October 2015 Discount Code Watch

Anyone hear of any offers for 10/17-10/24, either UOC or other? Will Disney only offer RO discounts for the sane dates as FD? Thanks!

We called yesterday, they told us Visa Card members only. After reading that they changed it. I started calling at 5am. Then they told us that all the FD allotment for Port Orleans (where we were already booked) are gone. :( I'm super sad because we have the correct dates! Hoping and praying we get a discount of some kind! We are book October 2-10.

This is exactly why many of us post over and over that if you want a discount, you're really not doing yourself any favor by booking before the discounts are released.

The more rooms they have booked at a particular resort, the less likely they are to offer many discounted rooms at that resort. Why should they discount rooms at a resort that's already booking well?

I called today and they said that a 2015 fall pin code for RO discount was just released that will cover the dates of 08/28 through December with the exception of Thanksgiving. The mailings will go out in tiers. So if you don't get one right away, doesn't mean you are not getting one.

Last edited:
I called today and they said that a 2015 fall pin code for RO discount was just released that will cover the dates of 08/28 through December with the exception of Thanksgiving. The mailings will go out in tiers. So if you don't get one right away, doesn't mean you are not getting one.

That's so exciting! Sure hope we get one :) Are they usually on postcards or something else?

So sorry to hear of those planning trips during FD dates who haven't been able to get it yet. How frustrating :guilty: I hope you have luck snagging a cancellation somehow or get a pin code that saves you even more.

We will be arriving a few days too late for the FD promotion--don't think my sis would like it if I told her we weren't coming to her Disney wedding because we switched our dates to match free dining!! We started looking at rooms back in March, and I was surprised at how many room types were full even back then.

I called today to make sure my DH can check us in since because of work, we had to take separate flights.
The reservation is in my name. I figured since he was listed on the reservation it was fine. I laughed when the CM said "As long as he is over 18". LOL The system was down so they could not check to see if I had a UOC but I was also told that new codes are out and to watch my email and my spam folder. I told him "Oh don't worry I watch".
I debated about moving from Garden to standard to save $100, but I decided to wait until I see if I can get RO. It really doesn't matter what the view is. As my husband said we dont really sit looking out the window. I think if we were in a deluxe with balcony it might matter more.

ugh I just want to have the final decisions done so I can stop checking the site and thinking things through.

I called today to make sure my DH can check us in since because of work, we had to take separate flights.
The reservation is in my name. I figured since he was listed on the reservation it was fine. I laughed when the CM said "As long as he is over 18". LOL The system was down so they could not check to see if I had a UOC but I was also told that new codes are out and to watch my email and my spam folder. I told him "Oh don't worry I watch".
I debated about moving from Garden to standard to save $100, but I decided to wait until I see if I can get RO. It really doesn't matter what the view is. As my husband said we dont really sit looking out the window. I think if we were in a deluxe with balcony it might matter more.

ugh I just want to have the final decisions done so I can stop checking the site and thinking things through.

Great idea to watch the spam folder just in case--thanks!

If you have already booked a trip with hotel, park tickets, etc - would they even send a Pin/UOC to you? Just trying to determine if it is worth my time to be watching. I did get free dining for my Oct trip but had to change to Pop from AoA and when I booked AoA I was hoping to change it to a mod if free dining or a RO discount came out. If I got a pin I would definitely crunch the numbers to see whether going with a mod but losing the FD is worth it.

If you have already booked a trip with hotel, park tickets, etc - would they even send a Pin/UOC to you? Just trying to determine if it is worth my time to be watching. I did get free dining for my Oct trip but had to change to Pop from AoA and when I booked AoA I was hoping to change it to a mod if free dining or a RO discount came out. If I got a pin I would definitely crunch the numbers to see whether going with a mod but losing the FD is worth it.

We already have a trip booked for October and unfortunately we weren't able to get FD on Monday. I decided to call Disney last night to check to see if we have a pin/UOC. Well, after being on hold for an hour and a half I finally got through and we had a RO pin valid for August through December! At this point I figured it's better than nothing! pixiedust: We're actually doing a split stay, so now I'm "patiently" waiting for a FD pin...:crazy2:

If I do the math - and its actually accurate - I think the free dining is a better deal for me. If I were to get a RO discount at a mod (using a 25% discount), CSR would be $611 per room and I need 2. Add our park tickets with hoppers (a must due to the short length of our stay) and that is $2627 so adding the room we are at $3238. However that is without dining. If I add that in it is another $972 which brings me to $4210. Right now we have 2 rooms at Pop which is obviously cheaper given its a value, adding the fd dining, the park tickets and rooms it would be roughly $3430.

Not sure if this will help anyone or not but I received a "magical" email today from an agency that has dates in October over the 10/17-24 dates. It's for the Coronado resort.

The room only UOC is for 30% off for deluxes, 25% off for moderates, and 20% off for values :-)

I'm so excited--received an email with a UOC today, even though I already had a reservation booked! Since we can't go during FD, I was really happy to get this. I contacted my travel agent right away, and she was able to use the code and get an even-better than quoted in the deal savings for me. Yippee! The email was from Disney Destinations and the subject line was called "Great Offers for a Magical Vacation." I had to type in the UOC to see the details.

Don't give up--this was the first offer like this I'd ever received, so maybe they are casting a wide net for this one! Keeping fingers crossed that others get these too.

I'm so excited--received an email with a UOC today, even though I already had a reservation booked! Since we can't go during FD, I was really happy to get this. I contacted my travel agent right away, and she was able to use the code and get an even-better than quoted in the deal savings for me. Yippee! The email was from Disney Destinations and the subject line was called "Great Offers for a Magical Vacation." I had to type in the UOC to see the details.

Don't give up--this was the first offer like this I'd ever received, so maybe they are casting a wide net for this one! Keeping fingers crossed that others get these too.
I want one! I want one! pixiedust:

I thought the fall was supposed to be cheaper and/or less crowded than the summer?

I too need to book for the middle of October that was blocked out for both discounts that came out. So many rooms are sold out and ones that aren't have prices that are outrageous. Yet I randomly searched for the middle of July, and most hotels have availability and the rooms are cheaper than 30% off the fall prices!

I'm almost feeling like those two weeks in the middle of October might be the worst possible week to go to disney? Or at least one of the worst? Very frustrated and confused by this.

I thought the fall was supposed to be cheaper and/or less crowded than the summer?

I too need to book for the middle of October that was blocked out for both discounts that came out. So many rooms are sold out and ones that aren't have prices that are outrageous. Yet I randomly searched for the middle of July, and most hotels have availability and the rooms are cheaper than 30% off the fall prices!

I'm almost feeling like those two weeks in the middle of October might be the worst possible week to go to disney? Or at least one of the worst? Very frustrated and confused by this.
Yes I read those are tough weeks because of school Fall breaks. That is why they are blacked out. I think it's the two weeks that surround Columbus day. I checked some of the crowd calendars for Disney and that's how I ended up reading something about that plus people posting saying it's their school vacation week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter