October is here!!! A Semi-live TR!!! Our Oct 7-14 trip to the world!

I may try to find a lime green mickey to somehow put on my bag...it would be pretty cool to be able to pick out some DIS'ers

Two things.
1. Home Depot no longer has the lime green mickey head paint samples, so you're on your own.
2. I tried that on two trips and not a single person commented on it. The number of people on the DIS who know about the LGMH is getting smaller and smaller.

Two things.
1. Home Depot no longer has the lime green mickey head paint samples, so you're on your own.
2. I tried that on two trips and not a single person commented on it. The number of people on the DIS who know about the LGMH is getting smaller and smaller.

Thanks for letting me know...because I'm not crafty at all and was wondering how I'd do this lol...but if it's not worth the effort I won't!! Maybe I will just make something that says DIS so it's obvious?? Who knows...

That would be a great idea! We could all do that so we can pick each other out in a crowd! I have saw other disers do this and write DIS on them.

Thanks for letting me know...because I'm not crafty at all and was wondering how I'd do this lol...but if it's not worth the effort I won't!! Maybe I will just make something that says DIS so it's obvious?? Who knows...

I thought about that too.
I was thinking of wearing a shirt that said something like "I'm on the DIS, say hi if you are too"
But then.... I'd never get anywhere! :laughing:

That would be a great idea! We could all do that so we can pick each other out in a crowd! I have saw other disers do this and write DIS on them.

I think so...I'm gonna try to do something like that I think.

I was thinking of wearing a shirt that said something like "I'm on the DIS, say hi if you are too"
But then.... I'd never get anywhere!

This is a good point...there would be no commando touring for you lol

But then.... I'd never get anywhere! :laughing:

This would be me...but then I would talk to a wall...

Yeah he's that crazy...to do both the half and the full. But actually, in a sick sort of way it sort of makes sense - the half was sort of a training run for the full...and the timing was good - in that he still has 7 weeks after the half to train and see where his weaknesses are etc. And also, it was great because in this case, the half is on the exact same course as the full - just a bit longer - but the transitions and a lot of the routes are the same - so he will at least be familiar with it. I'm glad I watched him do the half because now I know where the best spots will be to see him go by...and hopefully I won't be fumbling with my camera plus phone every time lol
Well it makes sense when you put it that way! :rotfl2:

I used a self laminating luggage tag from 3m (very durable very easy to use). That said in two trips NO one has found it. and on this trip in may I even had people keeping an eye out for it.

This would be me...but then I would talk to a wall...

Hilarious. I love talking to people on vacation. For some reason that seems less intimidating than talking to strangers IRL...maybe because people are less likely to think you are crazy if you chat them up on vacay ....vs....riding the subway downtown on a regular day lol

Just start worrying when the wall starts talking back.

Yeah unless it's at Disney lol

Well it makes sense when you put it that way!

He's still absolutely certifiable for doing the Ironman lol..but at least you can sort of see the reasoning!

That said in two trips NO one has found it.

That's really too bad. Maybe it isn't really worth the effort. It just seems sad that with all the prepping we do and chatting with each other on here, and especially the "who's going in October 2015 and where are you staying?" type threads....and then we so rarely actually get to meet these people...even though after a few months of reading PTR's you feel like you know a lot about them....sigh...I guess the only way is to actually try to truly organize some sort of DISmeet....which I would LOVE to do...but again...now that everyone has to have spreadsheets and complicated logistics to plan a trip that works for them and their own travelling party....the chances of being able to co-ordinate a meet with two or more groups in the same place at the same time...without anyone having to drastically change their plans...well...let's just say that can add another dimension to some already pretty darn complicated planning....not sure I'm even up for that after everything I've done to make our trip perfect for just us lol

It's been a while since I've done any sort of update around here...probably because...there's not much to update lol.

However...it is less than 3 weeks until FP+ day for us!! Gah...and that inspires just a bit of panic in me!! As I may have mentioned...the day that I will have to make my FP+ is midnight on August 7th, if all calculators are to be believed. And on that day, I will be on a little road trip to Buffalo with my BFF to do a little shopping and dining and just all around avoiding real life for a couple of days.

I guess...I will be bringing my laptop and praying for good wifi as well. The hotel we are staying at says it has wifi - but the last time we stayed there it wasn't working at all. But they did have a sign up that they knew there was a problem and they were working on fixing it...so...hopefully they have since it was like 6 months ago lol.

We will probably go out for dinner that night and I guess since we'll (well "I") will have to be up at midnight to log on to MDE....we can stay out a little later than we probably would have lol. But I have such a "what if" problem and I'm stressing already that when the time comes I will fumble...not be able to get online...or I will mess up the plans I've been making for the past three months...or not be able to get anything I want....ugh...I just don't like the feeling. I know that really...the one main thing I'm logging on at midnight on T-60 day is the Anna and Elsa meet. If what I'm reading is correct...all the other FP+ rides I want really shouldn't be all that hard to get. But those princesses man...I hope I can get them.

Anyway...I just sort of wish that MDE would let you on to "play" with the system before your actual FP+ day so that you are comfortable when it comes to crunch time! Oh well...I guess I will just have to hope for the best.

IRL update...not that much going on. Kids have one more week of day camp and then DS (12) leaves for three weeks of overnight camp. DD (9) will be mostly home but will be doing a little trip with my mom when I go on my road trip. So I suppose I better start helping DS pack and make sure there isn't anything I need to go get or wash or fix lol.

Hey Kathy - Found your PTR from mine! I just wanted to say hey and let you know that I am here. Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do so I will comment later! Off to read...

Last edited:
However...it is less than 3 weeks until FP+ day for us!! Gah...and that inspires just a bit of panic in me!!

Try booking within your ADR and Fast pass window!
See pkondz.
See pkondz panic.
Panic pkondz, panic!

I guess...I will be bringing my laptop and praying for good wifi as well. The hotel we are staying at says it has wifi - but the last time we stayed there it wasn't working at all. But they did have a sign up that they knew there was a problem and they were working on fixing it...so...hopefully they have since it was like 6 months ago lol.

Relax. I'm sure it will be fine.

If what I'm reading is correct...all the other FP+ rides I want really shouldn't be all that hard to get. But those princesses man...I hope I can get them.

You should be fine.
Don't forget to book 7DMT too. But that should be a little easier than A&E.

Try booking within your ADR and Fast pass window!

Gah!! Actually, for our last short trip in March, I only booked our trip 45 days out so I was in that boat. I think I did pretty well on that trip with scoring a BOG lunch and pretty much all the rides we wanted on our MK day. But the thing was...for that one..I didn't even attempt to get the Anna and Elsa lol. But I've heard that if you have time to sit on the MDE once in a while...and keep checking ...you can still get what you want closer to the trip...let's hope that's true for you :)

Don't forget to book 7DMT too. But that should be a little easier than A&E.

Yes...I'm still not sure my DD will go on 7DMT when presented with the opportunity...but if I can get a FP+ for it, I'm going to and then I guess worst case I can try to change it to something else if she bails. But we have 2 MK days plus also an afternoon before MNSSHP to work with...so hopefully during at least one of those days we will get lucky :)

However...it is less than 3 weeks until FP+ day for us!! Gah...and that inspires just a bit of panic in me!!

Don't panic. Just breathe. You've got 2+ weeks before you have to panic.

I know that really...the one main thing I'm logging on at midnight on T-60 day is the Anna and Elsa meet. If what I'm reading is correct...all the other FP+ rides I want really shouldn't be all that hard to get. But those princesses man...I hope I can get them.

Hopefully you can get them ... we got them in February with no problems (at midnight). The more flexible you're willing to be with which of your MK days you see them, the better of a chance you'll have. With only 2 people, I think you'll get it for at least one of your days.

Anyway...I just sort of wish that MDE would let you on to "play" with the system before your actual FP+ day so that you are comfortable when it comes to crunch time! Oh well...I guess I will just have to hope for the best.

Yeah, that would be nice. My first FP+ booking freaked me out a little ... and I had actually done it before! (We went during testing and used the system a little, but only on the app)
Don't be nervous, I'm sure you'll be fine!

My first FP+ booking freaked me out a little ... and I had actually done it before!

The funny thing is, I "have" done it before when we went in March. But that trip was booked at only 45 days out so I was able to just get on there and book my FP+ without having all this time to overthink everything...I think maybe that is why I'm so anxious this time...because now I have everything planned out the way I want it and if I can't get the FP+ that I want, then I will have to rethink everything...ugh. So. But I know...I have to relax and trust that even if I don't get everything - or heck - anything that I want...we will still be at Disney and it will still be awesome.

I am willing to be somewhat flexible in my FP+ times for Anna/Elsa - our last park day is MK where we can be there pretty much anytime...but I'd rather it not be late at night on our last night. So I'm going to aim for that as soon as I log on. If I can't get anything on that day, I will try for the other MK day..which is a MNSSHP day and also a day that we planned on not getting to the park super early - but I'm hoping that somewhere between say 11-5pm on that day...or anytime on our last day we will be able to score that coveted FP+.

That's got me thinking...what do you want to bet there are websites popping up that for a small fee will somehow get you booked with all the FP+ that you really want lol

Just finished going through your PTR and looks like you have some really great plans! Love the mini DC report - looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Also I hope your DD doesn't know about this trip but even if she has suspicions she still doesn't know for sure and it will still be a surprise. Hope your hotel has wifi so you can get your FP+ scheduled and hope you have a great girls trip - those are always a lot of fun and for me much needed!

My feet are sore just from walking on our holiday, so I especially admire the running portion.

I totally agree...after a day of theme park walking I'm tired...I can't fathom doing what hubby is doing. Though I have seen him put in countless hours of training....

I hope that HS still works out for you in your plans; I kind of think of it as the poor neglected park that needs a bit of love, poor thing.

I'm pretty sure we will still go - because I do want to see it before they change it all. Also - we have that ADR at Sci-Fi that I'm kind of excited about...and TSMM....so between that and whatever else we can do there...I think it will hopefully be worthwhile. I do hope that some of the "rumoured to be closing" attractions are still there in October though.

looks like you have some really great plans!

Thanks!! I'm really excited to LIVE them lol....It's funny because it seemed so far away but now that we are almost at FP+ day...it is getting real!

even if she has suspicions she still doesn't know for sure and it will still be a surprise.

You know...we have just thought of a plan....to surprise DD without making DS feel bad. I was worried about how I would pack for the trip and stuff without DD noticing. I waivered between telling her just "I" was going away and trying to stealth pack her stuff, or telling her that we are both going away somewhere...but somewhere other than Disney. So one of our friends came up with a great idea that I think is brilliant. A bit closer to the time - maybe about a few weeks out, I will tell DD that I have decided to take HER to Washington, DC. That way, DS will hopefully think that's fair, since he has already been there, and she won't be suspicious of me packing up clothes for her etc...Then...on the actual day we leave, either on the way to the airport or once we get to the airport - I will spill the beans about going to WDW. I may even act like I "can" be totally spontaneous lol and be all "so...I know I said we were going to Washington, but...how would you like to go to Disney World instead"...lol I don't know if she will buy it but...it will be awesome anyway lol.

Thanks!! I'm really excited to LIVE them lol....It's funny because it seemed so far away but now that we are almost at FP+ day...it is getting real!
You and me both! I feel that the trip is right around the corner once the FP+ day gets here!

You know...we have just thought of a plan....to surprise DD without making DS feel bad. I was worried about how I would pack for the trip and stuff without DD noticing. I waivered between telling her just "I" was going away and trying to stealth pack her stuff, or telling her that we are both going away somewhere...but somewhere other than Disney. So one of our friends came up with a great idea that I think is brilliant. A bit closer to the time - maybe about a few weeks out, I will tell DD that I have decided to take HER to Washington, DC. That way, DS will hopefully think that's fair, since he has already been there, and she won't be suspicious of me packing up clothes for her etc...Then...on the actual day we leave, either on the way to the airport or once we get to the airport - I will spill the beans about going to WDW. I may even act like I "can" be totally spontaneous lol and be all "so...I know I said we were going to Washington, but...how would you like to go to Disney World instead"...lol I don't know if she will buy it but...it will be awesome anyway lol.
That is a great idea! I do love the idea that you tell her you guys are going on a trip to DC but surprise her at the airport!! I would love to try and surprise my DD sometime but I love talking about it so much and all the planning I am sure she would know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter