October 2015 Mega Trip - Pre Travel Day

Laniy

Earning My Ears
Day One – Pre Travel Day

So starting my trip report nice and early with all good intentions! Let’s see how long it lasts :D

I’m currently in the process of unpacking and getting the new property sorted as well as getting stuck into my master’s course so this is going to be my little respite from reality.

So our trip started with the most manic Sunday morning. We were finishing up packing (for both the holiday and for our move two days after we got back) and had the lady from the kennels coming to pick up my little fur baby. When she turned up there was a small drama over not being able to get her in the crate in the car, so 15 minutes later she was being driven away in the front of the car with the lady and my mum was shouting out from the house that she had left behind all the information about her feeding schedule and vaccinations. Luckily we were able to text all the information over later but still, more than you need on your travel day.

All this by itself would have been fine, but then the person who was taking us to the airport then let us know that they had expected to have already left by this point when we thought we still had another couple of hours. Talk about miscommunication that morning! We left not even knowing if we had remembered to pack everything as it was such a rush. Luckily for us everything essential made its way into the case by some miracle.

So long story (somewhat) short we ended up at Gatwick at about 3/4pm in the afternoon for a flight that left the next morning! The tribulations of relying on other people for lifts. We dropped off our bags at the Premier Inn North Terminal and headed down to explore the hotel and get a mid-afternoon Costa.

I can thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone flying out of Gatwick. It was a fantastic price at £49 for a twin room and we made use of the pre booked meal deal which is £24.99 for a two course dinner with a drink and then a full breakfast from the buffet in the morning. The food wasn’t the most amazing but it was definitely a nice warm up for the holiday, I had the ribs for dinner and cereal for breakfast with unlimited Costa drink machine refills.

The room itself was great, same standard you would expect from a Premier Inn and totally soundproof. I woke up feeling better than I had in days because of sleeping in a half boxed up house at home for the last week! We upgraded to the premium wifi as the free access was too slow for me (typical twenty something) and again, it was a lovely and easy process, no major issues. It was a great way to start the trip and something I would definitely do again when I fly from Gatwick.

No photos from this day I'm afraid but there are plenty on TripAdvisor of the hotel which I looked through before my stay which are very useful. Well, as useful as photos of a Premier Inn can be! They all are much of a muchness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter