my last flight for the trip (Tampa to LAX).

Hooray October!!

Our trip : http://disboards.com/threads/ptr-2015s-usa-trip-the-disneyest-holiday-ever.3301479/

fly SYD-MCO (SYD-DFW-MCO) on Wed 14 Oct
2 Nights staying with my cousin in Orlando
11 Nights Walt Disney World
- 4n Art of Animation (BOOKED)
- 7n Grand Floridian Villas (BOOKED)
3 Nights Universal
- 3n Cabana Bay Beach Resort (BOOKED)
1 Night Port Canaveral
- KSC in the morning, then just a quick overnight stay at Residence Inn (BOOKED)
7 Nights Western Caribbean Cruise
- Disney Fantasy (BOOKED)
Fly MCO-LAX
8 Nights Disneyland
- Grand Californian (BOOKED)
Fly LAX-HNL
5 Nights Hawaii
- Aulani (BOOKED)
Fly HNL-SYD Fri 20 Nov

Hooray October!!

Our trip : http://disboards.com/threads/ptr-2015s-usa-trip-the-disneyest-holiday-ever.3301479/

fly SYD-MCO (SYD-DFW-MCO) on Wed 14 Oct
2 Nights staying with my cousin in Orlando
11 Nights Walt Disney World
- 4n Art of Animation (BOOKED)
- 7n Grand Floridian Villas (BOOKED)
3 Nights Universal
- 3n Cabana Bay Beach Resort (BOOKED)
1 Night Port Canaveral
- KSC in the morning, then just a quick overnight stay at Residence Inn (BOOKED)
7 Nights Western Caribbean Cruise
- Disney Fantasy (BOOKED)
Fly MCO-LAX
8 Nights Disneyland
- Grand Californian (BOOKED)
Fly LAX-HNL
5 Nights Hawaii
- Aulani (BOOKED)
Fly HNL-SYD Fri 20 Nov

Well, you sure aren't exaggerating when you say 'The Disneyest Holiday Ever!'. We considered Disney World and Disneyland combo but I thought it might be too much for us this time and I'd wait a couple more years to just to Disney World combined with a Disney Cruise. I'd love to stay at the Grand Floridian Villas. Are you renting or a DVC owner? I love the Mary Poppins themed lobby with the penguins! I've just started reading your trip report. You're daughter is beautiful. My kids are half Aussie half HK Chinese. Where are you from?

Well, you sure aren't exaggerating when you say 'The Disneyest Holiday Ever!'. We considered Disney World and Disneyland combo but I thought it might be too much for us this time and I'd wait a couple more years to just to Disney World combined with a Disney Cruise. I'd love to stay at the Grand Floridian Villas. Are you renting or a DVC owner? I love the Mary Poppins themed lobby with the penguins! I've just started reading your trip report. You're daughter is beautiful. My kids are half Aussie half HK Chinese. Where are you from?

We are renting points for Grand Flo, Grand Cali and Aulani. Couldn't argue with the value and thought why not stay at a nice place, since we only take holidays every few years.

I'm chinese, but from Malaysia originally - moved to Sydney when I was 12.

It is great value. We bought in at Aulani, this will be our 3rd stop there. Our first time using our points for somewhere other than Aulani, at the Grand Cal. I still feel lucky that I even managed to get a room there at the 7 month mark. I can't wait to get over to WDW, then I will have many more options. I am hoping the new Disney hotel at HK might have DVC, we'll see!!

Sounds like a grea trip Meemoo. We visited Aulani last year and had the best time.

We are heading to the U.S. on 21 October for a 7 night cruise on Disney Fantasy (our first Disney cruise) then 3 weeks at WDW (Port Orleans Riverside with free dining!). In the process of booking ADRs now. Will post more details once I have the ADRs sorted.

Oh! We will be be high-fiving you as we're boarding and you're leaving. We are on the 31 Oct Western Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter