October 29, 2016 Disney Magic NY

Hello, we are excited to book this cruise! We have not been on the Magic (or any DCL since 2007)! :yay:

2008 Disney Wonder 4-Night Bahamas
2009 Disney Magic Western Caribbean
2012 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean

2008 Disney Wonder 4-Night Bahamas
2009 Disney Magic Western Caribbean
2012 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean

Never sailed the Fantasy...How did you like that ship?
Only done Wonder and Magic between 2001 - 2007. This will be our 8th cruise booked. Looking forward to see what changes done on the Magic. ;)

Loved the Fantasy so many options onboard both day and night to do. Adult only area is huge on deck too

Booked opening day!! Can't wait for this cruise...

°o° My name is Julie °o°
-I've been married 10 years to Paul (this jan)
-We have two girls *Lorilai 10 & London 4* (ages at time of sailing)
- we are from Massachusetts.
-I'm a stay at home mom. (So I'm a cook, maid, chauffeur, tutor, tech support, hair stylist, remote finder, and bug squasher!)
-Im also major disney addict and it shows.. BIG PLANNER.. I always over plan things.
-This could end up being our 4th cruise.. 2nd time on the magic.

°o° If any 1st time cruiser/WDW visitors out there feel free to ask me questions. °o°

Booked opening day also!

My name is Renee from Philadelphia
Will be married 10 years next year and will be celebrating on the ship.
My daughter will be 6 at time of sailing.
My MIL is also sailing with us.

First time for all of us on a Disney cruise but we have sailed many times on RCCL, Celebrity, HAL, Carnival and NCL.
We've been to the World 3 times in the past two years.

Another opening day booker here - 40th birthday present to myself (of course, the family benefits too) : )

So excited for this cruise! Cruised DCL for the first time this past February on the Dream, and was immediately hooked.

We are Mindy and Greg from upstate NY.
DS, Charlie, 5 (at sailing) and DD, Lucy, 3 (at sailing).
In-laws are sailing with us (were with us on the Dream too). Working on convincing other family and friends to join in too - might end up being a big group.
The kids and I have never been to WDW, looking forward to our first visit. (Hubby went with his family back in the 90's)

Oh, and I'm also a HUGE Halloween fan - love planning our family costumes every year. (yes, I'm THAT girl) haha
Would love to resurrect last year's costume for the cruise, (Ursula) but not sure I'd have room in my suitcase for the tentacles.

We booked opening day too. Too great to pass up coming to NYC and not having to worry about airfare. We are in Maine, so much more convenient. This will be our second DCL cruise (first was in November and already hooked).

Its my husband Brent and me, our two kids Aidon (11) and Bella (4) ages at time of cruise. And we are cruising with my parents Bill and Deb. This will be my kids and hubbys first trip to WDW. I haven't been since I was probably 14. Can't wait!

Hi All, my name is Amy
Another opening day booker here. I am so excited that this will be a Halloween on the High Seas! We have been to WDW for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party three times, and we love it. I can't wait to see what Disney cooks up for our High Seas Halloween! I'm already researching costumes, and room and door decorations.
We previously sailed the Magic out of NYC in 2012 to Canada. We had such a great time we never left the ship when it was in port. We'll be off this ship though. Can't wait to get back to WDW, we were just there in December 2014. The kids know about the cruise, but I am going to try to keep the day at WDW a secret as long as possible. We've never been to Castaway Cay, since we sailed north last time.
Our family lives on Long Island in NY, and is DH and I, 3 DSs who will be 13, 12 and 9 at cruise time, and DD who will be 7. We booked adjoining cabins on 2. We will be sailing with my sister, BIL and niece, at least one co-worker and her family, and two school families. I'm trying to sell everyone I know on this. Maybe we can get a bus to drop us off at port....
I'm looking forward to participating in a FE exchange, we loved it last time. I'm already pinning ideas on Pinterest.

Mindy-Last time we cruised from NY, I used 2 storage bins to carry on room decorations and FE gifts. Maybe you could fit your tentacles in there!

We booked opening day too!
I'm Rebecca, my husband is Eric, and our son Andrew (will be 18 at sailing). We're from just outside Albany NY and are super excited to be taking our 2nd Disney cruise. Our first was on the Wonder way back in 2004.

If you haven't already, please post a link to your thread in the 2016 Magic Cruise Meets thread at the top of the Cruise Meets board. That way, Irish Cowboy can add your thread to the list so that other cruisers can find your thread and join in. :)

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, etc.).

If you haven't already, please post a link to your thread in the 2016 Magic Cruise Meets thread at the top of the Cruise Meets board. That way, Irish Cowboy can add your thread to the list so that other cruisers can find your thread and join in. :)

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, etc.).

HI Doc...:wave2: Some of us had requested to add this thread to the meets...just waiting for it to happen! :scratchin

Hi Everyone,
This is going to be one great cruise.
Originally my DW and I booked an Alaska cruise while on the Disney Magic last month. When we heard that the Magic would be sailing from NY we cancelled our Alaska cruise and booked this one. I was on the phone with DCL at exactly 8:00 last Tuesday morning. I was on hold for 24 minutes before a CM was able to help me. He said the cruises out of NY were going fast. We were so happy to be able to get our favorite room. These cruises must be very popular.
I went on the DCL site this morning and the price for the same Cat. 5B room that we reserved had gone up $1000.00... I couldn't believe it.
We are so looking forward to cruising out of NY. We had done the NY to Canada sailing back in August of 2012 and one of the best parts was sailing out of NY harbor, past the Statue of Liberty and under the Verrazano Bridge. It's something you do not want to miss.
This will be our third time on the Magic and our eleventh Disney cruise. We have been blessed enough to have cruised on all four ships.
We are so looking forward to this cruise and also meeting all of you.

Oh, Boardwalk Gal, we are DVC also...since 2003. We call the Boardwalk and the Grand Floridian Home.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,
This is going to be one great cruise.

Oh, Boardwalk Gal, we are DVC also...since 2003. We call the Boardwalk and the Grand Floridian Home.

Hello DVC neighbor!!:wave2: It gonna be an AWEWOME cruise!!!pirate:
Oh, Does DCL still have DVC parties onboard? (Haven't cruise the DCL since 2007:rolleyes:)

I will get into it more later but we do the shirts for our group. We custom design them and let people have them for whatever it costs to make them. Good to see many cruisers going on this NY cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter