October 2016!

Love going in October!!! We've been the last two years but skipping this year and I'm having planning withdrawls!!! We've decided to go in 2016. :-) It's never to early to plan, right????!:earboy2:

Never too early is right! I'm planning a trip next October with my (yet unborn) daughter :-X She's due 10/4 of this year, and I want to take her to Disney for her 1st birthday. I've been planning ever since I found out I was pregnant ;) I'm leaning towards POP for our trip, how would that be for a 1 year old? Would I need a bigger room?

We're going October 2016 too. I already have my countdown app set on my phone. :) We're staying at CSR. I live for planning Disney trips even this far ahead!

I'm planning for 2016 as well . Unfortunately, I have been basing a deluxe stay on historical discounts for fall and the most recent ones for 2015 do not bode well for next year! Do you think there will be 25-30 percent off rooms for a very limited amount of bookings and most at rack rate?

Personally, I was planning for September 23-October 8. Maybe October 15-October 30th. We will be travelling from Hawaii for our first and probably only trip depending on what would be the best value. my kids will be in Kindergarten and 2nd grade and I'm willing to miss school but would prefer to miss less during the first week of October for their Fall break.

Last edited:

We're planning for Oct 2016. I haven't narrowed down any dates yet, but hope to soon. :cheer2:

So gwynne,) have you been to WDW in October before?
Hi Melanie, We have been to WDW in Oct. We really enjoy being there during Epcot Food and Wine Festival. This will be a longer trip, we're hoping to make it a 10 day.
We like to stay at the Epcot resorts in the fall, walking through the International Gateway is so convenient. If we can make it work we'll stay at the Boardwalk Inn.

How are your early plans coming along? It's always fun to think Disney! :goodvibes

:cool1::mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjumPlanning to go also in October 2016! 25th Wedding Anniversary Trip!!! Once in a lifetime trip. Can't wait. Finally decided we are staying at the YC. My binder of planning is by my side daily

Hello!....Glad to have found an October 2016 group. We havent decided on the dates yet but we are sure we are going. Is there a facebook group for October 2016?

:cool1::mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjumPlanning to go also in October 2016! 25th Wedding Anniversary Trip!!! Once in a lifetime trip. Can't wait. Finally decided we are staying at the YC. My binder of planning is by my side daily

Early congrats! We just booked our 1st wk of October 2016 - staying @ AoA Little Mermaid. Just myself & DW. Going for our what will be 3rd Wedding Anniversary by then!

My son and I are going in Oct 2016 as well for my birthday! Right now we're booked for CBR but if those decent room discounts don't come through again we might have to do Pop instead.

Love going in October!!! We've been the last two years but skipping this year and I'm having planning withdrawls!!! We've decided to go in 2016. :-) It's never to early to plan, right????!:earboy2:

We just booked for the first week in October 2016 as well. We are staying at POR what we consider our home resort. It is tempting to stay so close to the International Gateway because of Food & Wine but I would miss the boat rides to DTD or Disney Springs. Really hoping for a discounted rate or free dining and we will move dates if we need to. Only 425 days to go!

Hi Melanie, We have been to WDW in Oct. We really enjoy being there during Epcot Food and Wine Festival. This will be a longer trip, we're hoping to make it a 10 day.
We like to stay at the Epcot resorts in the fall, walking through the International Gateway is so convenient. If we can make it work we'll stay at the Boardwalk Inn.

How are your early plans coming along? It's always fun to think Disney! :goodvibes
No plans set in stone. I think I change my mind everyday , haha. Thinking of adding on some Universal days prior then 12 - 14 days at Disney. Trying to figure out when and if discount dates will be offered is driving me bonkers.

We are also going in October! Plans are getting made and I am getting in my Pinterest/DIY-projects-for-the-trip mode. Anyone else with me?:hyper: I love making autograph books and shirts, you know anything that I can make that relates to the trip and helps make the time pass a little faster.

Our last trip was Sept/Oct 2013, so we are more than ready for another trip. We are going to be there 9/27-10/7 this time. We will be at CBR.

Our last trip was pretty close to perfect. The crowds were low and the weather was not as brutal as I thought it would be. So I am hoping and wishing for the same this next trip. :genie:

Now it's time to countdown the days....397 to go! :bored::hourglass

Extended my trip! Now I'll be there Oct. 22-28, 2016. Still booked in that Royal Room at POR, but considering upgrading to a Garden-View at the BEACH CLUB! Just anxiously waiting for next year's military rates to go live so I can see if it'll be possible! :cutie:

we're going October 2016 also. It does seem like forever away, but at least it's something to look forward to! I think I'll be much much happier once it's actually 2016 :)

Yay!!!!!!!!! I have found my people!! We are a family of 5 who goes to WDW every 2 years. We have always gone in January but something new and warmer weather so October it is!!! Oct 22-30!!!My cousin is giving us points for DVC for the day we arrive after driving from Philadelphia (14 hours). So, one night at Saratoga Springs so we can take a nap, swim in the pool, and hop a boat to Disney Springs (still want to say Downtown Disney) after our traditional arrival night dinner at Outback...don't ask...DH's thing. Then after the kids put some damage on their gift cards we will go to bed and wake up nice and early to go over and check into AOA. We have stayed in Nemo and CARS, so Lion King it is!!! We love AOA...it's the perfect size room for us and the kids love the theming, etc.

Also planning on getting 8 day base tix and DDP...as per our usual. BUT, a first for us...Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and maybe a Disney water park!

CAN NOT WAIT!

DW and I are working out a trip at the end of October, coming off of a week in New Orleans. HOPING to snag FD in a ASSp or ASMu preferred room. Can't decide if I should book ASAP and then switch if/when dining opens or just hold back and book only when the stars align. With a planned arrival of 10-30, (staying off-property the night before) we hope to hit Disney Springs and then the golf cart parade at FW for Halloween, followed by MNSSHP on Nov 1 and other parks through the first week of November. If I strike out on FD, I'm undecided on staying at AS regardless or just staying off-property.

Hey everyone, I am considering doing Disney in October 2016, since my three will be out of school around the same time. Looking to come down for a short stay.

We just returned on September 22nd from our first ever Disney World trip! We are currently discussing returning in October 2016, just need to run the numbers and convince my husband that it's doable. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter